Malheur Wild Ale - Deschutes Brewery

to view more.
Ratings: 1 | Reviews: 1
4.62/5  rDev n/a

Malheur Wild Ale
A deep rich sour blend of St. Abe, a Belgian specialty ale, and Black Butte Porter. Aged 14 months in oak and soured with two strains of Brettanomyces and Lactobacillus this beer also offers Flavors from pomegranate and cherry.
IBUs 35 | Alcohol by Vol. 7%

A - Served in Snifter at the Bend Brewpub on 3-8-12. A dark cherry red to black color with no head at all.

S - Dark ripe fruit with a nice sour funk. Very complex. I tried to warm it as much as I could to let the layers come out, but it was so good That I couldn't wait.

T - Again nice dark ripe fruit, funk, cherry, and some other sweetness that I was told was pomegranate.

D - Funky and sour, like it should be. Very little carbonation but a nice medium body.

O - The highlight of the night for me. This made the whole trip worth it, and I got to introduce and old timer to Sour Beer. I was told that if I liked this, then I would really like the next edition of The Dissident. I can't Wait.

to view more.
Malheur Wild Ale from Deschutes Brewery
- out of 100 based on 1 ratings.