Alvinne Blond Extra - Picobrouwerij Alvinne

Alvinne Blond ExtraAlvinne Blond Extra

Picobrouwerij Alvinne visit their website

Belgian Strong Pale Ale |  7.10% ABV

(Beer added by: wl0307 on 09-01-2005)
ygtbsm94

3.5/5  rDev -3.8%

01-29-2012 06:46:41 | More by ygtbsm94
adamette

2.85/5  rDev -21.7%

Review from notes taken while I enjoyed this beer on tap at The Bavarian Lodge in Lisle, IL with (among others) my two brothers-in-law Steven and Mat August 21st, 2010. Mat lives within minutes of this place and we enjoy visiting there when I am in town. Poured into a Bavarian Lodge logo'd tulip glass.

A Cloudy blonde body under a meringue white head with fair lacing. 4.0

S Unfortunately, this beer reminded me of the smell of a urinal disinfectant "cake." I don't know if it was the tart hops combined with the heat of alcohol or what but I got a vivid mental image of that urinal cake when I smelled it. It was not overwhelming but I am not impressed with the smell of this beer. 2.0

T I know, I know, you are thinking "Why did you drink something that smelled like a urinal disinfectant "cake?" The reason is that I have experienced many times that smells can be (on rare occasions) deceiving. The taste is of a slightly bitter Belgian IPA, rather basic and I kind of had to "hold my nose" by not inhaling during sips to avoid smelling it. I will rate on taste alone. 3.0

M Fair with a mostly thin feel with a bit of bitter roughness. 3.0

D I was glad to have tried this beer but I am not sure about seeking it out again. 3.0

08-30-2010 02:27:02 | More by adamette
paterlodie

4.1/5  rDev +12.6%

Bottled jul 05. Nice and very well lasting white head and beautifull golden beer with some big particles on bottom of glass and lots of haze in the beer. Nose is fresh being very hoppy with fresh citrussy carracter. Next to that good and fresh malty bdoy, some alcohol and litle yestesters giving it a very fresh nose. Taste is fine too, dry and matled bitter. Bitterness high for a belgium beer but fitting to the dry and straw like malted brew. yes this is something worth seeking out and a fine brew. High carbonisation with it make it a good mouthfeel. Nice dryhopping though not as delicate as some US or English brews but still fine achiefment. Good and quiet easy drinkable.

10-23-2005 19:57:16 | More by paterlodie
wl0307

United Kingdom (England)

4.13/5  rDev +13.5%

Got this bottle from the Beer Circus, East Croydon, London. Vintage 2003, the BOTTELDATUM is April 05... suppose it has expired for five months?? On the beer label it specifies "blond extra" and "dryhopping", giving me a rough idea about what this beer might taste like...

A: in a tulip-shaped big wine glass, it pours a hazy, dark yellowish honey colour, with a foamy beer head quickly settling down, leaving fine and uneven lacing.
S: extremely perfumy (with a touch of muscat!!) and malty, with sweet green-bean paste, figs, profoundly sweetish citric hop aroma and a quite strong alcoholic smell at the back--very nice, yet a bit too powerful for me.
T: lots of lightly sweet citric-hop flavour pours in at first, quite different from much more malty Belgian pale ales; immediately followed by a smooth palate of semi-sweet malts, lightly yeasty and spicy flavour and a mixed fruity (peach and mildly grapefruit) body at the back; increasingly dry and slightly peppery+zesty bitter in the reasonably lingering finish.
M&D: the mouthfeel is satisfying, from initially smooth to intensifying, dryish palate in the end, while the texture is slightly flat, alas. This ale smells very Belgian but ends up tasting like a hybrid of American pale ale and Belgian pale ale. Extremely drinkable and thirst-quenching for a strong beer!

09-01-2005 01:14:34 | More by wl0307
Alvinne Blond Extra from Picobrouwerij Alvinne
- out of 100 based on 4 ratings.