Hofmühl Weissbier - Privatbrauerei Hofmühl GmbH

Hofmühl WeissbierHofmühl Weissbier

Privatbrauerei Hofmühl GmbH
Germany

Hefeweizen |  5.40% ABV

(Beer added by: atis on 11-02-2009)
Reviews by sfprint:
4.55/5  rDev +11.2%

A friend brought this from Bavaria for me.

A: cloudy orange color with a fuzzy head.
S: smells heavier than a typical hefe, smells like orange marmalade. slightly metalic (copper)
T: Very nice, rich and creamy unlike any other weißbier i've had. Not heavy in flavor, in that respect it's subtle. This beer made me realize that often times beers have to heavy of a flavor. This one I find to be perfect.
M: EXCEPTIONALLY SMOOTH!
D: extremely drinkable. Wow, one of my new favorites!

sfprint, Apr 20, 2010
3.5/5  rDev -14.4%

djnicke, Sep 10, 2013
3.75/5  rDev -8.3%

Yodo, Sep 24, 2012
3.88/5  rDev -5.1%

Pours hazy bright orange with large, dense and creamy head with excellent retention, patchy lacing. Aroma is mild sourish grain, slightly fruity.

Taste is fruity malt with banana dominating, peppery yeast, wheat with a touch of sourness, the beer becomes sweeter towards the finish, slight tartness in the aftertaste. Mouthfeel is about medium with moderate carbonation.

Overall, this is one very good looking beer, but quite average and slightly boring when it comes to taste.

atis, Nov 02, 2009
4.75/5  rDev +16.1%

I have had this beer hundreds of times both in the bottle and on tap, but it has been about a year now so I am writing this review from memory. I used to live in an apartment which was overshadowed by the castle on the beer's label. Nice Biergarten there...

A: Beer always pours with a large head which lasts for a while. The beer leaves a thick white trail of lacing on the side of the glass you did not drink from; somehow this leaves me with an accomplished feeling. Wonderful color, when poured properly you can watch the yeast drift down through the beer. Einfach herrlich!

S: Smells exactly like a it should, not overly fruity, but that is how I like it. The carbonation will tickle your nose.

T: This is my favorite Weißbier in an area that is full of excellent beers. The beer is very full flavored and a little spicy, it has some fruit flavor but I think more of the flavor comes from the malt. I think the carbonation and subtle spice flavors work together perfectly.

M: The mouthfeel of this beer is a little lighter than many of the beers in the area. Don't get me wrong, it is a full bodied beer; but it goes down so much smoother than the others.

D: Better than most German Weißbiers, I would drink several in one night but I would most likely switch to Helles as the night went on. If you drink too many you may end up punishing the toilet in the morning... On a really hot summer day it can be nice to throw a bit of lemon in; I think the tartness makes it more drinkable.

One of my favorite beers without a doubt! If you are lucky enough to get your hands on one, cherish it.

EwaldEichstaett, Jul 15, 2010
Hofmühl Weissbier from Privatbrauerei Hofmühl GmbH
- out of 100 based on 5 ratings.