Microbrew Invitational

4.2

Flossmoor Station Restaurant & Brewery
Illinois, United States | website

Style: Dubbel

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by Jason on 10-20-2003

Reviews: 2 | Ratings: 2
4.36/5  rDev n/a

(2003 vintage). Ah, if I am fortunate in one thing in life, it's that my work/home situation means I can hop off the commuter train at one of America's finest brewpubs on my ride home.
I'm no Belgian expert, but this I do know: It's dark brown, with a thin, less carbonated mouthfeel like a session bitter. Nicely matly with roasty and coffee aspects, and a slight "juicy fruit" or cherry aspect.. It reminds me of a hearty porter or even a Russian Imperial Stout, under a thin, lacy Belgian head. Finishes just yummy, too! Take the Metra Electric from Michigan Avenue to beer bliss!

4.03/5  rDev n/a

Deep chestnut in color with a thick, creamy, dense head reminicient of a nitro pour. Very thick lacing left behind.
Aroma of dark fruits, raisins and a slight mineral tinge.
Initially dry and fruity, roasted malts lend a caramel taste to the flavor profile. Sweetens as it warms, but then the alcohol becomes more apparent and dries things up a again. Very nice.
Medium-full body with a creamy quality, but lacking a bit in the carbonation.
Overall I would recommend this beer, but who knows how much longer it will be available as Todd Ashman has left for other endeavors.

Ashmans Abbaye Dubbel from Flossmoor Station Restaurant & Brewery
- out of 100 based on 2 ratings.