Mississippi Mud Black & Tan - Mississippi Brewing Co.

Mississippi Mud Black & TanMississippi Mud Black & Tan

Mississippi Brewing Co.
New York, United States

Black & Tan |  5.00% ABV

(Beer added by: brewdlyhooked13 on 10-15-2001)
View: Beers (2) |  Events
Sort by:  Latest | High | Low | Top Raters
BrianBeers1030

07-10-2014 03:21:47 | More by BrianBeers1030
spazx

04-09-2014 01:29:14 | More by spazx
08Deltadawn8

Georgia

this is the closest bottled black and tan that i have had to the real black and tans done with a spoon. i give it a two thumbs up!!!

perfect color, creamy but also lager type taste. good head on it. best served at room temp!

i also like the bottle, its a pretty cool design and reminds me of the old moonshine bottles. this brew is pretty easily attainable. most package stores that have craft brews will have this.

Serving type: growler

10-12-2012 20:20:54 | More by 08Deltadawn8
MatBigDogPELLI

Carbonations is lame, so when the muds in ya you know we aint drinking no soda pop. FACT. Lets be honest, if I'm at a party and I got a fist full of mud, shes getting laid. You wont catch me sippin the watered down taste of a peat bog type of brew such as busch lite or others. No pansy IPAs eitha, only that real, raw, smooth, the taste of a Mangrove lagune, canoe gliding ontop of a soup of brown and black clouds. It picked me up like a dust storm in eastern Washington and when that sappy nectar finally endured it's last drop, me and my bussdown were thoroughly pleased, and pleasured. By the mud, see when you give yourself to something bigger than you, you fall back into the mud and let the dirt slowly seep over your body and brown out your sight. It's as if you could go to the local WinCo and pick out an untainted 18 year old virgin, fresh out of high school with everything a pimp knew to, out of a line of well past their golden years milfs, pregnant teenage junkies, and overweight soccer moms looking for some love. That is Mississippi Mud my friends, it's as if mother earths loins were split on the rim of your lips and she let out a stream foggy as the winding meander dumping silts and sands carried from foreign lands down to Mississippi Delta.

12-21-2012 07:45:34 | More by MatBigDogPELLI
OzmanBey

12-06-2011 23:19:07 | More by OzmanBey
BeerRaiser

4.78/5  rDev +54.2%

I'm kind of shocked to see such low reviews on this beer. I live in Rhode Island and for some reason we cannot get this beer up here anymore. It's very disappointing to me because this was one of my all time favorite beers! I loved everything about this brew. The taste was awesome, the smell was great, there was no nasty after taste and it had a pretty cool looking little growler! I hope some day we get this back up here. Truly a great beer in my opinion and I miss it.

Serving type: growler

Kentucky

11-27-2012 00:14:57 | More by mwar
smoke68

4.75/5  rDev +53.2%

very smooth, good color, nice looking bottle. It is easy to find at carryout stores in our area. Price is very good @ 2.99 a quart. It is well with-in my price range and very tasty. A dark beer with no heavy after taste. you should give this beer a try if you are into dark or great tasting smooth brew.

07-18-2012 10:01:54 | More by smoke68

09-20-2013 02:34:15 | More by teichsta
doctorjoeyboey

Indiana

4.47/5  rDev +44.2%

The appearance is a beautiful dark amber with a small head. The smell is very nice and solid. The taste is like a like a porter with a sharpness at the end. The mouthfeel is pleasant and the overall experience kind of reminds me of Rogue Dead Guy. I love this beer and may get it again. More likely I will experiment with making my own black & tans.

02-21-2006 07:18:21 | More by doctorjoeyboey
steanu

4.43/5  rDev +42.9%

A-It's got a nice dark tan texture to it. The description on the bottle says it all.

S-It's got a coffee like smell to it. It smells pretty good.

T- It tastes a tad like Bass with a hint of coffee to it. At least to me it had a coffee taste. It's got a nice even taste. It's not too strong and not too weak. It's a happy medium.

M-It feels good when swallowing. It leaves a mild aftertaste but it's a good aftertaste.

D-Well I drank the whole jug w/ no problem and enjoyed myself so that spoke for itself.

Overall, I recommend this beer. If you find it, it's worth having. It goes well when watching a movie too.

05-14-2009 17:22:21 | More by steanu
gunnerr

4.38/5  rDev +41.3%

Ok i saw the reviews, and I am a dark beer drinker, or a brown ale. So when i saw this bottle in the local market, I thought to myself very cool design. Yea the taste afterwards is not to good, it's not a real black n tan. But is a good beer, and when i brought it to a party i was going to alot of people commented on it, some who took a drink said it's ok..and others didnt like but thos ppl where the ones who where drinking Natural Ice beer. I mean wtf..come if i wanted something that came out yellow then i would of.. well you know where i was going with it..But now I dont even see this beer in any market..

03-25-2012 00:30:19 | More by gunnerr
Kevyoung369

4.28/5  rDev +38.1%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

Just had the 1 liter bottle, it has a great taste and for only having 5% ABV it actually feels like a higher content. Good job to those who made a great beer. I would recommend it to all of my friends. I just wish the cost wasn't so high. Other than that keep up the good work and I am looking forward to buying some more of your beer.

08-24-2013 21:56:15 | More by Kevyoung369
sawbones420

4.25/5  rDev +37.1%

I thought this stuff disappeared forever for a while, but I saw it regularly this summer which is a thrill. This is literally my favorite summer beer of all time. Why? because it comes in quarts, is easy as hell to drink, and doesn't look like beer, allowing for public consumption with minimal attention being drawn. Perfect for wiffle ball or disc tossing in the park. The screw on cap is so very key.

I've never in my life poured this in to a glass, and the packaging is opaque, so I couldn't tell you how it really looks. The branding is appealing, so I give it a good rating here.

Smell is the only place this beer suffers. Has an indistinguishably metallic scent. Odd and slightly off-putting, but any hesitations are put to rest after you take your first sip.

The beer is dark but light. The flavor is very satisfying as it crawls to the back of your mouth, covering your whole tongue with delicious flavor. The carbonation has an unexpected spring to it, which gives it its "light" character. A hugely refreshing thirst quencher, I could drink this stuff all day.

I understand the point of a black and tan is the whole layering thing, but I don't put this in the same ballpark as a real B&T. This is a drink so separate to that which you order in an Irish bar, that it confuses me to see it even called black and tan at all, regardless of the purported ingredients. As you can see from my rating, this distinction has no bearing on my love of this beer. It will forever have a place in my heart.

One more thing - This is a great "transition" beer when trying to get swill drinkers to enjoy some better brews.

10-03-2008 02:35:40 | More by sawbones420
Kempski

4.25/5  rDev +37.1%

06-23-2013 10:12:48 | More by Kempski
Mississippi Mud Black & Tan from Mississippi Brewing Co.