90 Minute IPA - Dogfish Head Brewery

90 Minute IPA90 Minute IPA

Dogfish Head Brewery visit their website
Delaware, United States

Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 11-19-2001

Esquire Magazine calls our 90 Minute IPA "perhaps the best IPA in America." An imperial IPA best savored from a snifter, 90 Minute has a great malt backbone that stands up to the extreme hopping rate.

90 Minute IPA was the first beer we continuously hopped, allowing for a pungent -- but not crushing -- hop flavor.

Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of 90 Minute IPA Alström Bros
Ratings: 14,287 | Reviews: 3,845

Great nose upon opening, complex flavors of hops, with a big caramel malt infused backbone. Smooth bitterless finish for an Imperial IPA. This beer gains complexity as the glass empties. Often a bit sweet yet you salivate for another taste.

I had this incredible brew recommended to me by a friend. I can not keep my mouth shut about how much I enjoyed this beer.

Best IPA I've tasted so far...very easily drinkable not overpowering, not too bitter IMO

On tap= Amazing!!! Favorite beer

My favorite beer - amazing! Thank God for dog fish head

90 Minute is my favorite IPA!

My all time favorite IPA...perfection

If there is a more perfect beer I don't know what it is

My favourite beer. The best. Period.

Surprisingly good IPA and hell of a buzz after just 3 beers.

One of the best beers out therr

Look, I know I just gave this beer a perfect score, but there is a reason. I have had MANY different beers over many years. This is the most beautiful beer I have ever placed in my mouth.

This is a hoppy IPA that doesn't taste hoppy, and I'll tell you why. Because hoppy IPAs bite the back of your tongue on the finish. This beer (which is very different than the 60 minute IPA) has a glorious finish that is round and smooth. It is just so beautiful. It almost makes me want to cry.

I have developed a quick appreciation for this and other high alcohol beers. NOT for the alcohol, but because they share a characteristic that I find beautiful They are like a fine spirit that you sip slowly because it is so elegant.

So, I've given this a perfect score because to this moment I have never had another beer quite as good. You pay through the nose for this, but its worth every penny.

90 min IPA makes up all the qualities an imperial IPA drinker is looking for. 90 Min has the sweet but strong hop flavor that is smooth in your mouth. I love to drink a 90 min with a salmon dinner.

This is the beer that made me love beer. Ipa specifically!!! Love it!! Wish it was ALWAYS available to me. Thanks Dogfish for expanding my palate!

The BEST ,or a beer that is 90 IBU and 9 % ABU its is very smooth. Citrusy, nice.
Very drinkable. Hoppy but not overwhelming. You want super hoppy try Ballantine !
Top 5 on my list, my #1 !!!

One of the greatest tasting ipa that I have had.

BEST IPA I have ever tasted!!!! This brew will knock your socks off...trust me, you will not be disappointed!!!

Fuckin delicious. That's it, that's all.

I'd chose this over the 60 Min IPA. It's a great tasting IPA!

AMAZING ipa...one of my all time favorites but be carefull...theres a reason for them coming in 4 packs

bowwow blub blub. you know it isnt a funny IPA its funny that more IPAs arent as good as this. what a brew! flavor is unique, even in comparison to its 60 minute little brother. I find this IPA to be a fine and wild taste that while so wonderfully bitter, maintains its malt and cool summer basking firehose thirstbusting capacity.

i love this beer!!!!

One of the best IPA's I've ever had in my life.

Excellent

A somewhat floral flavor that I absolutely love. Favorite IPA; similar to Hop Nosh (Uinta Brewery)

Poured into the Golden Chalice handed down from my German ancestor Hans.

Apperance: Hazy sweet pixie dust and fairy butterflies tinkling and dancing through the dark almost syrupy albeit languid fields.

Smell: Pungent, yet tender. These dark waters strangle the nostrils and do not hold back its forceful grasp without kicking and screaming. Every second of this free-wheeling head trip of a scent manages to conjure visions some would call a "carnal desire".

Taste: Freshly mowed grass at dusk on July. The maltiness is present, yet the hoppy nature of this beast tickles an arrangement of compacted symphonies for the expanding palate.

Mouthfeel: Its aural tentacles spread out and engulf the mouth in waves of dark melodic spirals and dissonant fuzz, washing over the palate ebbing and flowing like night tides.

Overall: A true work of art.

90 Minute IPA from Dogfish Head Brewery