Honey Act Your Sage Triple - Flossmoor Station Restaurant & Brewery

pDev: n/a
Flossmoor Station Restaurant & Brewery visit their website
Illinois, United States

Tripel |  ABV ?

(Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 10-21-2003)
Reviews by cretemixer:
4.47/5  rDev n/a

This one is officially named "Honey Act Your Sage Tripel" and was a gold medal winner a the 2003 GABF.
Pours a clear gold in color. Gently rising carbonation. Thin white head that fades to a solid collar and a thin island of foam in the center of my glass.
The honey is apparent in the aroma with a noticable "belgian yeast" nose.
Very full taste. Initially sweet, but not overly so. Alcohol warmth, definitely a sipper. The honey comes though in the flavor profile. Spices of mild corriander and pepper arrive mid-glass but don't overpower. Arid finish with a woody, bourbon laced lingering aftertaste.
I'd love to have another, but the pleasant buzz tells me I better not right now. Very nice stuff.
We will miss your "Belgian flair" around here Todd.

4.83/5  rDev n/a

What a pint.

On my first-ever visit to the Flossmoor Station brewpub, I began with the Abbey Dubbel, knowing full well that the Trippel had won a gold medal at the 2003 GABF. (I prefer to start with a dubbel, personally.) The dubbel was absolutely delightful and I knew I was in for a treat on my second pint.

And was I ever. The folks at Flossmoor Station created an absolute masterpiece in their Abbey Trippel this year. Without a point of reference for Flossmoor Station, it's difficult to gauge, but for a Belgian-style Trippel, this is as good an American interpretation as I've found throughout my many beer travels.

At the pub a delightful bartender named Vicki took care of my beer needs (my third and final pint was the above-average Iron Horse Stout) and a fellow named Bill was chatty and shared with me some of his exploits as assistant brew master.

The Trippel won't be around long (Bill expected four weeks, which makes for a mid-November end-of-draught) so enjoy it while you can. I took a ½-gallon growler home with me to enjoy further and this weekend's return visit is highly anticipated!

Honey Act Your Sage Triple from Flossmoor Station Restaurant & Brewery
- out of 100 based on 2 ratings.