Join our email list →

Dogfish Head Craft Brewery
Delaware, United States | website

American IPA | 7.50% ABV

Beer added by: ManekiNeko on 02-06-2004

Blend two Dogfish Head favorites, add maple syrup and carbonate the mixture naturally. What do you get? 75 Minute IPA.

The carbon dioxide trapped during bottle conditioning gives 75 Minute IPA a soft and velvety mouthfeel. Dry-hopped with whole-leaf Cascades, this complex IPA has been known to inspire pilgrimages to our brewpub.
Reviews: 628 | Hads: 3,382
4.13/5  rDev +1%
look: 4 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 4.5

On tap -> pint glass at Dogfish Head Ale House in Falls Church, MD. My buddy and I had dinner and drinks here before the Mike Gordon Band show at the State Theater. This is a rare treat.

A - Crystal clear, light copper. Thin white medium bubbled head. Good sticky lacing and carb streams.

S - Mild piney hop notes, not much more there

T - Much improved over the aroma. Same piney hop notes but with more depth. The bitterness opens up to a mild sweetness through the middle and finished sweet and tart.

M - Medium to medium light bodied. Not much else

O - As stated in some other reviews if you like the 60 Min IPA and enjoy the 90 Min IPA but often steer clear of the 90, this one is perfect for you. This one has all the developed IPA flavors but without the punch of alcohol or heft on the palate. This is a good session-able IPA for me. Though, I have a feeling that this too would sneak up on me even at 7.5%. I'd order again whenever I'm at the Alehouse or at the Rehoboth brew pub.

3.75/5  rDev -8.3%

A-Poured into my DFH snifter glass. 2.5 finger head that stays till the end of the glass. A clear Light amber color.

S-Smells similar to the 60 min., a very floral hoppy aroma with notes of sweet tropical fruits. I'm not picking up any maple syrup in the nose.

T-Opens up with a heavy sweet malty flavor that follows the nose. Then the hops creep in to balance out the sweetness, but are pretty mild. Im struggling to taste any maple syrup though which is a bit of a disappointment.

M-Nice smooth mouthfeel with mild carbonation.

O-A solid beer, but pretty similar to the 60 min., but with a little more malt flavor. Somewhat disappointed that I couldn't taste the maple syrup because I think that would have really elevated this beer to the next level. Would buy again if they offered it as a 4/6 pack option but not worth the 750ml treatment/premium.

3.39/5  rDev -17.1%
look: 4.25 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.25

Pale amber in color and translucent with minimal head and significant lacing.

Aromas of pine and citrus and not much else.

Taste is dominated by pine with some citrus, malt, and subtle sweetness.

Mouthful is medium to light, clean bordering on crisp with dry lingering finish.

Overall it looks and feels good but I was letdown by the maple syrup being so far removed from the flavor profile.

4.08/5  rDev -0.2%

Been wanting to try this for a quite a while being a DFH fan and enjoying the 60 and 90 minute offerings so much.

A - Not that this classifies as appearance too much, but im a big fan of the bottle and label. Poured into a pint glass. Dark golden color, almost clear with little cloudiness at all. Giant bright white head on it that hangs around for the duration of drinking it.

S - Nice Hoppy smell to it as expected with the 90 minute IPA mixed in, small notes of the maple syrup that was added to make it something unique to its own.

T - Solid IPA. really would categorize this closer to the 90 minute than the 60 minute. Some sweet notes and some fruit in there. Very DFH like in tastes with generous hops. Some alcohol warmth to it, but very drinkable and good.

M - well balanced. Just enough carbonation, but very smooth. Typical DFH brew.

O - Definitely would try again. I am rarely if ever let down by DFH and their IPA offerings. I would put this closer to the 90 min but with that small twist of maple added to it. Good Stuff.

3.94/5  rDev -3.7%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4

A hazy yellow-orange beer with medium carbonation and an ephemeral head.

Aroma of pine, grapefruit, mild floral, caramel and maple with a medium intensity for the style.

Flavor is like the aroma, but the maple doesn't add much to the flavor. Mild sweetness and medium bitterness with a medium sustain.

Overall, it's well made IPA that was free of defects. The alcohol was well hidden and the bitterness wasn't too extreme. Enjoyable.

3.28/5  rDev -19.8%

On tap at the Dogfish Head Alehouse in MD.

Deep golden color with a weird head that's solid but weak. Not much lacing on the glass which I expect from an IPA.

Hops, floral, herbal notes. Very powerful but bland.

Nice sweetness on the tongue. Hops and malts don't really mix at all, and the hops don't really mix well as there are like five different profiles competing for top dog. Really weird mouth feel. Nice deep finish.

This is probably the cheapest but most powerful brew that the Alehouse has. A whole pint for 5 bucks of two of the best IPA's mixed. Very drinkable.

4.22/5  rDev +3.2%

Poured from a 750 ml bottle into a dogfish head signature glass...

Pours with a huge, off-white head that lingers, looks great. Lacing sticks to the glass and remains throughout. Beer itself starts out at a hazy orange colour, clears up as it hits it's ideal serving temp, and goes back to hazy orange as it warms to room temp.

Smells citrusy sweet. Can definitely detect the malt backbone and the maple syrup, even with a nose that's hampered by seasonal allergies.

Taste starts off citrusy, turns bitter, and finishes sweet. Lots of nice carmel notes on the finish.

Mouthfeel is great. Carbonation is almost perfect for a bottle conditioned beer.

All in all, a very good beer. Very happy that my beer guy held onto a bottle for me. I think this would age very well - disappointed that I couldn't get a second bottle to test this theory, but not much of the good stuff from DFH makes it to texas...

3.63/5  rDev -11.2%

Poured from a bomber into my DFH signature glass

A- pours a clear dark copper color, nice steady stream of bubbles rise to the surface, a one finger white fluffy head appears on the pour and dissipates after a few minutes, decent lace left on the glass

S- sweet and hoppy, citrus fruits, slightly woody, i'm getting some spices mostly pepper

T- starts light and sweet, moves into a pretty strong hop punch, woodiness, the hops are more grassy than citrus, i feel like the flavor is lacking

M- medium-light body with a silky feel, fairly high carbonation, finishes dry and clean

O- I wasn't impressed with this one, i wish the hops would have brought a little more character to this brew, i'm kinda surprised everyone else rated it so highly, 60 and 90 are much better brews from DFH

3.66/5  rDev -10.5%

Damn! Overpoured into my Kuhnhenn tulip. I'll have to wait till the head goes down...
Here we go, I'm really looking forward to this one. I remember seeing the original label with the Man In Black on it (without the glasses).
Great looking golden-amber hue. Once settled, about a half-finger of head lingers. Has that distintive Dogfish smell to it, a nice balance of citrus hops and maltiness. I do pick up some woody notes, which I assume is the maple syrup. It has a slight, what I'm picking up as, an off-putting vinegar smell. The taste is nicely balanced between hop bitterness and malt backbone, however, I do pick up some small green apple notes. I pick up the maple syrup at the end of the sip, which I think is well done. Not too much to overpower the sweetness. Mouthfeel is on point and well-carbonated. Overall, a good IPA, and I'm glad I finally got the chance to try it. I guess I might have been expecting more though.

4.2/5  rDev +2.7%

Poured from a Bomber into my RR tulip

Appearance: Deep straw-golden color. Hazy with an off white head.

Smell: I smell caramel and slight maple. Then some citrusy grapefruit and orange zest.

Taste: Subtle citrus hops pair well with the maple syrup. I think the syrup is what ties this one together. As it warms, the citrus and alcohol are more prevalent on the back end. I really like how balanced it drinks too.

Mouthfeel: On the heavier side of medium bodied. Very drinkable.

Overall: IMO, a better version of the 60 minute. Not as malty as the 90, and far more complex than the 60. Again, I suspect this is where the syrup is the difference maker. Highly recommend and it is also reasonably priced at $7 a bomber--though this is pretty hard to find in ATL.

HAd At the BBC in Plymouth MA,

I was so excited to have been a part of the event. The beer was awesome.

Poured a nice orangeish amber with a nice thick head, rocky ans off white. Big ups to the bartender for the pour.

Smell was all hops with a light sweetness.

Taste was straight dry hopping. Piney upfront and mellowing to more of a citrus finish. The sweetness of the malt was in the middle. I love cask and love the dry hops.

This was the first cask offering I have ever had from Dogfish. I hope it isn't the last. This brew reminded me of the 90 min. with the randal. This was maybe a little smoother.

4.84/5  rDev +18.3%

The difference between tasting this beer poured from the cask and drinking it from a bottle is akin to the difference between the minor and the major leagues.

From the cask this beer has the perfect aroma of citrus and hops.

The greatest thing is how it feels. It is dangerous drink since it feels creamy and pleasurable, like a tall glass of chocolate milk.

3.53/5  rDev -13.7%
look: 4 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Poured a medium golden amber that was very minimally translucent and appeared to be totally filtered. Produced a large, froathy, inconsistently dense laced head that remained for a considerably long period of time. The smells are not overly robust with hoppy explosiveness. They are darker hop smells along the pine side. The maple syrup 'bottle-conditioning' is not very detectable. This one might have a little age to it. Malts are noticeable. It seems as though it should be heavier than 7.50 abv. The mouthfeel has a solid bitterness which is expected from the smells alone. I know these have been around for a bit but I'm first seeing them in Chicago the last few weeks. I want to say it would be better fresher. This one, at least, doesn't compare to 90 Min. Glad I tried it.

Cheers!

4.5/5  rDev +10%

A - The Dogfish Head 75 Minute IPA pours into a chalice a clear gold, with a gigantic off-white head.

S - ...wonderful fresh hop aroma; citrus with a hint of pine.

T - This review is going to be biased because I'm a dry-hop head. The hops dominate, more so than in the 90-minute Dogfish offering, imo. The taste rotates between bitter notes and hints of sweetness; malts instrumental in giving this beer its balance.

M - Marvelous. The body is akin to a "bigger" beer. But, that's okay with me.

O - Terrific brew. Hop heads will love it. Not as strong a dry-hop experience as a SN Torpedo, but reminiscent. It's more balanced than a Torpedo. Simply delicious.

4.42/5  rDev +8.1%

Appearance: light copper color no head

Aroma: very citrus and sweet, reminded me of a fresh grapefruit

Taste: sweet and citrus but the sweet was a fruit taste not from the malt. The taste was so good and unique I really liked the taste

Mouth Feel: I had this on cask so not much carbonation and no head but real easy to sip.

Wow I loved this beer very yummy. I could make this a session beer even tho it has 7.5% abv

Cheers

4.15/5  rDev +1.5%

This IPA had a nice soft citrus taste. It was not extremely hoppy, but the presence of the cascade hops is definitely noticeable. I had Dogfish 60, 90 & 120 minute IPA's and I favor this one the most. Unfortunately, it is very limited. If you enjoy an IPA that is not extremely powerful (ex. imperial IPA), I would recommend drinking this. It's 7.5% ABV. The appearance has a nice golden/orange hue. I was expecting to taste more maple syrup because Dogfish uniquely use this ingredient when they blend the 60 & 90 minute together. However, I did notice a slight sweetness to the beer that I find enjoyable. This beer is limited and I suggest you try tasting it before it is gone. You will not be disappointed.

3.83/5  rDev -6.4%

No "enjoy by" date.
Poured slowly into a standard pint glass.

A: It poured to a thick, dense, cream colored, three-finger head. The color was a light copper to almost golden, and a little cloudy. It was clear enough to see the carbon bubbles raising.

S: The aroma has a touch of sweetness and some light pine hops. The aroma was very mild.

M: It has a medium to heavy body and a lot of carbonation, and it leaves a slick coating.

T: It begins with a hop rush that is earthy with a little pine. It is a big hop taste that is balanced by the molassas sweetness.

O: A pleasantly earthy, piney hop bomb. The molassas keeps the bitterness from going over the top.
This is an interesting take on an IPA. It stands out from a crowded feild. It is bold in the eathyness of the hops and the molassas provides a backbone that is strong enough to offset the hops and stand out on its own because to the sweet molassas flavor.

4.17/5  rDev +2%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

750ml bottle purchased for $9.99 at Wegmans in Downingtown, PA. Bottled on date only listed as "bottled in 2012", and then what looks like a time stamp of 11:50. Not super helpful, but whatever. Pours a moderately hazy light copper color, with strawberry blonde hues when held up to the light. A little over 2 fingers of bright white head hangs around for a while before receding to a cap and leaves nice patches of lace.

A lot of dank, herbal pine in the nose, accompanied by some grapefruit rind, slight pineapple, and some sweet malts. Not really getting any maple syrup in the nose, but still a great smelling IPA.

Some juicy citrus hops greet the palette at first, with mostly grapefruit and grapefruit rind with a little mango, then some sweet caramel malts in the middle of the tongue before finishing off with a nice, healthy dose of piney bitterness that is cut by some faint maple syrup sweetness. A little, almost tart-like pineapple is noticeable in the finish as well. Still not getting as much maple syrup as I'd hoped for, but definitely much more noticeable in the taste than the smell.

Medium bodied with crisp carbonation and a bittering, dry finish. Smooth. The hops linger for a little in the mouth, but aren't overbearing.

This is very, very good stuff here, folks. I would have liked just a tad more maple syrup, but the rest of the beer is a super solid IPA, borderline dIPA territory with the heady hop profile. The more I drink unfiltered IPA's, the more I'm coming to realize that that is where the flavor I want is. Grab it if you can.

4.5/5  rDev +10%

This is one of my favorite IPAs. I tasted this a while back and it was unbelievably good. I will skip the look of the beer and focus on the hop to malt to maple syrup ratio. Sweet, floral, spicy, and rounded out by the maple - it is really something! Citrus hops with floral characteristics meet the toasted malts and are enveloped by maple. Need I say more? The maple syrup is from Sam's father's farm in Mass.

4.45/5  rDev +8.8%

On tap at Dogfish Head Brewings at Eats in Rehobeth. Blended from the tap (3/4 60 Minute, 1/4 90 Minute).

A: Beautiful golden, copper when lifted to the light, color. Head was gone when the beer arrived at my table. Left decent lacing on the glass.

S: Pine with a fresh citrus scent, maybe lemon. Allergies were acting up. Second pint ordered I picked up a hint of grapefruit as well.

T: Pine up front being taken over by fresh lemon and grapefruit. There is a nice spicy character early on as well. A hint of caramel on the end, just enough to balance the bitter bite up front. The freshness of this beer is obvious, and amazing. This is the best of both worlds! (60 & 90) During my second pint I also picked up a bit of grapefruit.

M: Good carbonation, light bodied, and there is a minimal stickiness/oiliness from the hops.

D: This is, hands down, one of my favorite I.P.A.'s.

4.2/5  rDev +2.7%

A- golden, bronze color, a bit cloudy

S - mellow citrusy hop aroma

T - bittersweet, not overly hoppy, the maple seems to cut the bitternesss some

M - effervescent pour, but buttery when drinking.

O - a solid IPA, very drinkable. not obnoxiously hoppy yet definitely makes its presence known

4.4/5  rDev +7.6%

Served on cask at Lord Hobo.

Medium-amber and fairly clear with a thin head of bubbles and then lacing. Moderate carbonation for cask but low for other dispensing methods.

Smells a bit like the typical citrus (grapefruit) and pine but with a bit of the maple character.

On the taste you certainly can sense the sugary maple notes but its not immediately discernible or overpowering. Balanced well with good malt and hop profiles.

I'm not a massive Dogfish fan, but its hard not to follow what they do and this is one I've been looking forward to trying - mostly because I love a good "real ale". This doesn't disappoint! It can be real tough to find a well-excecuted cask beer (it takes a great brewery, great handling, and a great bar). This was done right. Not cold, but certainly not warm. Not fizzy, but not flat. Makes for incredible drinkability and mouthfeel.

3.7/5  rDev -9.5%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Had at the Washington Street Alehouse in Wilmington, poured from a beer engine and served at cask temperature. Aromas muted due to the low level of carbonation (light malt/hop). Hazy dark yellow with a medium head that faded. Hop flavor muted, malt backbone prominent, for an IPA it was balanced (serving from cask really muted the hop character). Perfectly good beer, but not the best for serving on cask IMHO.

4.4/5  rDev +7.6%

Cask drawn - primed with maple syrup
A: golden hue with a little cloudiness
S: nose was solid with a nice hop note
T: lightly hopped ... very surprising and nicely balanced
M: full bodied with a light finish
O: really great beer for a nice night at the bar. Tastes and feels like a session, but far from it ringing in at around 7.5%

4.05/5  rDev -1%

Cask at Blind Tiger.

Amber color with a small head.
Aroma of citrus, pine, maple syrup, sweet malt and wood.
Flavor was very nice, nice hop presence to this, citrus like flavor with a bit of sweetness.
It was very smooth and somewhat creamy. A bit on the sweet side, but nicely balanced, a very nice beer, i would love to have again.

75 Minute IPA from Dogfish Head Craft Brewery