Midas Touch - Dogfish Head Brewery

good

Dogfish Head Brewery visit their website
Delaware, United States

Herbed / Spiced Beer |  9.00% ABV

This sweet yet dry beer is made with ingredients found in 2,700-year-old drinking vessels from the tomb of King Midas. Somewhere between wine and mead, Midas will please the chardonnay and beer drinker alike.

(Beer added by: purplehops on 10-31-2001)
Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Midas Touch Alström Bros

2.75/5  rDev -26.3%

2.25/5  rDev -39.7%

3.25/5  rDev -12.9%

4.25/5  rDev +13.9%

3.34/5  rDev -10.5%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.25

NOTE: I have a cold. Just throwing that out there.

Served on-tap at Terry's Terrace at a pretty pricey $8.50 a pint.

Appearance: Not much to it -- a pretty light color with basically no head -- lacing is almost completely non-existent, though it's what I expected. Meh.

Smell: I don't usually get much on aroma in most beers (especially out of a shaker pint), so it's hard for me to give specifics, but I really just got a lot of herbal grapes without much else.

Taste/feel: Quite a bit like the smell ... but it's not as nice on the taste buds. Truthfully, an odd beer. Like I said, I DO have a minor cold, but I can still taste mostly fine. It just tastes like grape juice with herbs for the most part. That's just not my bag. I don't get much malt tastes specifically, just a lot of the fruitiness and sweetness. It's drinkable for sure, and the alcohol is COMPLETELY unnoticeable, but I don't think I'd try it again. The feel is solid with a nice carbonation, but it's never harsh, so the beer goes down easily.

Midas Touch is a beer I've been interested in trying, so I'm glad to have had it, but it's just too much for me.. I find that it almost drinks like a high ABV wine cooler. Drinkable, yes, worth the price, hell no. Of course, that's just one guy's opinion. If you're a wine drinker, you'd enjoy this one quite a bit. If you're in the mood for a BEER, then order something else.

3.25/5  rDev -12.9%