Mirror Pond Pale Ale - Deschutes Brewery

Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 09-04-2001

Alc. by Vol.: 5.0%
IBUs: 40

170 calories per 12 oz serving
Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Mirror Pond Pale Ale Alström Bros
3.87/5  rDev -0.8%

237 reviews as of this writing. I liked this beer. I decided to match it up with a spicy taco salad for dinner and I was quite happy with the results. West coast inspired, balanced and quite quaffable. Sent my way by a kind BA. I would have this again.

3.51/5  rDev -10%

On tap, from notes

Orange-red with a frothy 1f head. Smell is smooth grains and malt; hint of earthy hops. Taste is smooth grain malt biscuit white bread. The hops are floral and earthy and very much in the background. Feel is excellent, crispy, smooth, well carbonated. No astringency or cloying.

Well balanced, easy to drink. Would be a fantastic introduction into craft brews, but it's not up to par with some of the better pales I've had.

4.13/5  rDev +5.9%

Thanks to Scoobydank
for this snack I really appreciated it. This brew was poured into a strait pint glass and it had a nice white head that left a great lace as I drank it. The body of the brew was a clear amber in color.

The brew was nice and hop forward with a light sweet malt backbone. Great aromas of pine and citrus fruits filled my nose. The flavor was very similar to the aromas this was a great pale balanced leaning slightly to the bitter. It was light and crisp in my mouth.

I really liked this brew and the bottle when way to fast for me I would gladly by more of this brew if I could.

4.5/5  rDev +15.4%

This, along with Deschutes' Black Butte Porter, was one of my first craft brews. It definitely brought me into the world of better beer and I've been craving another one for a long time. I needed to try it again since I'm heading back home on the East Coast and Deschutes only distributes on the West Coast.
A - Such a vibrant, haze, dark orange color w/ a fluffy, soft white head.
S - Wow, hops and fruit explode in your nose with the first whiff. Some bready, caramel scents come through as well. Very inviting...
T - Just as I remember it. Very balanced and full of flavor. The hops and bread-like malts are the prevailing flavors, but ripe, summer fruits show in the finish.
M/D - The hops are subtle enough to where this is very enjoyable and not overly dry or hoppy. The carbonation is very smooth as well. I love the balance of hops, fruit, and malt, and every sip reminds me of why this is one of my favorite Pale Ales. Some PA's can get tiring after a pint or two, but this one keeps you intrigued. I wish Deschutes would distribute back East, but I understand why they stay on the West Coast right now.

3.25/5  rDev -16.7%

4.1/5  rDev +5.1%

16oz pour at a little sports bar in Caesar's Palace, served in a bubbled ping glass. reviewed from notes i randomly found.

A - dark gold in color, sticky and frothy off-white foam about half an inch in height. leaves a thin layer of spotty lace behind.

S - assertive but not overdone piney and grassy hops, lightly toasted caramel malt underneath.

T - starts off grassy before turning into slightly sweet and floral hops, balanced nicely by a sweet caramel and lightly bready malt. a little sweeter than i expected but pulled off nicely.

M - medium bodied for the style, carbonation is within normal limits. refreshing and leaves a light lingering bitterness.

D - a very solid APA, one i would love to drink if it were available here. another great beer from Deschutes.

4.29/5  rDev +10%

Served on tap into a shaker glass at Track Town Pizza

A- Poured a reddish-amber color, pretty hazy, small frothy head that left no lace

S- Bog aroma of sweet grapefruit, pineapple, tropical notes, and big sweet caramel maltiness. Big fruity and sweet aroma

T- Lots of caramel sweetness, sweet grapefruit, tropical notes, breadiness, and leaves some nice lingering bitterness

M- Smooth, medium body, finishes dry, very drinkable

O- This is what you want a pale ale to be, very balanced malt and hop character. Lots of flavorful malt and fruity hops. I could see myself getting some six packs of this.

3.92/5  rDev +0.5%

Good foam to the head when poured into your glass. The aroma promises a nice hoppy spiceyness. The tastey hop strength in the flavor might be more than some people would expect from a pale ale. But is just what I would expect from a west coast beer. A tasty easy drinking pale ale with a good hop precence.

Mirror Pond Pale Ale from Deschutes Brewery