Saison Dupont - Brasserie Dupont sprl

Saison DupontSaison Dupont

Brasserie Dupont sprl visit their website

Saison / Farmhouse Ale |  6.50% ABV

(Beer added by: kbub6f on 02-26-2002)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Saison Dupont Alström Bros

malcolmwarnock, Jan 03, 2014

andypeters, Feb 01, 2014

Dundrin, Mar 09, 2014
2.7/5  rDev -35.6%

sengelha, Aug 24, 2014
4.68/5  rDev +11.7%

From 750 mL bottle into a Saison Dupont tumbler courtesy of Vanberg & Dewulf

Appearance: golden straw color, with HUGE white head. Naturally cloudy. Can't get over how awesome this head is.

Smell: earthy smell. Touch of hops with a slight funkiness.

Taste: Yes please! Nice funkiness from the yeast really compliments the touch of hops flavor. Bitter aftertaste. Much better than the skunked bottle I had a few weeks ago.

Mouthfeel: light with high carbonation

Drinkability: could easily drink this 750 mL by myself. I am sharing with a friend however... I should have been greedy!

honkey, Oct 04, 2010

apmcpm, Jan 27, 2012

askeladden, Jun 24, 2012

Furtanken, Aug 31, 2012

todd101, Oct 21, 2013
4.3/5  rDev +2.6%

A: Pours a hazy amber, with a quickly dissipating head.

S: Bready and earthy yeast, pear, orange peel.

T/M: Nice creamy mouthfeel, with a medium to active carbonation. Taste mirrors a lot of the smell. Bready and earthy yeast flavors, pears and various citrus flavors...pepper. Nice dry hoppy finish.

Drinkability: Fantastic. I can finish off a 750ml bottle very easily, and enjoy every bit of it. The relatively low alcohol makes this a good (although expensive) session brew.

Amazing.

drumline, Feb 06, 2007
4.22/5  rDev +0.7%

It is a sturdy beer with a definite taste that you do not have to guess on. It smells and tastes quite bitter, but if you take the time to enjoy it you will. However, if bitterness is not your thing, then this may be too much bite. It had a great gold color with a thick and foamy head and a noticeable amount of sediment in the bottom of the glass. The taste is similar to a strong hefeweizen.

femmebiere, Feb 27, 2011

Dunes, Feb 12, 2013
3.75/5  rDev -10.5%

ChiCityLo, Apr 04, 2014
4.28/5  rDev +2.1%

Appearance - Hazy and pale golden color. Huge white head that sticks around as you drink.

Smell - Fruit, citrus and otherwise, spice, and earthy tones that give it a particularly refreshing smell.

Taste/Mouthfeel - The spices certainly come through, along with belgian yeast and a really nice balance between the hops and malt. Mouthfeel is really crisp, dry, and clean. Definitely lighter bodied with the perfect amount of carbonation.

Drinkability - On a hot day or otherwise drinking a 750ml of this is not hard. Definitely like it as a beer to transition from summer to fall.

While not as funky as other saisons this will always be up there for me as it was the first saison I ever tried (I can't believe I haven't reviewed it until now) and continue to go back to.

RyWill, Sep 03, 2009
4.38/5  rDev +4.5%
look: 4 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 4.5

Poured in a wine glass.

Appearance: A lovely golden orange with a plentiful head.

Smell: Nice fruity esters in keeping with the style. A beautiful smelling beer, much like that of a white wine,perhaps a Liebfraumilch

Taste: Starts very fruity and ends quite dry. It is easy to see why the Saison style is equated with summer. During summer evening out on the deck, this beer would be quite refreshing.

Mouthfeel: Nice carbonation, clean, light.

Drinkability: This is an exceptionally drinkable beer. I, for one, am glad that the Saison is experiencing a revival.

tjinohio, Mar 20, 2010

jameyclay, May 18, 2012

movingglass, Mar 15, 2012
4.13/5  rDev -1.4%

A straw colored hazy yellow, a bit cloudy. Thick white head that never dissipates past a quarter finger head that clings to the glass in sheets that slide slowly back into the beer

The smell is a grassy funk, not the farm but definitely out in the country, a pastural lemon scent. The smell pours out of the bottle after the cork is pulled and fills the room, literally.

A good astringent citrus. I get a hint of spicyness. The alcohol is not there, it could pass for a juice.

The mouth is a sticky wet bit oh happiness, the carbonation is high and it takes a bit away for me.

Overall the taste left me wanting more. The smell set the stage for something spectacular and it just wasn't all there, it was very good but I smelled something great. my beagle came trotting out of the other room looking for where the smell was coming from. I could open this and just smell it . I'll be buying some more and let it set for a while.

levon15, Apr 21, 2012

Proteusx, Nov 26, 2012

tm1956, Nov 03, 2012

tr9871, Mar 21, 2014

Zachberg, Jul 25, 2014
3.75/5  rDev -10.5%

KVH, Aug 19, 2014
4.13/5  rDev -1.4%

I’d love this farmhouse ale on appearances alone! On popping the champagne cork you get a blast of earthy, hoppy, spicy aromas. It pours our with a beautiful head that looks like meringue. This thick white cloud lasts through the entire drink. The aromas and tastes remind me of black pepper and a fresh plowed field. The color is a deep yellow/orange and has bits of yeast suspended throughout. The flavor starts sweet from the malt and then finishes dry from the hops. It is both refreshing and complex. I call this my “picnic beer.” It compliments almost any dish of food. I did have one once with a tomato soup that didn’t really do anything for me but have it with a ham and strong swiss cheese sandwich! I consider myself a Scottish Ale man but if pressed, I might say that this is the beer I’d pick if I could only have one for the rest of my beer drinking days.

Silenus, Oct 20, 2005