Honey Act Your Sage Triple - Flossmoor Station Restaurant & Brewery

Flossmoor Station Restaurant & Brewery visit their website
Illinois, United States

Tripel |  ABV ?

Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 10-21-2003

to view all ratings, reviews and sorting options.
Ratings: 2 | Reviews: 2
Reviews by cretemixer:
4.47/5  rDev n/a

This one is officially named "Honey Act Your Sage Tripel" and was a gold medal winner a the 2003 GABF.
Pours a clear gold in color. Gently rising carbonation. Thin white head that fades to a solid collar and a thin island of foam in the center of my glass.
The honey is apparent in the aroma with a noticable "belgian yeast" nose.
Very full taste. Initially sweet, but not overly so. Alcohol warmth, definitely a sipper. The honey comes though in the flavor profile. Spices of mild corriander and pepper arrive mid-glass but don't overpower. Arid finish with a woody, bourbon laced lingering aftertaste.
I'd love to have another, but the pleasant buzz tells me I better not right now. Very nice stuff.
We will miss your "Belgian flair" around here Todd.

4.82/5  rDev n/a

What a pint.

On my first-ever visit to the Flossmoor Station brewpub, I began with the Abbey Dubbel, knowing full well that the Trippel had won a gold medal at the 2003 GABF. (I prefer to start with a dubbel, personally.) The dubbel was absolutely delightful and I knew I was in for a treat on my second pint.

And was I ever. The folks at Flossmoor Station created an absolute masterpiece in their Abbey Trippel this year. Without a point of reference for Flossmoor Station, it's difficult to gauge, but for a Belgian-style Trippel, this is as good an American interpretation as I've found throughout my many beer travels.

At the pub a delightful bartender named Vicki took care of my beer needs (my third and final pint was the above-average Iron Horse Stout) and a fellow named Bill was chatty and shared with me some of his exploits as assistant brew master.

The Trippel won't be around long (Bill expected four weeks, which makes for a mid-November end-of-draught) so enjoy it while you can. I took a ½-gallon growler home with me to enjoy further and this weekend's return visit is highly anticipated!

to view all ratings, reviews and sorting options.
Honey Act Your Sage Triple from Flossmoor Station Restaurant & Brewery
- out of 100 based on 2 ratings.