Bitburger Drive - Bitburger Brauerei

Beer added by: kbub6f on 08-12-2002

first ← prev | 1-25 | 26-50  | nextlast
Reviews by Pegasus:
3.03/5  rDev +7.4%

Crystal-clear light golden color with a medium-sized snow-white head, well carbonated with good lacing. Aroma consists mainly of sweet malt, like unfermented wort, and a decent hop presence. Taste begins with a surge of carbonation across the tongue, followed by slightly tart malt flavors. A mild hop presence asserts itself soon afterward which rises to a slightly metallic note at the end of the taste. Finish is quite dry. The mouth feel, while nothing spectacular, is not bad. One of the better non-alcoholic beers, Drive manages to avoid the excessive sweetness often noted in these products. (598 characters)

3.26/5  rDev +15.6%

Ordered this off the board because I'd never had Bitburger. I figured I should try it at least once. I didn't notice that the board said "Bitburger N/A". Oops.

I'm quite surprised actually. Nice and hoppy. Not sweet. A companion said it pretty much tasted like Bitburger. My wife said she would drink this when we have a baby.

My only complaint is that there was a very strong 'roasted chestnut'-like flavor that was a bit cloying. I don't know if this was a ton of melanoidin, or a result of the alcohol removal, or a characteristic of Bitburger in general or a result of oxidation.

Overall, not as terrible as I'd expect. It was also interesting to try an NA beer at least once. Unfortunately, ordering this beer automatically made me the DD :( (750 characters)

Pours a very light yellow with a small white head. The Aroma is filled with adjuncts, with the overall aroma being that of corn tortillas. The flavor is more of the same with some light hops in addition to the heavy corn. Thin mouthfeel and medium carbonation. The flavor of this beer is basically that of a major macro lager, only with none of the alcohol. (357 characters)

3.25/5  rDev +15.2%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

I am drinking this because it is my 100th beer style. The clerk at South Lyndale Liquors takes one out of a box in the cooler. The bottle lists 0.0% abv.
L: It looks like a Bitburger, pouring brilliant straw under a 2” sudsy white foam cap that quickly descents to less than 1/4 of its original size.
S: Light grain on the nose with some hop spice and there is a little skunkiness which is suprising because it has not been in the light. Taking the alcohol out must have done something to the hops.
T: On entry it tastes like a beer but then by mid-palate it gets a little apple cidery lightly seasoned with skunk.
F: Light body and above average carbonation.
O: This is something to drink if you want other people to think you are drinking beer. (753 characters)

2.61/5  rDev -7.4%
look: 3.25 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

I bought this by mistake, thinking it was the normal Bitburger, pretty crappy, very thin and watery, in fact i might as well have been drinking water, at least it prolonged my night a bit being a non-alcoholoic beer(hehehe). (224 characters)

2.8/5  rDev -0.7%

Small white head dies into a thin lacing above a clear bright straw golden colored beer.

Aroma is dominated by sour corn and grains, not giving anything else room to show itself.

Taste is lighter than the aroma but still dominated by the sour corn and grains.

A dry aftertaste with some of the sour grains still lingering on with this light bodied drink.

Nothing special going on here, cept if you can't drink alcohol this might fit the bill. (446 characters)

2.67/5  rDev -5.3%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 3 | overall: 2.5

A - Very very pale see through gold

S - Pale malt, sour grain.

T - Like a watered down pale ale. Nice bite of hops. Kinda of like a hop soda actually if that was a thing.

M - Obviously lite bodied. Peppery carbonation.

O - My first N/A It's on okay drink if you need a little hops and carbonation. Honestly, though, there are a lot of interesting sodas out there to drink instead. I hear there's a hop soda these days. (423 characters)

2.38/5  rDev -15.6%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Taste like a beer, which is the objective of a low-alcohol. Unfortunately, like a macro lager. Still, it did the drink at the end of a warm long afternoon. Somewhat sweet and aggressive carbonation. Pale yellow, no head. Grassy, metallic. Thin mouthfeel. (254 characters)

2.76/5  rDev -2.1%

Clear golden pee-pee color with slight pee-pee foam covering.

Mostly a grainy cooked barley smell with some carbonic whiffs ands a bit of dirt.

Almost tastes like a beer. Grainy flavor isn't as bad as most N/As I've tried, comes close to a bad Pils flavor. Somewhat watery and seems to have some generic acidic balance rather than hop balance. Almost drinkable. Good N/A. (373 characters)

1.5/5  rDev -46.8%

Higher than without ethanol in Brazil, but lower than with pure alcohol malt (well, I'm wrong to compare with / without); however, for those who do not drink alcohol or not, may be a solution, but the cost-benefit takes to make pure water. Which seems to have a bitter coot, but not unpalatable as the thought Kunstmann and Brahma 0.0. Curiosity killed. Oh, and thanks to colleague by Kel birthday present! (406 characters)

3.44/5  rDev +22%

I've been drinking non-alcoholic (read: 0.5 percent) brews since I found out that my gall bladder has to be removed. Well, the GB is gone and I drink regular beer, but for the sake my healing body, I'm finishing the N.A. brews I have left in my fridge.

Bitburger Drive pours yellow with some big bubbles (probably the fault of my dirty glassware.) There's a loose head of foam that settles to pretty much nothing. The aroma is of fresh grains and sort of cereal-like and could be covered up with some hops. The body is a little more full than a real Bitburger and the hops are diminished somewhat. The finish is pretty dry. I'd like a little more hops; especially up front. Why else would want I want to drink an N.A. beer -- I want to taste malt AND hops -- but I can't have all the alcohol. (795 characters)

3.65/5  rDev +29.4%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.75

Clear gold with a one inch white head. A few strands of lacing.
Smell a bit of grain some dank hop aroma.
Taste is immediate bitter hops with a light malt backup. No overly sweet malty mess like many N/A beers.
Mouthfeel is just like the standard beer but without the alcohol bite.
Overall one of the better N/A beers available. Some real hops. Dry bitter finish. (363 characters)

2.62/5  rDev -7.1%

I just drank this beer with dinner tonight. I was not impressed! It had little flavour but a strong aftertaste. It does go down alright but it does not live up to the Bitburger name. I compared it to some other "Near Beers" just to make sure I gave it a fare shake it was not my least favorite on but it was a close runner-up. (326 characters)

2.08/5  rDev -26.2%

Poured from a 330ml. bottle, best before 10-08-11.

Appearance: A pure white 3 finger head with a mostly clear pale gold body. Retention is better than expected with even some moderate lacing.

Smell: Some malt and corn but not offensive and actually not bad.

Taste: Tastes, well, like nothing. Leaves a grating bitterness that is not pleasant at all. A type of weird peppery feel is also present but this is not good.

Mouthfeel: Zero carbonation and feels like water. No thanks.

Drinkability: Not at all. A bit more than half was enough for me.

Overall: There are better alternatives, like soda or water. Looked good and smelt decent but everything else is forgettable. (674 characters)

2.75/5  rDev -2.5%

Pours a clear light gold brew.

Smell is sweet with lots of grain and a bit grassy. I smell malt in this too.

Taste is sweet with a cereal flavor and a bit of hop bite to it. This has a distinct "Cooked" flavor.

Mouthfeel is OK.

Not a first choice, but if you have to drink a near beer, this is much better than the American versions. (345 characters)

3.5/5  rDev +24.1%

During a recent foray to Pittsburgh, I saw a number of NA/Low-Alcohol beers and decided to bring them home and give them a try.

I Pop!ped the cap and gave it a heavy-handed pour since it was only 11.2 fl. oz. (330 ml) and there seemed little chance of overflow. I still got two-plus fingers of foamy, bone-white head with decent retention. Color was a sparkling Yellow-Gold (SRM = 4 -5) with NE-plus quality clarity. It was so beautiful that I was not a t all surprised when Midas, Mammon and Croesus suddenly appeared for a taste, despite its being an NA beer. Nose had a solid malty smell, almost like being in the grain room! Mouthfeel was thin-to-medium. The taste had a light, grassy bitterness, but light was the operative word. It was ephemeral in its taste and it was pretty boring as a result. Finish was semi-dry, refreshing, but not really satisfying. Oh well. (873 characters)

3.92/5  rDev +39%

2.63/5  rDev -6.7%

A girl gave it to me because she is pregnant and ask me to try to know what I was thinking about that beer.Its actually my first N/A beer
First of all it have an interesting smell to it.
Lots of carbonation, nice yellow clear color where u can see lots of bubbles going up.
Well I can tell u, with alcohol, this beer will taste better.
But for a N/A beer is not that bad.
If u wanna drink a beer and don t wanna get drunk or don t wanna drink Alcohol or ur pregnant, I would recommend that N/A beer. (504 characters)

3.26/5  rDev +15.6%

2.71/5  rDev -3.9%
look: 3.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.75

first ← prev | 1-25 | 26-50  | nextlast