Mississippi Mud Black & Tan - Mississippi Brewing Co.

Mississippi Mud Black & TanMississippi Mud Black & Tan

Mississippi Brewing Co.
New York, United States

Black & Tan |  5.00% ABV

(Beer added by: brewdlyhooked13 on 10-15-2001)

BrianBeers1030, Jul 10, 2014

spazx, Apr 09, 2014

this is the closest bottled black and tan that i have had to the real black and tans done with a spoon. i give it a two thumbs up!!!

perfect color, creamy but also lager type taste. good head on it. best served at room temp!

i also like the bottle, its a pretty cool design and reminds me of the old moonshine bottles. this brew is pretty easily attainable. most package stores that have craft brews will have this.

08Deltadawn8, Oct 12, 2012

Carbonations is lame, so when the muds in ya you know we aint drinking no soda pop. FACT. Lets be honest, if I'm at a party and I got a fist full of mud, shes getting laid. You wont catch me sippin the watered down taste of a peat bog type of brew such as busch lite or others. No pansy IPAs eitha, only that real, raw, smooth, the taste of a Mangrove lagune, canoe gliding ontop of a soup of brown and black clouds. It picked me up like a dust storm in eastern Washington and when that sappy nectar finally endured it's last drop, me and my bussdown were thoroughly pleased, and pleasured. By the mud, see when you give yourself to something bigger than you, you fall back into the mud and let the dirt slowly seep over your body and brown out your sight. It's as if you could go to the local WinCo and pick out an untainted 18 year old virgin, fresh out of high school with everything a pimp knew to, out of a line of well past their golden years milfs, pregnant teenage junkies, and overweight soccer moms looking for some love. That is Mississippi Mud my friends, it's as if mother earths loins were split on the rim of your lips and she let out a stream foggy as the winding meander dumping silts and sands carried from foreign lands down to Mississippi Delta.

MatBigDogPELLI, Dec 21, 2012

OzmanBey, Dec 06, 2011

Smathieu86, Aug 10, 2014
4.78/5  rDev +53.7%

I'm kind of shocked to see such low reviews on this beer. I live in Rhode Island and for some reason we cannot get this beer up here anymore. It's very disappointing to me because this was one of my all time favorite beers! I loved everything about this brew. The taste was awesome, the smell was great, there was no nasty after taste and it had a pretty cool looking little growler! I hope some day we get this back up here. Truly a great beer in my opinion and I miss it.

BeerRaiser, Jun 01, 2012

PENISBEER, Jul 13, 2012

chrizyo, May 13, 2013

gleemonger, Mar 29, 2012

mwar, Nov 27, 2012
4.75/5  rDev +52.7%

very smooth, good color, nice looking bottle. It is easy to find at carryout stores in our area. Price is very good @ 2.99 a quart. It is well with-in my price range and very tasty. A dark beer with no heavy after taste. you should give this beer a try if you are into dark or great tasting smooth brew.

smoke68, Jul 18, 2012

TheUpside, Nov 14, 2012

tdowney, Sep 02, 2012

teichsta, Sep 20, 2013
4.47/5  rDev +43.7%

The appearance is a beautiful dark amber with a small head. The smell is very nice and solid. The taste is like a like a porter with a sharpness at the end. The mouthfeel is pleasant and the overall experience kind of reminds me of Rogue Dead Guy. I love this beer and may get it again. More likely I will experiment with making my own black & tans.

doctorjoeyboey, Feb 21, 2006
4.43/5  rDev +42.4%

A-It's got a nice dark tan texture to it. The description on the bottle says it all.

S-It's got a coffee like smell to it. It smells pretty good.

T- It tastes a tad like Bass with a hint of coffee to it. At least to me it had a coffee taste. It's got a nice even taste. It's not too strong and not too weak. It's a happy medium.

M-It feels good when swallowing. It leaves a mild aftertaste but it's a good aftertaste.

D-Well I drank the whole jug w/ no problem and enjoyed myself so that spoke for itself.

Overall, I recommend this beer. If you find it, it's worth having. It goes well when watching a movie too.

steanu, May 14, 2009
4.38/5  rDev +40.8%

Ok i saw the reviews, and I am a dark beer drinker, or a brown ale. So when i saw this bottle in the local market, I thought to myself very cool design. Yea the taste afterwards is not to good, it's not a real black n tan. But is a good beer, and when i brought it to a party i was going to alot of people commented on it, some who took a drink said it's ok..and others didnt like but thos ppl where the ones who where drinking Natural Ice beer. I mean wtf..come if i wanted something that came out yellow then i would of.. well you know where i was going with it..But now I dont even see this beer in any market..

gunnerr, Mar 25, 2012
Mississippi Mud Black & Tan from Mississippi Brewing Co.