Saison Dupont - Brasserie Dupont sprl

Saison DupontSaison Dupont

Brasserie Dupont sprl visit their website

Saison / Farmhouse Ale |  6.50% ABV

(Beer added by: kbub6f on 02-26-2002)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Saison Dupont Alström Bros

KimenTshom, Jan 28, 2012

Stoutfan23DJ, Jan 09, 2014

jwswigs, Jan 23, 2014

Elfastball7, Dec 12, 2011
1.9/5  rDev -54.7%

As best I can determine, I must have gotten a bad bottle because I was far from impressed. Hardly a fan of saisons, I found this to be an awful experience. The first hint of a problem occurred when the aroma smelled like burnt rubber. With the sense of smell and taste being closely associated, this was not a good start. The initial taste was very tart lemon. It was not just lemon juice, it was as though I was chewing on lemon rind. The aftertaste that followed was a gritty Flintstone vitamins lemon taste. Perhaps another way to explain the feeling would be a textured shandy.

Noting the high praise this saison received, I have trouble fathoming such a bad experience. I could not recommend this saison to another person unless of course I had a better experience with a future bottle. However, I would not buy that bottle with my money.

JohnnyHopps, Aug 21, 2011

ZethOfTheNorth, Feb 24, 2012

steamboatbrewer, Mar 01, 2012

bmmortale, Aug 17, 2013
3.5/5  rDev -16.5%

MLaVioletteJr, May 31, 2014
4.2/5  rDev +0.2%

Had been looking forward to trying, Eulogy of Philly seemed appropriate.

375ml bottle poured into large chalice.

A: Golden/hazy/Belgian. Pillowy head with constant lacing. Nice appearance.

S: Pure sweet fruits with some malt and yeast that matches in the aroma. Banana the most dominant.

T: Both tartness and bitterness. All the malts, fruits, sugars, and floral flavors well balanced. Hops in the aftertaste make an appearance later on. Sour and yeasts are what you are left with- textbook saison to someone like myself that is newer to the style.

M: Thin bodied with a yeast coating. No burn or stickiness.

D: Not my favorite style but have been enjoying more as of late. This one was great with garlic mussels and the perfect match. Easily could have several in a sitting as it doesnt become boring. Summertime would be good for this one.

marcpal, Feb 19, 2008

CurtisD, Jul 30, 2013

pat_usher, Aug 02, 2014

brauseboof, Oct 03, 2013
3.28/5  rDev -21.7%

Bottle shared at a tasting. Poured into snifter.
A: A bright, haze is poured with mild sediment. The head is like an erupting volcano, a dull white in color.
S:The aroma is a typical farmhouse aroma, with a bit of skunk. More notes of gum and candy than skunk.
T/M: Having tried many Saison / Farmhouse ales, I feel this one is very skunky on the taste, I have read of skunked bottles of this, so I will not act as if this is the true sensation of the ale. The notes of taffy and gum are subtle, but very pleasant. A nice silky mouthfeel, but a touch grainy.
D: Not an over the top Saison, but a very good one none the less. I feel I may have gotten a bad bottle, so I am hoping to get another and hope that this skunky taste is a aftermath thought. I will try again and hopefully edit my reveiw. This is how it stands as of now.

GDBEERMAN, Jul 30, 2010

allenson21, Sep 13, 2013
3.75/5  rDev -10.5%

lgmol, Dec 11, 2013
4.08/5  rDev -2.6%

A-Pours a super hazy,golden orange with a firm,pillowy,three-finger,snow white crown that retained an excellent body and finally left consistent islands of lacing on the glass.

S-Sharp yeast driven notes on the nose of white pepper,wet hay,clove and overripe lemon but also bright,fresh stonefruit and musty funk.

T-Super complex and gorgeous.Funky,earthy notes of dried flowers,must and minerals but also white pepper,Meyer lemon,clove and fresh wheat.

M-Great creaminess,slight tartness and perfect lively carbonation.

D-Really superb beer with an amazing level of drinkability.

StlHopHead77, Jan 13, 2011

s1ckboy, Jan 16, 2013
4.35/5  rDev +3.8%

Cork popped and the bubbly rose as this treat entered my wine glass. Cloudy yellow body with a tall lively head. Crisp, dry citrus and spicy fruits with a little puckering effect on the mouth. If I was disappointed that the pub was out of the Fantome I had ordered, that disappointment quickly faded as I took my first sip of this very drinkable and quite affordable brew.

paulys55, Dec 03, 2010