Saison Dupont - Brasserie Dupont sprl

Saison DupontSaison Dupont

pDev: 11%
Brasserie Dupont sprl visit their website

Saison / Farmhouse Ale |  6.50% ABV

Beer added by: kbub6f on 02-26-2002

Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Saison Dupont Alström Bros

4.25/5  rDev +1.7%

750 ml poured into tulip.

Pours a three finger foamy, luscious, eggy off-white head.

Nose is skunky, farmy, yeasty, and lemony.

This beer is very dry, bitter, and tastes of lemon, pepper, and sweet marmalade.

It's incredibly crisp, quite dry, but very balanced.

Overall very enjoyable to drink - something I will definitely seek out in the future!

4.25/5  rDev +1.7%

750 mL bottle at refrigerator temperature poured into a snifter. Cork reads: 2009.

A - Light orange, slightly hazy body with a rocky, rough head formation.

S - Ginger, orange, green apple, bready yeast, wildflowers, lemon. Lots of bright, sunshiney flavors here. These are well-complemented by a tinge of damp earth, mushrooms, and basement musk.

T - The spices are the most prominent flavor I'm picking up. Ginger, coriander, white pepper, sage, basil. It has a distinct yeasty character as well. There is some hop bitterness, but it is very slight, and often takes a back seat to the fruity and floral qualities of the hop character.

M - Terrifically effervescent, with a full-bodied bready yeast feel that is a nice counterpoint to the bright acidity and electric effervescence.

D - This brew is positively delicious. One of the best widely-available saisons out there. This brew is such a wonderful beer to pair with food - anything from fried food to fresh goat's milk cheese, from risotto to spicy Thai food, this brew has you covered. If you haven't yet tried this brew, do yourself a favor, and crack open a bottle.

4.25/5  rDev +1.7%

I picked up a bottle of Brasserie Dupont's Saison Dupont last week for $4.59 at The Lager Mill. I have been meaning to try this beer ever since I got into Saisons, but since it's a little expensive I always ended up getting something else, but since I passed up so many time I had to give in and give it a try, so let's see how it goes. No visible bottling date. Poured from 11.2oz brown bottle into my Belgian Tulip.

A- The label loos pretty simple and clean, it has a kind of classic look to it. It poured a hazy yellow straw color that took on a darker golden hue when held to the light with three fingers worth of fluffy white head that died down to a thin ring that stayed till the end and left a little patchy lacing behind. This is a good looking Saison, I have no complaints.

S- The aroma starts off with a higher amount of medium sweetness followed by that signature Saison straw and wet hay aroma along with some medium spicy yeast with a little bit of cloves coming through. After that comes the fruits which are some nice tart green apples and little bit of bananas and lemons. towards the end I get some grassy and earthy aromas along with a nice honey aroma. This Saison had a great aroma, it had all the aromas I look for in the style with some extra fruit aromas that I liked.

T- The taste seems to be pretty similar to the aroma and it starts off with a medium amount of sweetness and some grainy and slightly wheaty aromas followed by an earthy and grassy flavor that had some wet hay aspects to it. Next comes some spicy Belgian yeast with clove sticking out the most followed by some fruits with some pear and lemons coming through. On the finish there was a little more grassy flavors followed by a light amount of bitterness with a little tartness to back it up and a sweet and grassy aftertaste, This is a good tasting Saison, it had all the flavors that I look for in the style and was complex while being fairly balanced.

M- Very smooth, clean, crisp, on the lighter side of being medium bodied with a higher amount of carbonation that worked well with this beer. The mouthfeel was very good and right where it should be for the style.

Overall I thought this was a good beer and it was a very good example of the style, it had all the aspects that I look for in the style, everything from the mouthfeel to the taste were just as they should be. This beer had very good drinkability, it was very smooth, with some nice flavors that held my attention, I can see myself drinking a couple of these during the summertime. What I liked the most about this beer was how clean and complex it was, nothing was muddled and there was a good amount going in the aroma and taste. What I liked the least about this beer was the price, I know it's not cheap to import awesome beer from Belgium, but it's a little too pricey for me to buy often, if it was cheaper I could see myself drinking this often in the summertime. I would buy this beer again, but only once in a while, I recommend this beer to just about anyone. All in all I enjoyed this beer and it gave me a good idea as to what a traditional Belgium Saison tastes like, it was pretty good but I have had a couple American Saisons that are just about on the same level. I'll have to be on the look out for more beers from this brewery.

Saison Dupont from Brasserie Dupont sprl