Double Blue Eyed Moose - Main Street Brewery / Turoni's Pizza

Double Blue Eyed Moose
No picture uploaded.

Main Street Brewery / Turoni's Pizza visit their website
Indiana, United States

(Beer added by: heysuz on 03-18-2011)
Reviews by Chaney:
2.1/5  rDev -42%

I had this on-tap at the Main Street location during a recent family vacation.

Malt: English Maris Otter; Hops: American Cascade, Fuggles.

A: Not much head on the pour at all, amber in color, and with a slight chill haze.

S: I didn't get much of anything... maybe a bit of melted Astro Pop and a tinge of malt.

T: The booze started to stain the palate after the first sip in a very solvent sort of way. Also, I didn't get much grapefruit sizzle at all which was surprising. Not good.

M: One of the booziest concoctions in recent memory and much more brown sugary than anything. Low carbonation, but who cares....

O: I didn't care for this, however, it occured to me afterwards that if they had billed this as a Barleywine, I might have had a different set of expectation.

Chaney, Sep 05, 2012

gratefuld, Feb 06, 2012

redluvr, Nov 15, 2011

Intro: 64 oz. growler poured into a tulip glass. Shared with a friend.

Appearance: Dark Caramel color with ample tan colored head. Persistent lacing. Overall, a good looking, appealing beer.

Smell: Rich aroma with a blend of several hops, mild malts, and a slightly sweet floral nose.

Taste: Very good. Smooth creamy malts that give way to the crisp hoppy bite at the end.

Mouthfeel: Creamy but clean with a lingering hop bitterness that leaves you wanting more.

Overall: Very enjoyable ale. Goes down smooth and is a very good compliment to a good pizza or Stromboli

Conclusion: I order the Blue Moose every time we go there so when I ordered this time and the waiter asked if we wanted to try the Double Blue Moose, of course I said "Well, hell yeah!!" I hope they keep it around for a while. I've had 4 growlers now and plan to go get 2 more this weekend.

heysuz, Mar 18, 2011

FlussigkeitMut, Apr 30, 2013
Double Blue Eyed Moose from Main Street Brewery / Turoni's Pizza
- out of 100 based on 5 ratings.