Saison Dupont - Brasserie Dupont sprl

Saison DupontSaison Dupont

pDev: 11%
Brasserie Dupont sprl visit their website

Saison / Farmhouse Ale |  6.50% ABV

(Beer added by: kbub6f on 02-26-2002)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Saison Dupont Alström Bros

comfygoodness, Aug 04, 2014

Sinophile, Oct 19, 2012

pfamiano, Feb 07, 2013

Neog, Apr 27, 2012

konigstiger, Aug 20, 2013
4.6/5  rDev +10%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 5

A hazy orange glass with a nice head. Grass and citrus smells with a hint of funk. Taste is awesomely refreshing with a big hit of lemony, grassy hops and a clean dry finish. Mouthfeel is spot on with a light almost airy feel.

As far as I'm concerned, it is the greatest summer beer ever. Period.

GoNowhere, Jan 14, 2012
3.85/5  rDev -7.9%

A: Off white head - body had the color of a thinned out glass of Ruby Red Grapefruit juice.

S: earthy, Belgian yeast, clove and banana.

T: Bready, yeast, warm spice-pepper.

M: Medium carbonation and mouthfeel.

O: Great beer for a warm summer day.

Prime16, Apr 22, 2011
3.88/5  rDev -7.2%

Poured from a green bottle into my Chimay chalice...

A - Beer pours a huge frothy white head and looks outstanding, is more clear than I recall from previous tastings. Lacing sticks around for awhile and clings to the glass. The last pour did pour a TON of sediment into the glass... but first two were rather perfect.

S - In a word, skunky. I've come to think that they must know when they put this beer in a clear light green bottle that it's going to have a bit of a skunky nose. There really isn't much in the nose of this beer beyond a skunkiness and maybe a touch of honey sweetness. I'm not as put off by a slight skunk to the smell as some... better not be any in the actual taste though!

T - as I suspected/hoped, the taste is herbal and earthy with a honey or apple like sweetness and none of the skunk of the nose in the actual taste of the beer. There is a sweetness but also a lingering tartness to the taste and they balance pretty perfectly. A great session beer in my opinion.. a spiciness and some phenolics from the yeast that are absolutely delightful.

M - Beer starts out fruity and smooth, is REALLY well carbonated, but finishes dry and quickly. The aftertaste that does linger on the palate is fantastic..

O - Well, there's not much to not like here.. minus the skunk in the nose, this is one great saison. Sessionable and probably would go with a ton of food that I like...

alamere, Jul 06, 2011

Nonebiz, Nov 24, 2013
4.25/5  rDev +1.7%

Bcritell45, Jul 30, 2014
4.38/5  rDev +4.8%

Pours a light amber into my tulip, the head is a big billowing cloud of white. Retention is quite good and it leaves a nice lace.

The aroma is intoxicating. It's odd, my first Saison to be honest. Simultaneously earthy, spicy, and fruity. Almost smells champagne like. Quite delicious once I adjusted.

The flavor opens with a fruitiness not unlike what you find in many pale, yeast-dominated Belgians. Pears and apples, not overly sweet, with a definite earthy spice at the end. The finish is quite dry and slightly bitter, with the only malt flavor being the touch of light grain. It's slightly less intense than I expected, but in the end, this is a 6.5% beer, and it's still quite good.

The mouthfeel is wonderful - nice and fluffy, not heavy in the least. With the refreshing flavor, beautiful mouthfeel, and moderate alcohol, I could get in trouble with this one!

My first Saison, and I'm not disappointed in the least. A delicious beer.

BullCityB, Jun 22, 2008

Poured from a 750 ml bottle into a chalice.

As a disclaimer, I haven't had many saisons yet, so I'm not all too familiar with the style. However, with all the type surrounding this beer, I was a little disappointed.

When poured into a glass, the beer is a heavy yellowish orange color, with a pretty damn big head. I wasn't all that impressed with the look of the beer itself, but the head was nice.. thick, and stayed around for a while.

The aroma was fairly mild, though after uncorking the bottle, I caught a whiff, and was intrigued. Vinous, woody, yeast, and a hint of fruit, though I couldn't put my finger on specifics. At first taste, I was a little disappointed though. Reminds me of a hefe than a saison (although as I said earlier, my experience with saisons is limited). A little spiciness, the usual funkiness, a little fruitiness, though I was expect more of a hop profile. Don't get me wrong, I can't really find any real faults with the beer, but I'm having trouble seeing the greatness in it.

89Vision, Aug 21, 2010
4.13/5  rDev -1.2%

Has a massive white billowing head, 3/4 glass full. Very thick looking and rusty, lots of small sediment...makes we want to drink it.

Has a bready, yeasty smell. Some citrus..lemon smell. Some would call a funky smell.

A smorgasboard of flavors: bitter and sour upfront. Lots of bready yeast. Unique and intriguing.

Medium mouthfeel and a little oily and bitter.

Overall this is a very interesting brew and the 1st true Saison I have had. I will definately try it again.

LevitatedEep, Jul 19, 2009
4.6/5  rDev +10%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 5

Pours a hazy golden yellow out of the bottle with a big foamy white head that has has great retention. The aroma is complex with some fruity herbal smells up front and a little funky backend. There is a slight citrus flavor to the VERY effervescent beer. A little lemon and some herbs. Very refreshing and drinkable. I could make this a session beer.

BreworFerment, Jan 17, 2010

zerolux, Dec 25, 2011
1.1/5  rDev -73.7%

750ml green bottle was skunked. While most will hang this on the retailer, Specs in this case, there's absolutely no excuse for brewers to use green glass!!

Naturally, the appearance wasn't affected by the light exposure, but everything else was. Upon first opening, I could tell the beer was bad. There are hints that there was something good in there at one point, but not any more. I finished a half pint and dumped the rest.

Never again!!