Midas Touch - Dogfish Head Brewery

Midas TouchMidas Touch

Dogfish Head Brewery visit their website
Delaware, United States

Herbed / Spiced Beer |  9.00% ABV

This sweet yet dry beer is made with ingredients found in 2,700-year-old drinking vessels from the tomb of King Midas. Somewhere between wine and mead, Midas will please the chardonnay and beer drinker alike.

(Beer added by: purplehops on 10-31-2001)
Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Midas Touch Alström Bros

2.5/5  rDev -33%

2.25/5  rDev -39.7%

3.25/5  rDev -12.9%

3.34/5  rDev -10.5%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.25

NOTE: I have a cold. Just throwing that out there.

Served on-tap at Terry's Terrace at a pretty pricey $8.50 a pint.

Appearance: Not much to it -- a pretty light color with basically no head -- lacing is almost completely non-existent, though it's what I expected. Meh.

Smell: I don't usually get much on aroma in most beers (especially out of a shaker pint), so it's hard for me to give specifics, but I really just got a lot of herbal grapes without much else.

Taste/feel: Quite a bit like the smell ... but it's not as nice on the taste buds. Truthfully, an odd beer. Like I said, I DO have a minor cold, but I can still taste mostly fine. It just tastes like grape juice with herbs for the most part. That's just not my bag. I don't get much malt tastes specifically, just a lot of the fruitiness and sweetness. It's drinkable for sure, and the alcohol is COMPLETELY unnoticeable, but I don't think I'd try it again. The feel is solid with a nice carbonation, but it's never harsh, so the beer goes down easily.

Midas Touch is a beer I've been interested in trying, so I'm glad to have had it, but it's just too much for me.. I find that it almost drinks like a high ABV wine cooler. Drinkable, yes, worth the price, hell no. Of course, that's just one guy's opinion. If you're a wine drinker, you'd enjoy this one quite a bit. If you're in the mood for a BEER, then order something else.

3.25/5  rDev -12.9%

4.36/5  rDev +16.9%

341ml bottle I acquired for $4.25 in Machias, Maine - three hours from where I live, in NB, Canada. Yes, gotta drive that far to get new beer. Another $4.25 or so for duty, so about $8.50 for one 12oz beer. Better be good!

This beer really is like a cross between wine, beer and mead (which I assume tastes a lot like honey. Pours a golden colour (hence the name) with a nice film of white head that sticks around a while. Sweet smell of flowers (assume saffron), really pleasing. A lot of honey on the palate, some grape juice, a bit of booze on the finish, but the 9% is hidden very well. Smooth.

Really impressed with the beer. I've had some bad experiences with Dogfish Head in the past, but this one really surprised me.

Midas Touch from Dogfish Head Brewery