75 Minute IPA - Dogfish Head Brewery

75 Minute IPA75 Minute IPA

Dogfish Head Brewery visit their website
Delaware, United States

Blend two Dogfish Head favorites, add maple syrup and carbonate the mixture naturally. What do you get? 75 Minute IPA.

The carbon dioxide trapped during bottle conditioning gives 75 Minute IPA a soft and velvety mouthfeel. Dry-hopped with whole-leaf Cascades, this complex IPA has been known to inspire pilgrimages to our brewpub.

(Beer added by: ManekiNeko on 02-06-2004)
Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of 75 Minute IPA Alström Bros

4.28/5  rDev +3.6%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.25

Look - copper orange color. Can't see through it, very thick. Constant bubbles. Light foam that went away quick.
Smell - wow, crazy new smell. Hops hops hops. Sweet grapefruit pine smell. From the smell of it u feel like this beer is going to stick to my teeth.
Taste - not what I was expecting after smelling it. First thing I noticed was the sweet maple syrup followed by a earthy rye taste. Has a slight lime with maybe a hint of orange.
Feel - great smooth but thick beer. Like I said with the smell, this beer seems to stick to your teeth, fantastic! Great amount of carbonation, I'd say perfect for the beer.
Overall - nothing like the 60 or 90 minute. This is so much more complex. I really love the beer but I'm sure I'll probably by the 60 and 90 several times before coming back to this only because of the price. Great beer though!

4.75/5  rDev +15%

4.29/5  rDev +3.9%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.25

750ml bottle poured into Spiegelau tulip.

A: Pours clear tangerine-orange with huge, foamy, off-white head that never completely disappears.

S: Grapefruit, orange, and light pine. Sweet.

T: Grapefruit, pine, lime, caramel malt, breadiness, and only lightly bitter. No maple.

M: Medium body with moderate carbonation. Super creamy and gentle feeling.

O: Goes down so easy. I understand this is essentially a blend of 60 and 90 Minute - This is my first Dogfish brew, so I can't make any direct comparisons to those. It's definitely well rounded and is worthy of a try. The only downside I can think of is that the 750ml format is not the most ideal vessel when it comes to $$.

3.98/5  rDev -3.6%

$14.99 750ml bottle. Bottled awhile ago on 2/12/14, poured on 6/25/14. A bit older than I like my IPAs, but we'll see how this turns out.

Appearance: Being bottle conditioned, I thought to pour slowly until the end. Slightly hazy gold color with an insane amount of carbonation in my laser etched glass. Crazy big head like I expected on this one that's a soapy and foamy consistency, which helps to leave a thick wall of lacing. Looks nice, especially with all of that carbonation.

Smell: Interesting and not what I was expecting -- earthy, is my first thought. Apricots, pine, grapefruit, and sort of an autumn leaf aroma as well. Smells a bit "dirty", if you will. Smells a bit familiar to me, but I can't remember what beer it smells like off the top of my head.

Taste/feel: Disappointing first sip for me, but as I went on, I was impressed by the flavor depth. First thing I taste is that almost rye malt, autumn leaf sort of thing. Next I get some citrus fruitiness and spiciness from the hops, and then, sure enough, a combination of the two on the finish with maybe the slightest hint of that maple syrup, but it's very subtle. Slightly bitter, but not as bitter as I was expecting it to be. The added yeast, I feel, helps to make this a completely different beer over simply "60 Minute and 90 Minute combined" more so than the syrup. The feel is silky/creamy, likely from the syrup, but there's also a sharp bit of prickly carbonation as well. Very nice.

Overall, I supppose I can taste the 60 and 90 minute flavors in this beer. There's the brightness from the 60 minute hops, but then the malt profile i associate with 90 minute. The syrup doesn't add a ton in the way of flavor, but it adds a little, and it makes for a great, unique sort of mouthfeel. I'd like to try this beer a bit fresher (my bottle is over four months old), but it's still tasting pretty good regardless. I'm not too sure it's worth $14 a bottle, but it's still a beer worth experiencing. I'd try it again if I saw it on tap or in a fresher bottle.

75 Minute IPA from Dogfish Head Brewery