Festina Pêche - Dogfish Head Brewery

Delaware, United States

Berliner Weissbier |  4.50% ABV

Availability: Summer

Beer added by: dherling on 02-26-2007

In Festina Peche, since the natural peach sugars are eaten by the yeast, the fruit complexity is woven into both the aroma and the taste of the beer so there is no need to doctor it with woodruff or raspberry syrup. Just open and enjoy!

Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Festina Pêche Alström Bros
Reviews: 1,315 | Hads: 4,091
4.02/5  rDev +10.1%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4.25

I love this brew. Perfect for a hot day. This is one of the few Berliner style brews available to me in a 4 pack. All other options are expensive bombers.

3.88/5  rDev +6.3%
look: 4.25 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4

Lots more peach and tartness than I was expecting. After many Berliners, I guess I wasn't expecting too much from DFH, they don't do a lot of low ABV beers. However, this one is really refreshing and balanced while still hitting the style somewhat.

Will drink again.

4.28/5  rDev +17.3%

Tap to tulip

Nice brew.

Slightly sour, tart, fruity, overwhelmingly peach/stone fruit (in a good way).
Reminiscint of a fuzzy navel wine cooler (my teenage years, I know fuzzy navel). Thin bodies. Nice clean lager-like finish. At 4.5%, very drinkable. Refreshing. Prickly. Appetizing. Definitely worth a try.

2.25/5  rDev -38.4%

Very tardy and almost explodes when it hits your mouth so it does have a nice fizz to it. Also very light, reminds me of a peach cider with a dry finish. Flavor wise, it's sweet and very tardy and I don't pick up too much of the aroma. Not crazy about it but I am glad I tried it.

4.6/5  rDev +26%

I would rate this beer higher if it didn't make me look crazy.
But honestly, what is wrong with this beer?
The answer is nothing. It is exactly what it was intended to be.

Super clean malts. Super clean taste. Bitterness does not exist with this baby.
However, tartness does. And that's what it excels at.
Few beers can I drink as quickly as I can down one of these. Especially in the summer.

All tart peach with no syrup like, garbage sweetness. Just enough sweet to keep you drinking, but the star here is the tart peach flavor.

Does it need to be anything else? No, absolutely not. Insanely addictive. I remember when DFH first came out with this beer, I was worried about how much I would see it on the shelves. Luckily it has become a staple, I see it all the time now, and deservedly so. As I am writing this review I haven't had this beer in over a month, but as soon as I feel consecutive 90+degree days again, I'll be going to it....

4.18/5  rDev +14.5%

Appearance - 4/5
A light yellow color. Not golden or any hints or orange, but truly very yellow. Fairly clear, only a little bit hazy. In some ways it kind of looks like pee (that might be a turn off to some people), but clearly it's not because of the carbonation and head, A little less than medium head rentention. Can see many carbonation bubbles floating to the top. Overall a unique and nice appearance.

Smell - 4/5
Smells like a fruity lager. I think the fruity smell is more peachy, but also that might just be my brain psychologically fooling myself because I know the beer has peach juice it in. Regardless, the smell is nice. I don't think I've smelled a beer quite like this before (and I love novelty).

Taste - 4.5/5
Quite sweet, a definite peach taste to the beer. I really do feel like I am biting into a peach. The beer is quite delicious, if you like fruity beers. At first I was hesitant about the peach, because while I do like the fruit, I typically don't like peach-flavored things. And especially a peach beer, I was skeptical that it would taste good. But I think DFH really pulled this off well. The beer is sweet, but not too sweet. The peach is clearly present, but not overpowering. One complaint I might have is that there is not really a lot of beer taste to this brew. I like fruit beers, but I still like them to taste like beer. This brew is pretty close to the line. Overall great taste though.

Mouthfeel - 3.75/5
Very light in body, although the peach juice adds a bit of syrupyness and this heaviness to the beer. Overall, very smooth. The carbonation is light and subtle, which goes well with the light body and helps make the beer even more smooth. The main complaint I have is that the peachiness make the beer a little syrupy and leaves a bit of syrupy residue in your mouth after drinking.

Overall - 4/5
Overall, I love the taste of this beer. I love how light it is, making it perfect for a summer day. The main complaint I have would be the syrupyness which detracts from the drinking experience, both while drinking, and after drinking, due to the residue. Still, an overall good fruit beer from DFH.

3.63/5  rDev -0.5%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

A - Pours a hazy light yellow with a two-finger foamy white head. The head fades quickly leaving some very light lacing.

S- Faint aroma of wheat, lemon, and peach.

T - The taste starts with a sharp tartness. The tartness rounded out by some lemon and peach. The is some bready malts in the finish.

M - Light bodied with high carbonation. Very crisp and refreshing with a dry finish.

O - A decent Berliner Weiss. I don't pick up much peach in the flavor, but still very refreshing.

3.47/5  rDev -4.9%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.5

355ml Bottle as a gift from Virginia, USA:
I quite enjoyed this one from Dogfish Head, it definitely wasn't the classic that I was hoping for but it had enough going for it to keep things interesting and enjoyable, particularly because I've frequently found Berliner Weisse beers a little too strong and overpowering at times. The beer had a pleasant citrus and peach taste to it that went down relatively easily, particularly after it settled down and opened up some; it's one well worth trying but I'd probably opt for something else over this one if I ever came across it in future.

3.71/5  rDev +1.6%

Festina Pêche brewed by Dogfish Head Brewery, this brew has an ABV of 4.5% This brew pours out a light cloudy yellow color with a small white head. This is an unfiltered brew you can not see though it. The smell is sweet with fruits and spices. The taste is sour with sweetness. This brew is different from any brew I have ever had. This brew is bitter sweet. The mouthfeel is bitter sweet. I like how this brew is different from the rest on the market. Over all I'm giving this brew a 3.75 out 5. Not the best but not the worst. If you are looking for something different try Festina Pêche - Dogfish Head Brewery

3.96/5  rDev +8.5%

Festina Pêche - Dogfish Head Brewery. Poured from the bottle into a glass, this brew'a got no head or lacing, and a light slightly hazy clear golden body.

I smell zero hops, a slight malt kinda scent, and that's about it. Nothing peach in the scent of this brew.

I can detect more of a granny smooth apple taste than peach, but it sorta kinda appears at the very end. Not extremely tart, but yes, as I've scrolled down and skimmed other reviews, I agree with that for sure.

Mouthfeel is clean for the moat part with a slight blast of overall tartness at the end.

Overall a 4 for Festina Pêche - Dogfish Head Brewery. I really enjoyed the diversion of sweet wheat brew for this sour one. I may pick this brew up again.

3.84/5  rDev +5.2%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

Poured a hazy yellow color with a nice thick fluffy white head. The head seemed to last quite a long time and left some very nice lacing to the end. The aroma has a lot of peach up front, with some tartness and wheat notes, and just a touch of yeasty funk. The taste was nice peachy tartness, with just a hint of sweetness in the finish. The mouthfeel was pretty light, but in a very nice way, as it combined with the carbonation to really set the flavors off. Overall, I really like this beer, very refreshing after a workout, and very sessionable. Nice job DFH.

4.25/5  rDev +16.4%

Light, saison-like taste, with subtle hints of fruit, and layered flavors. Beer has a light sour finish. Low alcohol content adds to the beer's high drinkability.

4.25/5  rDev +16.4%

Decided to try this after getting tired of ever hoppier IPA (which I love, but hey, gott go the other way sometimes). I was impressed by the relative lack of sweetness; it is flavorful, and redolent of peaches, but refreshing and tart. has a very clean finish too, and is an attractive orange-yellow. Head is pretty minimal and carbonation pretty high. A very pleasant surprise!

A: yellow. Slight haze. Thin white head. Bubbly.
S: slight acidity. Might have some peach aroma, but I think I am searching too hard.
T: lightly sour. Tart. Refreshing.
M: highly carbonated. Light. Dry. Tart.
O: good sour. I don't pick up on the peach. Crisp. Would definitely buy again.

3.65/5  rDev 0%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Interesting peach weissbeer. Color is very pale and slight;ly cloudy with constant bubbles rising. Aroma is light and peachy. Taste is pretty interesting, lots of carbonation, tart peach and a hint of sweetness. Also, the wheat flavor is there. Overall, very refreshing and tangy.

3.75/5  rDev +2.7%

Poured into a standard pint glass, color is gold, lightly cloudy, head is feint and a ring, no lacing.

aroma is light wheat, touch of sour tart, touch of peach

taste is similar to the aroma as tart flavors are forward, hints of peach and light wheat and biscuit like notes

mouthfeel is crisp and sour, very pleasant and refereshing

3.5/5  rDev -4.1%

Pours a finger of head on cloudy light straw colored body.
The aroma is an airy peach smell.
The taste is tart with a peach sweet middle and end.
The texture is crisp with moderate carbonation.
The taste is great. The aroma is on the light side.

2.5/5  rDev -31.5%

It pours a hazy gold with very little head. It has an interesting and sour aroma of peaches and a hint of apple, overall a weak fruity aroma. The aroma resembled more of a hard cider rather than an ale. There were a few flavors that managed to surface through the overpowering sourness. There was not as much peach flavor as expected but there was a very acidic apple flavor. There were flavors resembling that of a sparkling white wine. Overall, I was not too pleased with this beer but it will please palates fond of sour flavors and hard ciders.

4.3/5  rDev +17.8%

Poured bottle into glass. 4.5 % abv

Appearance- Dull yellow and semi cloudy with a two finger head that dissipates quite fast.

Smell- Strong bready malt aroma with a lot of wheat. Honey like sweetness as well. Mostly wheat.

Taste- A big sugary blast of peach hits the palate along with notes of wheat. The tartness is quite prominent but not overly sour. The sourness lends a citrus like aspect. Fresh peach lingers as an aftertaste in the palate.

Mouthfeel- Light and quite dry, just as this should be.

Overall- A great example of the style. The peach taste was quite flavorful. Nice example of the Berliner Weissbier style. Another stellar seasonal by DFH.

I actually had to throw this beer away. First time that has ever happened. No Peach aroma at all, and so sour it was undrinkable. Maybe i got a bad batch but I am super disappointed.

Sept'14 This time around I find it to be quite refreshing. No syrup taste this time. Just a hint of the peachA bit light even for a Weisse, but since it's in the 80's it's on the money.

On tap at Rattle n Hum, NYC. Found myself swinging at a curve ball here. Having tried a number of summertime peach brews with a favorable impression I had nothing but great expectations fron DFH, but low & behold I was pretty disappointed. Listed as Weisseer I figured there would be a hint of dry or citrus but all I got was a medium body rather bland beer with a syrupy overlay on the tongue More contrived than complex. Neither refreshing nor bright. I'll stick to the North Carolina guys for this style next time.

3.25/5  rDev -11%

Pale golden hued with a fingernail of eggshell white foam. Hazy complexion is present. Perfume sweetness of peaches is a touch too sweet for my nose. The flavor is extremely sweet almost to the point of being cloying. This is like a peach candy. I bet this would be more appealing with a scoop or two of vanilla ice cream. The mouth is slightly sticky and mildly carbonated.

3.76/5  rDev +3%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.75

Pours a very yellow, there's no head at all and lots of bubbles.

The smell is peach and citrus fruits lemon and orange.

The taste is is tangy lemon and peach, very sour and sugary. It tastes like those sour sweets.

The mouthfeel is light and highly carbonated. Suits the style almost soda like.

A good change of pace, refreshing sourness, I liked it enough but at the same time glad I just got a single bottle.

3.17/5  rDev -13.2%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

A: Pours a cloudy yellow color with a nice tiny head at the top that goes away rather quickly, a slight lacing around the glass.

S: Nose has some lemongrass, peach, pine and some honey, a slight sour note in there as well but nothing over the top.

T: Taste is definitely unique, lots of peach taste and citrus taste to go with it, followed by some wheat and lemongrass like the nose, a lot more sour than I expected.

M: Light bodied, a good amount of carbonation, and tart.

O: This was a different type of beer than I am use to , but it wasn't terrible, lots of flavors. A refreshing brew and well balanced as well.

4.32/5  rDev +18.4%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

Very nice, the appearance was a light hazy yellow with a thin fizzy head. The smell was full of peach and sour notes. The taste was full of sour flavors that balanced well with the sweetness from the peach as well as the bitterness from the hops and malt. A nice light mouthfeel finishes the beer off very well. For those who love a bit of sweet and sour.

Festina Pêche from Dogfish Head Brewery