Festina Pêche - Dogfish Head Brewery

Dogfish Head Brewery visit their website
Delaware, United States

Berliner Weissbier |  4.50% ABV

Availability: Summer

In Festina Peche, since the natural peach sugars are eaten by the yeast, the fruit complexity is woven into both the aroma and the taste of the beer so there is no need to doctor it with woodruff or raspberry syrup. Just open and enjoy!

(Beer added by: Todd on 03-05-2007)
Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Festina Pêche Alström Bros

3.75/5  rDev +2.7%

3.08/5  rDev -15.6%

3.6/5  rDev -1.4%

3.75/5  rDev +2.7%

4.15/5  rDev +13.7%

4.4/5  rDev +20.5%

3.5/5  rDev -4.1%

Appearance - 4/5
A light yellow color. Not golden or any hints or orange, but truly very yellow. Fairly clear, only a little bit hazy. In some ways it kind of looks like pee (that might be a turn off to some people), but clearly it's not because of the carbonation and head, A little less than medium head rentention. Can see many carbonation bubbles floating to the top. Overall a unique and nice appearance.

Smell - 4/5
Smells like a fruity lager. I think the fruity smell is more peachy, but also that might just be my brain psychologically fooling myself because I know the beer has peach juice it in. Regardless, the smell is nice. I don't think I've smelled a beer quite like this before (and I love novelty).

Taste - 4.5/5
Quite sweet, a definite peach taste to the beer. I really do feel like I am biting into a peach. The beer is quite delicious, if you like fruity beers. At first I was hesitant about the peach, because while I do like the fruit, I typically don't like peach-flavored things. And especially a peach beer, I was skeptical that it would taste good. But I think DFH really pulled this off well. The beer is sweet, but not too sweet. The peach is clearly present, but not overpowering. One complaint I might have is that there is not really a lot of beer taste to this brew. I like fruit beers, but I still like them to taste like beer. This brew is pretty close to the line. Overall great taste though.

Mouthfeel - 3.75/5
Very light in body, although the peach juice adds a bit of syrupyness and this heaviness to the beer. Overall, very smooth. The carbonation is light and subtle, which goes well with the light body and helps make the beer even more smooth. The main complaint I have is that the peachiness make the beer a little syrupy and leaves a bit of syrupy residue in your mouth after drinking.

Overall - 4/5
Overall, I love the taste of this beer. I love how light it is, making it perfect for a summer day. The main complaint I have would be the syrupyness which detracts from the drinking experience, both while drinking, and after drinking, due to the residue. Still, an overall good fruit beer from DFH.

Weighting: Appearance 15%, Smell 15%, Taste 35%, Mouthfeel 15%, Overall 20%