Old Hat Pontoon IPA - Old Hat Brewery & Grill

1 Rating

pDev: 0%
Old Hat Brewery & Grill visit their website

American IPA |  ABV ?

(Beer added by: minterro on 06-27-2011)
Reviews by the Alström Bros:

None found.

2.38/5  rDev 0%

To be clear I'm not 100% sure about this beers availability.
From notes at Kalamazoo Beer exchange.

A: the beer is an opaque hazy dark orange-red, a bit of off-white head that quickly fades to nothing but a ring.

S: fruity (bananas), a bit grassy and earthy, citrus

T: not hoppy. It’s fruity and has a little bit of a bitter after taste. There just isn’t much going on in this beer. I understand that your not suppose to directly bash beers and I think there is good qualities about this beer, but unfortunately taste isn’t one of those good qualities.
M: light to medium bodied, medium carbonation

O: I guess you could refer to this beer as unique but calling it an IPA is just weird. It doesn’t taste like an IPA so if that’s what they were going for then mission accomplished. Outside of the fact that is doesn't taste like an IPA its just doesn’t have much taste... its plain and frankly disappointing. This beer made me not want to try to other beers they had to offer. If it wasn’t clear... I unfortunately didn’t enjoy this beer and I hate for this to be their first rating on the website... but I call 'em as I see 'em.

minterro, Jun 27, 2011
Old Hat Pontoon IPA from Old Hat Brewery & Grill
- out of 100 based on 1 ratings.