Moinette Blond - Brasserie Dupont sprl

Moinette BlondMoinette Blond

Brasserie Dupont sprl visit their website

Belgian Strong Pale Ale |  8.50% ABV

(Beer added by: Todd on 10-14-2001)
Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Moinette Blond Alström Bros

MY FAVE OF ALL-TIME !!!

ITS SMOOTH
ITS DELICIOUS
AND
ITS A MUST DRINK FOR ANY BEER LOVER

I probably sell 12 to 15 cases of this a year just by my love for this brew. This was my first belgian ale and it made a massive impression on me from the very first sip. I remember about half way through the bottle I commented to my friend that this was the best beer I've ever tasted even though I'd probably only had a dozen beers under my belt. Now that I've sample well over 300 beers this is still the ONE !!!

On tap at double windsor in brooklyn for saison night.

Pours an amazing looking cloudy gold with a good sized white head for the abv

Smells of fruity hops upfront some bananna

Taste is nice and hoppy upfront that smooths out to a brilliant spiced honey

Mouthfeel is light and pretty highly carbonated

Overall amazing strong saison easily the star of the night

4.9/5  rDev +16.7%

750ml. A 2005 vintage. Looks just drop dead gorgeous. Very effervescent, clear almost backlit gold with a dense creamy pure white head. Great citrus smell, with oranges, apricots, and a woody background. Wonderfully smooth, malty flavor. The fruit puts in just enough appearance to sex the place up. It has a peppery spice that balances it all out and a crisp finish. Mouthfeel is perfect carbonation and then a silky, buttery texture underneath. Drinkability is wonderful. It is light, balanced, mellow, and delicious. I don't know if this is a strong pale ale or a saison but I know I'm getting more. I love these guys.

4.9/5  rDev +16.7%

Pure wonderment. I had this beer for the first time at the Hopleaf with Drewbage when he was in Chicago. I really enjoyed it then, so I bought a few bottles for home.

The beer pours a hazy golden color with a big rocky white head. What more could you ask for?!?!

The smell is a hoppy, floral, herbal concoction with fresh bread and pepper mixed in. Wow! Slightly skunky as well, but I like that.

Each sip of this beer makes me want another. It tastes like Spring to me. Wonderously crisp, hoppy, and herbal with a slight spicey floral character. It really tastes like Spring feels to me. Wonderful.

Mouthfeel is creamy and smooth. I love the way this feels.

I could open one after another of these incredible beers!

4.85/5  rDev +15.5%

Poured a nice yellowish color into a tulip glass. The head is a nice fluffy white and stays there for quite some time. As it simmers, there is lace all around the glass that stays there until you drink all of the brew. Smell is crisp and a slight banana smell along with malt. Fist taste was breath taking. bananas, malt, very complex but yet incredibility smooth and crisp. very little aftertaste. light feeling in the mouth, one cannot help but continually drinking this and wanting more. This beer has made me want more Belgian's, but I don't see how this could be improved on. A must have, in my opinion.

750 ml bottle, temp. around 8° C, in a 350 ml chalice-type glass

A : Potent big white head of wonderfully regularly formed foam, on a slightly hazy golden, tiny-bubbled, body.

S : Candy sugar, toffee, flowers. Subtle but unique.

T : Heaven in a glass ! Citrus, then sugar, then alcohol, perfectly balanced. Palate is awaiting eagerly the next gulp.

M : Light and warm, with a definite bitter finish.

Awesome beer. It is a great aperitif beer, a wonderful companion with mussels or a welsh rabbit. Excellent nightcap. Can turn into a deadly trap if drink without moderation...

4.85/5  rDev +15.5%

Pours a hazy golden color with a magnificently pillowy creamy white head that lasts almost forever and coats the sides of the glass with thick sheets of white lace. An absolutely beautiful beer. Nose is fruity and spicy with notes of clove, pepper, and floral hops. Very aromatic! Medium in body and very, very smooth. Taste is sweet and spicy at first with flavors of fresh fruit, mild banana, juicy orange, coriander, and pepper followed by a raw yeastiness, spicy hops, and a touch of lemon. A phenomenal brew that requires you to savor each sip.

4.83/5  rDev +15%

As much as I like Saison Dupont, I may like the blonde Moinette even more. With its higher 8.5% abv (as opposed to the saison's 6.5%), I view it as a sipping version of the saison. A number of Belgian brewers seem to make a stronger version of their "normal" beer -- Rodenbach and de Koninck come to mind. Similar to the saison in appearance, nose, palate and mouthfeel, Moinette boasts just a little bit more of everything.

4.8/5  rDev +14.3%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 5

2.012 on cork. Had 5/2013.

This was fantastic. A complete surprise, as it came from a friend (a civilian—aka not a beer geek) who received it in a bet a year ago. Style bias perhaps but this was no where on my radar and now I’m mildly obsessed with getting another bottle of it.

This pours a hazy golden with tight white foaming. It has a surprisingly spicy aroma, peppery and floral. There’s almost a muted hop presence with a herbaceous floral note on it. The flavor has more of the spicy characteristic. Really pleasing and terrifically effervescent. I found it ended with the characteristic Dupont yeasty floral notes & rounded finish. I was pleasantly surprised by this.

Don’t be fooled by the “blonde ale” on the label—this is anything but your run of the mill (bland) blonde ale.

4.78/5  rDev +13.8%

On tap at The Olde Forge in Lanesborough,MASS.. Served from the tap in a goblet type belgian glass. Outstanding beer..Taste reminded me of Nilla Wafers (this is an absolute highbrow comparison)..Had to order another just to make sure..Look forward to enjoying this beer again.

4.75/5  rDev +13.1%

A smooth and powerful blond coloured beer. Mild banana and clove in the taste. Dry and crisp with a steady sweetness and raw peppery hop notes (from dry hopping). Delicious.

Moinette Blond from Brasserie Dupont sprl