Sah'tea - Dogfish Head Brewery

Sah'teaSah'tea

Dogfish Head Brewery visit their website
Delaware, United States

Sahti |  9.00% ABV

This Ancient Ale is a modern take on a 9th-century Finnish beer.

The wort for Sah'tea is caramelized over white-hot river rocks, and the beer is fermented with a German weizen yeast. In addition to juniper berries foraged from the Finnish countryside, Sah'tea is flavored with black tea, cardamom, cinnamon, ginger, cloves and black pepper.

The spicing is subtle and balanced, and Sah'tea is a highly-quaffable, truly unique brew with a full mouthfeel.

(Beer added by: DarkerTheBetter on 09-28-2008)
Sort by:  Latest | High | Low | Top Raters
drtth

4.05/5  rDev +4.4%
look: 3.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Poured into a chalice. Glass of cold water on the side to sip from periodically.

Appearance: As poured the beer is a slightly hazy rich golden color with a light orange tinge and a 1/8" white head that disappears quickly, leaving little lacing. Throughout the beer sipping leaves little or no lacing or even speckles of lace.

Smell: The aroma of juniper, tea and spice (coriander, cardamom, and ginger I think) gently fill the nose. There also seems to be some light brown sugar in the background.

Taste: The flavors of this beer are complex and subtle. The beer is slightly sweet with a light caramel flavor and what seems to be a rye backbone that has a honey character and supports and reinforces the chai spices and the juniper. There are no hops detectable and the alcohol is quite well concealed, showing up in its effects rather than in the flavor.

Mouthfeel: The mouth feel is medium bodied and a bit slippery, with very modest prickly carbonation. The finish is medium length and consists pretty much of the chai spices, the lemon grass and the juniper just fading away.

Drinkability: I enjoyed trying this beer but half the bottle was enough for me at one sitting. While I'll not be buying and drinking this on a regular basis, I enjoyed it and I can see serving it at a party to introduce people to the idea that not all beers taste alike. It should be a great conversation starter since it involves a modern twist on an ancient style. Verdict: tasty and drinkable but I'm glad brewing has come a long way since the days when something like this beer would have been the available beverage.

01-01-2010 01:54:57 | More by drtth
prototypic

4.25/5  rDev +9.5%

Sah'tea pours a bright gold color. There's a little haze clouding the scene. Backlighting gives it an orange tint. A modest one finger head sits on top. It's cream colored and dissipates very quickly. Lacing was sticky, but on the light side of the spectrum.

The nose is good. Initially it has a somewhat strong spicy presence. Perhaps that's attributable to the juniper berries or rye. Smells like there's some ginger and nutmeg backing it up. There's a distinct honey scent that smells sweet. It smells surprisingly malty and a little sugary. Alcohol is very well hidden for a 9% beer. This is an interesting smelling beer. Of course, Sahti's an interesting style. Overall, I like it. It smells good.

The flavor tracks the nose pretty well. It is sweet up front and has a strong honey flavor. An array of spices follow. Rye is certainly more prominent in flavor and that's a good thing. It adds quite a bit of pizzazz. Ginger, cinnamon, and even a little clove are noted. The use of juniper berries lends an interesting spicy flavor to the mix. I'm not picking up much in the chai department. I know it's here, but my palate isn't telling me that. Alcohol is blended very well. I'd never guess this is 9%. It finishes sweet and a little spicy. Overall, this is good stuff. Far better than I expected. All of the interesting components work in tandem to produce a really nice overall flavor.

Sah'tea has a medium body that leans thick with a little warming. It's very smooth and creamy. Carbonation is dialed down to just the right level. Dogfish nailed this one. Drinkability is good, bordering on very good. I'm tempted to pull the trigger on the next highest score. It goes down so easy for a big beer and has a lot of flavor. But, it is a unique flavor that I'm not sure I could drink all night. A 750 is just about right.

Dogfish Head really did an impressive job with Sah'tea. This is a very unique style and DFH really got a nice end result with this one. I haven't had many Sahtis, so this is easily the best one I've tried. I really can't complain about much here. Maybe the look's just okay? Bottom line - this is an enjoyable beer. Pick up a bottle if you have the opportunity.

12-27-2009 04:18:16 | More by prototypic
JISurfer

South Carolina

3.9/5  rDev +0.5%

Got this thanks to Sr. Paco.

This is my second Sahti to date. I thought it was a pretty good one. The appearance was a very cloudy straw, with little to no head. Smell was predominately of Chai tea, so I can see where it's used in the brewing. Taste was similar, but also some piney hints on juniper. With a 9% alcohol level, I was expecting some hints of alcohol, but there wasn't any. Def my top Sahti now.

12-25-2009 03:13:15 | More by JISurfer
laituegonflable

Australia

4.05/5  rDev +4.4%
look: 4.5 | smell: 5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 4.5

Thanks again to BA lacqueredmouse for this one.

Pours a yellow-tinged (as in, bright) orange colour, opaque really, with large cloud, some light coming through the bottom. Head is modest but retains well, leaving a thin wispy cloud, and some nice trails of sticky cream-coloured lace. Pretty darn good.

Nose is quite funky with a lot of spice on there. Hints of banana cake are very prominent - sweet, slightly tart, but a really big whiff of nutmeg, ginger and clove. In fact, nutmeg is all over this. It smells like my mother's delicious spice biscuits. Slight capsicain aroma, like really hot chilli funk, at the back. I fucking love this nose. It's full of divergent, complex aromas, all of which I love, and it just makes me want to sit here and sniff all night.

Taste is also very nutmeggy - lots of pleasant, sweet spice, mixed with pleasant banana esters, some light leather, five spice, some clove, anise and maybe some citrus as well lingering behind. But ultimately a big mélange of spice. Lots of sweetness as well, with a slight bite at the back - more tart than bitter - but yeah, it starts sweet and the spice just comes along to complement it. I think it could use more funk, because the sweetness becomes a bit overpowering the more you drink, and makes it a little bit insipid. Fairly good texture in the mouth, although it feels too thin for what it's trying to do.

Very pleasant, but it's too sweet basically, and makes you wish it were more wild and gruff, because that would make it magnificently sexy. It's like making love to Anne Baxter while fantasising about Bette Davis.

12-21-2009 23:08:27 | More by laituegonflable
lacqueredmouse

Australia

4.25/5  rDev +9.5%

Bottle purchased from New Beer Distributors, New York.

Pours a turbid, deep cloudy gold colour, with a filmy head of white foam, that only survives as a thin collar around the edges. Lacing is pretty nice, but I kind of expected an odd brew. The cloudiness is quite extreme, and the body looks pleasantly thick and heavy. Overall, a very pleasant looking brew.

Oh yeah, very odd nose, but I do remember similar spicy notes on the only other Sahti I've had the privilege to taste. Lots of vanilla flower, honey, slight spice of crushed undergrowth, big banana phenols and crushed marrowbone characters, mingling with sweet notes of spiced tea - notes of cardamom and fresh cut fennel. Such a wonderful melange of odd flavours. I love it.

Taste is quite similar, extremely smooth, with the sweet notes of vanilla and banana/clove present on the fore, followed by a striking phenolic bitterness rising out of the back, possibly the juniper, or perhaps the tannic notes of the tea making themselves felt. Overall, it's extremely fresh and clean, smooth and buttery in places, and exceptionally drinkable - rather reminiscent of a good hefe, in fact. Really extremely tasty.

It's hard to rate a style of beer of which I've had (now) a total of two examples. It's exceptionally drinkable and really very, very unique, and I find it hard to separate this from the Nogne O/Dugges collaboration. I think this is probably slightly lighter on the juniper bite.

Otherwise, this is a really drinkable and extremely enjoyable brew, cementing Sahti as a style for me to seek out and enjoy. I only hope the style enjoys more of a revival - it really is a tasty and unique category of beer, and this one is a lovely example.

12-21-2009 09:12:03 | More by lacqueredmouse
RiekerStarBrew

3.55/5  rDev -8.5%

The beer poured from a 750ml into my pint glass displayed a semi-clear orange color with an average white head. It had a sweet, cider-like aroma with spicy hints of cinnamon and nutmeg. No hops were present in the aroma and the malt was light. The flavor of the beer was not unlike a pumpkin-style beer with a body and slickness somewhere in the medium range. Overall, the beer had a spicy/complex characteristic while still remaining approachable. My only disappointment was the beers lack of a spruce/pine note. It could have been more present without being over assertive.

12-20-2009 16:24:21 | More by RiekerStarBrew
gregmoscetti

4.2/5  rDev +8.2%

This beer was yet another surprise from the good guys over at DFH. When i hear the run down on these big beers of theirs, I never even know what to expect out of the bottle let alone from the beer. I split a bottle into two New Belgium Worthy's and watched the show as the carbonation created a sort of spring in the middle of the beer.

Upon tasting, I decided that this was an awesome Biere de garde/mars. The spice character gave it a perfect play of pumpkin pie spice that I associate with NB's biere de mars and LA's Avante Garde. The juniper berry added a pleasant but not over powering sweetness. The mouth feel was light and airy. I could have drank the whole bottle over a lunch of fresh bread, sopressata and tallegio... or maybe just with some homemade vanilla ice cream?

12-16-2009 07:45:07 | More by gregmoscetti
avalon07

South Carolina

4.08/5  rDev +5.2%

A: Poured from a bomber to a pint glass. Had an amber color and a cloudy, hazy consistency. There was a half inch of creamy, long-lasting head and some good lacing.

S: Smelled of spices, a little fruit, hops and a trace of the tea.

T: An interesting flavor. Spices (cinammon, nutmeg, etc.), hops, an odd fruity quality and a pleasant bitterness. Sweet up front, with the tea making an appearance in the finish. Unusual, but eay to drink.

M: A well-carbonated beer with a dry finish. Medium-bodied.

D: This is only the second Sahti I've tried, but I'm getting used to them. The Sah'Tea is another drinkable beer from Dogfish Head.

12-14-2009 13:48:32 | More by avalon07
irishking1977

3.68/5  rDev -5.2%

Unique brew I had to try. In bottle form.

A: Pours a cloudy gold with minimal head and some scant lacing. Considering that this brew was made with black chai tea, I was anticipating that this one would be black or a darker brew. Still, a nice looking beer, anyhow.

S: Scent of chai tea and vanilla. Dogfish Head was right on point with their description of this brew; it smells exactly how it is described on the bottle.

T: Taste follows the scent. Tastes like a cold, carbonated vanilla chai latte. (without the latte part). The black chai tea aspect might be a bit on the strong side, however.

M: Slightly creamy with a mild bitter aftertaste, due to the tea aspect. If this brew was made with natural tea, perhaps they should scale back a bit on that part of it. It seems to dominate the beer.

D: Between both the high ABV and robust tea flavor, this is a sipper for sure. Nonetheless, a good, unique brew that I would probably have again.

12-12-2009 02:16:12 | More by irishking1977
Patrick999

4.03/5  rDev +3.9%

Well, this seems to be a polarizing brew, not surprising for DFH. I'd had this a couple times but in too much of a fleeting sense to give it a proper review.

Poured into a large wine glass, it shows a tawny gold with minor but present foam.

If you drink chai, you have to love the aroma, as earthy, lightly roasted tea comes through clearly on an assorted wave of spices and flavorings....cardamom, cinnamon, vanilla.

I loved the taste of this immediately when I first had it, and I still do now that I have a bottle to leisurely sip on. The chai doesn't seem to show up quite as much on the palate as it did in the nose. Instead, there seems to be quite the cornucopia of pumpkin pie spices....cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, along with some pumpkin itself. A little sweet, but not overly so as some DFH beers can be. Seriously, I think this might be the best pumpkin ale I've ever had. There's also an earth-like flavor that I'd really love to attribute to the hot river rocks with which this was boiled. I don't actually know what effect those rocks had on the taste, if any, but I'd like to imagine that the unique process by which this was brewed is reflected in its unique taste.

The one complaint I have is that I'm not crazy about the aftertaste this leaves, it's kinda sour and rotten. However, this can be remedied by taking another sip.

More full-bodied and not as crisp as the Nogne O Sahti.

Well, I can tell that no matter how it is interpreted, Sahti is a style that I really dig. I shared this bottle with another, but I could put one away on my own without much trouble. Ultimately, I think I prefer the more crisp, herbal Nogne O Sahti, but not entirely to the exclusion of this. I will drink it again.

12-11-2009 15:13:07 | More by Patrick999
Bitterbill

Wyoming

3.4/5  rDev -12.4%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3

Bottle courtesy of TATTORSO. Thanks Jeff!

A light hazy orange golden colour, it gives about an inch of foam and has some nice sticky lacing.

Ok, the smell really is different. I'm getting some spice like cinnamon and nutmeg, grain and what must be the Chai that they speak of, juniper...weird smelling and I'm not sure how to react. If this nose is to the style, I can't knock it. Actually, the more whiffs I take, the more it grows on me.

The taste is honey sweet with a graininess, chai(?), strong spiciness(see smell), some banana flavour....as weird a taste as the smell.

Medium bodied with medium carbonation. Plenty of warming is now sneaking up on me.

Drinkability? I'm totally mixed in my feelings about the smell and taste but one thing is clear to me. This is a unique brew and in its uniqueness, I can't see myself having this one again but I thank Jeff for giving me a chance to try it.

12-09-2009 23:30:32 | More by Bitterbill
jbriggs7036

Maryland

4.58/5  rDev +18%

I absolutley loved this beer. Had a wheat beer appearence and a amazing taste. I thought at first it may be too sweet of a beer, but it was balanced perfectly and the Juniper Berries also added a great twist. Not as off center as you normally would come to think of a Dogfish Head. Nevertheless the 9.0% abv got the job done.

12-04-2009 12:15:17 | More by jbriggs7036
indiapaleale

4.22/5  rDev +8.8%

Pour - golden orange almost peachy in color with a third of an inch of wispy, stark-white foam on top. This is a very clear and clean pour, reminds me of a golden ale.

Aroma - mashed bananas, cloves, ginger, rock candy and some of the warm smell of the chai tea. Its a great mix of sweetness along with some very delicate spiciness.

Taste - sweet, warming and subtle. At first it reminds me of banana bread but then the spices like cloves and allspice come out and as it warms you do get a taste of the tea that is involved. It has some slight fruit flavors and finishes dry and crisp but leaves some sweetness behind.

Overall - The flavors in this beer are really interesting and its definitely one of the more unique offerings from Dogfish Head (of which there are many). Very reminiscent of a Belgian-style Tripel in both appearance and flavor but with some spiciness that is altogether delicious. Definitely one to let warm in your hands as the delicate flavors are amplified with time and temperature.

Would I buy more of it? - I'd like to have another bottle sometime, hopefully they'll brew it again.

12-02-2009 03:33:16 | More by indiapaleale
OnThenIn

4.18/5  rDev +7.7%

Appearance: Finger of white head with a very hazy copper/honey color.

Smell: You could smell the tea and juniper berries, especially as the beer warmed up. There was a clove smell as well and malt sweetness rounded it all out.

Taste: There were spices and a taste of clove that was reminiscent of a hefe. The tea really comes out and the sweet malt that backs it up opens up into a little bit of dark fruit. You can tell the use of juniper and there is a bit of crisp, slightly bitter finish. Pretty complex.

Mouthfeel: Medium bodied with a great deal of carbonation that seemed to work perfectly.

Drinkability: This beer is insanely drinkable with no evidence of the 9% alcohol. I really wish this beer was a great deal cheaper and in 12 oz bottles, because this beer is just too refreshing not to be drunk often. This seems like an imperial hefeweizen with a big infusion of tea and using juniper berries. It turns out to be a very nice combination.

11-28-2009 06:56:46 | More by OnThenIn
cleeze

Maine

2.78/5  rDev -28.4%

I usually love DFH's funky brews but this one was an epic failure for me.

Spicy aroma, with juniper standing out and a little bit of yeast similar to a hefeweizen. The chai tea stands out in the flavor. Reminds me of a chai latte or smoothie. Deffinatly has a malty backbone as well that's almost enjoyable. It's complex, and yet also awkward. Not my cup of teas at all.

11-25-2009 07:14:38 | More by cleeze
BEERchitect

Kentucky

An introduction into Sahti beers gives me the impression of a heavy Hefeweizen but with acidic tartness and chewy texture. This from Dogfish Head seems spiced with a lot of tea-like herbs along with a minty-piney juniper quality.

The beer opens with a hazy canary color, carrying a large protein-rich head that shows great staying power and lacing.

Honey is woven into the sharp aroma of cinnamon, chamomile, corriander, pepper, nutmeg and a lot of other chai/christmas notes. Zesty lemon pepper rides deep in the background.

Flavors of the sweetness and spice swirl about in other flavors of English shortbread cookies and fruity yeast tastes. Pineapples, mangos, lemons, green apples, papayas, and pawpaws make the beer very fruity as well as spicy.

Very heavy and viscous from sip to finish from unresolved proteins and sugars. Finishes with a creamy gulp and long spicy linger of spruce tips and mint. Light acidity plays on the tongue but not enough for complete balance. Gin/juniper flavors return in the aftertaste.

Overall a good beer that is hard to see folling up with another, but with little Sahti experience on which to fall back, I take the juniper/gin-like finish along with protien rich body as givens. But it seems like more tartness (lambic) and less forced spice would have made all the difference between great Sahti's and this.

11-24-2009 03:12:48 | More by BEERchitect
psuimpreza

Russian Federation

4.15/5  rDev +7%

A very unique beer. The brewing process is extremely interesting. Check it out - http://www.dogfish.com/brews-spirits/the-brews/occassional-rarities/sahtea-0.htm

You can definitely smell and taste the rocks. I was lucky enough to find a bottle at spinnerstown hotel. http://www.spinnerstownhotel.com/cwo.php?id=4&id2=&type_id=1

If you are from the Lehigh Valley or Quakertown Area this is a place you must check out.

If you can find a bottle of this beer you must try it.

11-17-2009 20:11:58 | More by psuimpreza
Gmann

3.75/5  rDev -3.4%

Out of a 750ml capped bottle. Pours a thick honey color with a small wispy white head that settled into a very light ring. The aroma is of a light grainy malt, chai, allspice, pepper and honey. Spicy indeed. The taste starts off with a sweet honey flavor, fruity, and a touch of lemon. The spices are more subtle than the aroma. The chai and pepper are there, the allspice seems to fade. Towards the end you can pick up some of the juniper berry. The feel is a bit thick in a syrupy sort of way. There is some tingly carbonation; finishes spicy, sweet, and sticky. I feel that this beer is trying to find its identity. I like most of the spice and herbal notes but the seems to get squashed by the very sweet honey malt. I'd probably prefer to see more of a juniper presence to offset the sweet and spicy.

11-11-2009 03:59:12 | More by Gmann
Overlord

1.45/5  rDev -62.6%

Thanks beerloco! Sometimes, it's delightful to be able to rip into something. I've been too kind of late.

Pours a beautiful orange amber, with a thin white crust that clings to the glass. The attractive appears belies the fact that it is a loathsome substance not fit for a beer lover's consumption.

Smells like rotting medicinal tea, a sickly sweet honeysuckle-ish aroma. Smells like corpses dipped in some sort of treacle substance.

Taste is even worse. Like some sort of witch's herb concoction. Why was this even made? I'd tried to see if I could pick out the various flavors, but it's just an abhorrent, sweet, medicine-chest pile of offal.

Dogfishhead can push the envelope. Sometimes it really works out great, sometimes ... not so much.

Nice mouthfeel though!

11-10-2009 08:20:31 | More by Overlord
jdhilt

New Hampshire

4.13/5  rDev +6.4%

Pours with a one finger white head that fades slowly and leaves some lace. Almost clear pale amber color. Medium carbonation and medium body. Sweet spicy nose. Flavor is a sweet spices, almost like a pumpkin mousse, but if you focus the juniper comes through. Pricey but worth trying even at $13.00 for a 750ml bottle from Tully's Beer and Wine Wells, Me

11-01-2009 23:54:02 | More by jdhilt
Thorpe429

4.35/5  rDev +12.1%

On tap at the Dogfish Alehouse this past summer.

A: Pours a light apricot-yellow with a nice amount of white lacing.

S: Lots of spicing throughout--ginger, nutmeg, a bit a cinnamon. A little bit of herbal tea. Some gin notes.

T: The gin-type notes become more prevalent and there is a honey-like sweetness underlying the above-mentioned spices.

M: Medium-bodied, slightly dry, and well-carbonated.

D: Quite drinkable. This is definitely one of the more drinkable Dogfish "experimental" beers.

10-28-2009 11:26:30 | More by Thorpe429
becktone

4.3/5  rDev +10.8%

From notes 9-13-09

Eye: Wasn't sure to expect when I poured this one but it pours a hazy lemon yellow. Head formation isn't all that great, and retention isn't all that great either. What you'd be calling a head is thin, pretty much bone white, and foamy in appearance. All in all, ok...the color and clarity are fine, but I'd like more from the head.

Nose: Very spicy aroma all around. Almost reminds me of the type of spiciness you get in pumpkin ales, but not as potent or single minded. Also reminds me of apple pie liquors, or wassail. Generally spicy. All the spice has to be from the juniper and the tea. Aroma almost reminds me of maple brown sugar oatmeal as well. Juniper berry doesn't come through like I thought it would, not nearly as strong as it is in gin. Definitely some spicy, piney and sappy aromas but not real overwhelming. All in all a nice complex and deep aroma...I enjoy it, pretty unique and inviting.

Tongue: Pretty interesting on the tongue too. Sweet malt, though its not heavy. Very unique. The whole thing is balanced out by the spiciness of this brew. Juniper really helps to give balance to the maltiness of this. Again, getting some resemblence to maple brown sugar oatmeal...weird but tasty. There is also a piney and woody taste to this that comes through more in the end, a little bit of bark maybe. Quite a good brew. Very good.

Feel and Drinkability: Finish is dry one this one, which compliments the spice in this brew. Body is light with higher levels of carbonation, large bubbles that don't scrub the palate but add to the feel in a positive way. I really don't think that this one could get any better in terms of feel. I don't see this as working quite as well as it does any other way. This is one that I'll have no problem to finishing and would gladly drink again. It'll just be a while. One bottle goes a long way I'm thinking. This isn't a beer that I'd drink all the time but one that would be nice to return to periodically.

10-28-2009 00:09:13 | More by becktone
wesbrownyeah

4.22/5  rDev +8.8%

x2 Dogfish Head Sah'tea... 9% alcohol.

A- Pours a crisp golden fluid with a spritzed clarity that is flawless in constancy. Beautiful active ring remains around glass with massive lacing sticking to walls.

S- Sweet like cider. Also scents of fresh honey and chai tea. Very strong presence of all spice... nutmeg, clove, and cinnimon.

T-M- Metallic front with massive tart sweetness. Fresh taste of juniper berries, chai tea, cinnimon, ginger and cloves upfront. Light but present hop bitterness with small malt backbone. Mouthfeel is great with mild carbonation that tingle the tongue making the tart of the beer smoothly fall back. Leaves a lasting fruity presence on the mouth... almost like wild berries.

D- Very drinkable beer that has a complex flavor to think about as you drink. I'm still thinking... Will buy again...

10-23-2009 02:32:43 | More by wesbrownyeah
nickd717

3.95/5  rDev +1.8%

Bottle shared by either mfielden or Sandstone on BA. Not sure which one to thank, but they both brought some solid brews, so I'll thank both. Poured into Bruery tulip glass. This was pretty solid stuff. DFH can be a bit hit-or-miss with their "traditional ales," but this one was a hit.

A - Pours a brilliant golden color with a small, creamy white head.

S - Aroma is spices, tea, rye, and sweet malt.

T - Flavor is very nice with tea, sweet pale malt, rye, lemon, juniper, coriander, ginger, and other spices, with a fairly herbal character to it. They used ramp leaves in this? That is an interesting ingredient that I never expected to see in a beer. Oh well, crazy or not, it works.

M - A little syrupy on the palate with full body and medium-high carbonation.

D - Better than other DFH traditional ales. This does not get cloying or overspiced.

10-19-2009 16:20:21 | More by nickd717
jjayjaye

4.3/5  rDev +10.8%

Pours an ultra pale golden color, visibly effervescent, with a shallow white head that fades fairly quickly with minimal lacing left behind...looks as if its going to be thin. The smell is complex and aggressive with a strong Chai tea, cinnamon, nutmeg and earthy banana aroma that's quite nice. Full flavored, sweet and spicy, the taste matches the nose pretty well, but instead of banana it tastes more like a meaty pumpkin pie. In that regard, it reminds me somewhat of ST Pumking (this one has more pronounced spice to it). The mouth feel isn't dominated by carbonation. In fact, while on the lighter side of a medium body, it has a creamy smooth texture. The lingering after flavor compliments the feel nicely. This one is a riot to consider and I could easily finish the bottle, but not tonight. The 9% ABV presents a modest warmth on the way down...the affect is a notch or two below distracting. Another successful deviation by Dogfish Head if you ask me.

10-17-2009 18:32:38 | More by jjayjaye