Festina Pêche - Dogfish Head Brewery

Delaware, United States

Berliner Weissbier |  4.50% ABV

Availability: Summer

Beer added by: dherling on 02-26-2007

In Festina Peche, since the natural peach sugars are eaten by the yeast, the fruit complexity is woven into both the aroma and the taste of the beer so there is no need to doctor it with woodruff or raspberry syrup. Just open and enjoy!

to view all ratings, reviews and sorting options.
Ratings: 3,796 | Reviews: 1,283

3.75/5  rDev +2.7%

I don't know why this isn't in the fruit-flavoured beer category, but whatever. Either way, it's biggest problem is carbonation. It's way over-carbonated. So over-carbonated that it gets too foamy for the refreshing fruity characters to do their job. It's hard to call foam refreshing. Otherwise, I think it's really great. I'm not often into these kinds of things, but this is decent. For fruit beers, I like Shiner's prickly pear beer better, but this beats the hell out of New Belgium's attempt at frambozen bier. I like how the dry character does not detract from the peachiness and how the peachiness goes well with this sour beer with a slightly biscuity backbone. It's a good alternative to fruit flavoured beers that have more of a sweet, yeasty backbone.

4.25/5  rDev +16.4%

3.73/5  rDev +2.2%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

Finally worked up the bravery to review a beer here, have been stalking this site for months.

This is my first Berliner Weissbier so i didn't know exactly what to expect.

Poured a hazy orangeish yellow color and had a loud fizzing sound that almost startled me. The head was there for a couple seconds and then was completely gone. No lacing at all. Had never seen anything like it so i wasn't sure if there was something wrong with it...but after tasting I don't think so.

Smells tart and fruity. I suppose I can smell peach but it's not the dominant smell.

Tastes tart and fruity as well, sour even. Finishes very refreshingly.

Mouthfeel was light and fairly carbonated.

Maybe not the best choice for my first review since I've never had anything like it, but this is a very interesting beer, will have to try more of the style to get more of a feel for it. Didn't knock me out of my seat however. Perhaps I will try it again next summer because it seems like a very nice summer beer; this was on clearance for the end of the season and had caught my eye a few times before so I figured I'd get it before it's gone.

2.5/5  rDev -31.5%

3.5/5  rDev -4.1%

4.2/5  rDev +15.1%

2.75/5  rDev -24.7%

4.5/5  rDev +23.3%

2.75/5  rDev -24.7%

to view all ratings, reviews and sorting options.
Festina Pêche from Dogfish Head Brewery