Fort - Dogfish Head Brewery

Dogfish Head Brewery visit their website
Delaware, United States

Fruit / Vegetable Beer |  18.00% ABV

ABV varies from 15-18%.

(Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 02-05-2005)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Fort Alström Bros
« first ‹ prev | 901-925 | 926-950 | 951-975  | next › last »
3.98/5  rDev +8.2%

tried on tap. nice amber color, no head at all. sweet, strong aroma of alcohol & cherry. First sip, tastes like whole grain honey mustard, good gourmet mustard! not off putting at all...really unique and interesting. flavor deepened with cherry sweetness & warm finish. good sipping beer. wasnt overwhelming with CHERRY--whihc was a nice surprise. would be great with vanilla ice cream or short bread cookies. bought a bottle to age.

LittleCrayon, Mar 12, 2010
2.15/5  rDev -41.6%

I had high expectations of this beer after the owner of the local beer shop raved about it. She had me totally convinced that this beer would be the best I had ever tasted. She described it as "chocolate covered raspberries".

Not . . . so . . . much. I poured it into a glass. It had a minimal amount of head and was amber and cloudy in color.

The smell was very sweet. It had a hint of raspberry, but that was soon followed by a high alcohol smell. It smelled almost like a raspberry cough syrup.

I've had many a fruit beer in my day and others pull it off exceptionally well with genuine fruit flavors. Even though this one is brewed with raspberries is has a very artificial flavor to it. That coupled with the burn from the high ABV created that cough syrup flavor.

I couldn't get away from the syrupy feel of this beer. It was hard to describe because it wasn't like a thicker beer. It was thick but sugary at the same time.

I'm glad the woman told me she would give me my money back if I didn't like it. I did finish off the bottle, but didn't really enjoy it at all. It was too artificial tasting. It's what I would expect from the cheaper versions of flavored beer.

DawnDebauchery, Jan 19, 2012