Jubelale - Deschutes Brewery

Available: October to December
Alc. by Vol.: 6.7%
IBUs: 60

216 calories per 12 oz serving

Label artwork changes annually.
Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Jubelale Alström Bros
4.33/5  rDev +10.2%

Served in a medium sized snifter

Appearance: The body is a deep amber brown and thin beige head

Aroma: Red wine, toffee and a bit of booziness. From the aroma, I would have guesses Jubelale to be a bit more alcoholic than it is.

Taste: Very smooth sweet caramel front, bread and toffee middle, and a slight tart bitter finish.

Mouthfeel: Slightly creamy with medium carbonation.

Overall: This is my first winter warmer and I really enjoyed it! I traded for this with SeaSparrow and I'm glad that I did. It makes me excited to crack the Bourbon Barrel Aged Winter Warmer that I also traded from him.

Eis Igian!
Randall

3.75/5  rDev -4.6%

4.38/5  rDev +11.5%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

For the record, I absolutely love the art work on this bottle(2011 vintage).

Poured a translucent mahogany with 1.5 fingers of frothy cream colored head. Pretty solid retention with some nice legs.

The aroma I get is caramel malt with some nice spices and cherries.

Taste followed the nose but with some subtle pine hops mixed in. Great fruity caramel malt and just the right amount of spice.

Mouthfeel to me was spot on. Medium bodied with an ample amount of carbonation. This was the icing on the cake for me.

Overall, this was an excellent winter warmer in my opinion. I picked this up as a single and now I can't wait to grab a 6 pack next time I get a chance.

3.75/5  rDev -4.6%

Poured into my Pizza Port pint glass. A dark rusty red color. Very small carbonation bubbles lead to a two finger head that is tan in color and creamy in appearance. Lace is very sticky.

Smell is of roasted malts, coffee and chocolate are in the forefront, with some spiciness and perfume aromas.

Taste is much like the nose. The roasted flavors of a base porter with some mulled spice notes. Cinnamon, clove, nutmeg, orange peel and ginger. Quite fantastic.

Mouth is smooth to silky with creamy carbonation. Body is medium to balanced and the finish is average and a bit dry.

Overall I have enjoyed this for years. This years version seems a bit more on the aggressive side, but amazing. You may have friends that enjoy mulled cider or mulled wine to celebrate the holidays. Introduce them to this as a beer substitute for the same flavors or idea and maybe we can claim another soul to the craft beer revolution. A must try for the holidays.

4.5/5  rDev +14.5%

Poured from a 12 oz bottle into a pint glass best by date of 4/24/12. This pours a nice brown color with a tan head which has a nice retention and leaves a little lacing. This smells of toffee, roasted malts, caramel and roasted malts. The feel is medium to thick. The taste is excellent, way way better than the winter warmer I had last week, this is one of my favorite Deschutes beers, it has the toffee and caramel with a nice roasted malt and bitter hop finish, great beer.

4.25/5  rDev +8.1%