Sah'tea - Dogfish Head Brewery

Sah'teaSah'tea

Dogfish Head Brewery visit their website
Delaware, United States

Sahti |  9.00% ABV

This Ancient Ale is a modern take on a 9th-century Finnish beer.

The wort for Sah'tea is caramelized over white-hot river rocks, and the beer is fermented with a German weizen yeast. In addition to juniper berries foraged from the Finnish countryside, Sah'tea is flavored with black tea, cardamom, cinnamon, ginger, cloves and black pepper.

The spicing is subtle and balanced, and Sah'tea is a highly-quaffable, truly unique brew with a full mouthfeel.

(Beer added by: DarkerTheBetter on 09-28-2008)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Sah'tea Alström Bros
3.05/5  rDev -21.6%

Poured into a tulip, a hazy golden orange with about a finger of head with big, slow bubbles throughout. Didn't leave any lacing.

The smell is dominated by the chai spices, & reminds me a lot of pumpkin beers or some Christmas ales (especially Anchor's) with the nutmeg & cinnamon characters. I notice a little citrus zest as it warms.

The flavor is rich & full of baking spice without being super-sweet. I'm waiting for the juniper, & get just a little in the long aftertaste. For such a warm & wintery smelling/tasting beer, the sensation is awfully sharp & has a prickly & active mouthfeel. Interesting. The booze really creeps up & is warming.

The richness of all the spices is kind of overwhelming, alright in moderation but after a while I feel like I've overindulged on Christmas cookies. This is one of Dogfish Head's big experiments that I applaud without really liking the final result all that much. The chai aspect is the innovation, but dominates the character so much that I'm still left scratching my head as to what sahti might taste like. I don't regret trying it, but can't say I'd drop the money on another bottle.

OneDropSoup, Sep 03, 2009
3.93/5  rDev +1%

Pours a slightly hazy light golden orange color with golden yellow hues when held to a light source. Minimal off-white head that immediately fades away completely.

Aroma reminds me of a wheat beer with a lot of ripe banana and cloves along with slight fruit notes coriander, grape, citrus peel and tea leaves.

Fuller end of medium body with a nice yeasty/ bread presence with a huge spice character. Lots of coriander, cardamon, pepper, lemon zest, and tea leaves. The berry presence is quite subtle, possibly because of the strong spice element. Orange and lemon peel with ripe banana and nice caramel malt balance. The alcohol is pretty well hidden considering the high ABv, making this a pretty drinkable beer, especially considering how unique and complex it is.

corby112, Sep 02, 2009
3.75/5  rDev -3.6%

had it at blue dust in homestead

This was a refreshing change of pace it had subtle hints of juniper berries and a real heavy chi tea taste almost to much to handle at first then mellowed out after drinking a few sips. I feel this beer lived up to the dogfish name.

joevac88, Sep 02, 2009
3.85/5  rDev -1%

750 ml bottle I picked up from Hop City. I believe it ran me about $9 or so. Always willing to try one of Dogfish Head's crazy brews to see what they are up to and what it has to offer. Served up in a DFH shaped pint glass.

A: Pours a decent apple juice looking color that is a combo of yellow, light brown and burnt orange. Held to the light it is more of a golden yellow in color. The has an ever so slight haze to it but you can see through it. Body has a pretty active carbonation going here. The head was about a finger or so of wispy head, but it took some aggression to get that to build. Sadly, the head had no lasting to it, falling and disappearing completely leaving nothing at all on the top cap. Its a bit meh.

S: Interesting, yes . . . interesting. Smell that comes out first is a pretty herbal and spicy waft. Getting some of the juniper, ginger bread, and pepper. Light touch of honey and clove. The chai aroma is there and mingles and mixes well. Nice chai and a touch of milk in here. Maybe just a touch of sweet, almost chocolate aroma. Not what I was really expecting, but a pleasant suprise.

T: First thing I get is that juniper flavor. That is quickly enveloped with a chai and milk flavor. Rich and dark ginger bread is in here big time. A very nice flavor of German Christmas here, yeah Lebkuchen. Definitely Lebkuchen with that light sugar glaze on it. Slightly spicy pepper and clove come out lightly at times. Touch of lemon coming through, possibly from the hops because I am getting just a very light bitterness. The lemon mixes with some of the spices and herbs to create a bit of a medicinal flavor, but a pleasant medicinal flavor. The rye in here is very light to me and just adds enough to bring out a nice earthiness. Just plain good, but absolutely different.

M: Medium in body with a high carbonation. This is where the beer gets a bit strange because the carbonation keeps the beer crisp but the body is almost thick and viscous at times. Light heat that builds gradually as the drinking experience continues. Light bitterness but it is mostly sweet on the palate. Aftertaste is a bit of the chai and ginger.

D: Well, its good but wierd. That wierdness factor brings down the drinkability a bit for me. I struggled with not giving this a 3.0 but my enjoyment in the experience knocked it up a bit for me. The flavors are very nostalgic of christmas in Germany for me and that gets bonus points anytime. Nose is there as well. I dig the herbal, spicy, medicinal combinations but I can absolutely see how people are thrown by it. I enjoyed it.

everetends, Sep 01, 2009
3.88/5  rDev -0.3%

Wow, this is a sweet beer! By sweet, I don't mean awesome, I mean sugary sweet. I was looking forward to trying a new version of Sahti, even if it wasn't a traditional one. Alas, this doesn't taste anywhere near a Sahti. The juniper is completely buried under an avalanche of sweet chai flavors. Taht's too bad, because its the juniper that makes a Sahti taste like a Sahti. The nose is dominated by those same notes. That's not to say I don't like this beer for what it is- which is a sweet, creamy, nicely spiced dessert beer. Very smooth, with creamy black tea notes and typical chai spices, esoecially cardomom. A little too sweet for me, even if this were just a chai beer, I'd like it less sweet. What I'd really like, though, is to taste the juniper.

Georgiabeer, Sep 01, 2009
3.8/5  rDev -2.3%

Thanks to Benanomyces for making this one possible in trade. 750ml.brown magnum style with copper colored DFH cap. It pours a cloudy, yet bright yellow gold with a 1/2" white head that vanished before your eyes. A lively carbonation produces a new white island of head that lasts till the finish.

The nose is exactly that of Chia Tea...no malt, no juniper, hops or alcohol coming out of this one...pure Chai. It's a good thing I like Chai tea.

The flavor starts with a light sweet malt, with just a hint of juniper kicking in. The next thing you know...wham, chopped in the cheeks with Chai, lots of Chai down to the spicy finish. It's not a bad thing, but I would prefer the juniper standing out, rather than the Chai.

A light-medium body with no notice of alcohol in any aspect. Good carbonation throughout lends to the pleasant spicy finish. If you like Chai tea, I can highly recommend this brew...if not, hold on to your tastebuds as they're about to get rocked!

scottoale, Aug 31, 2009
3.85/5  rDev -1%

750 provided by buckeyeboy at inflatablechair's house last night... Huge thanks to both Jeremy and Sam... This is the first sahti that I think I've ever had...

Cloudy orange with a descent head and lace.. foamy eggshell head sticks around for a bit...

I don't really know what to say about the aroma other than it smells exactly like Chai from the Flying M in Boise... I would probably hate it normally, but I really appreciate a nice hot chai from time to time.

Flavor is still the same... mirrors the nose, but with late pours, I think I'm getting some juniper, but I could easily be mistaken... maybe some caramel.. but it gets lost quickly and easily in the spiciness of the chai... lite/medium body and a good carbonation.. no alcohol that I can pick out..

Overall.... I am sooo torn over this one.... certainly one of the most interesting beers I've had in a long time.. and certainly the best "spiced" beers I've had in a long time.. that said, I swear if I didn't already like chai.. this would be a drain-pour for me... thanks Jeremy.... truly appreciated.. another beer that I probably never would have tried to trade for but got to enjoy thanks to the good folks over at RB :-)

JohnGalt1, Aug 31, 2009
4.88/5  rDev +25.4%

Punchline up front: one of the best tasting experiences I've had in a long, long time.

Straw gold in color with a nice, bubbly head. The chai is obvious in the nose, along with some candy sugar, yeast, and light malts.

Chai is big up front, but the more I drink, the more the juniper comes out. Utterly complex, incredibly enjoyable - there's so much going on here, and it's all very, very good.

One of DFH's best experiments of all time.

RockyTopHeel, Aug 31, 2009
3.65/5  rDev -6.2%

This is the first DFH brew to make me go WTF. I mean, seriously, I like off centered stuff and have tons of DFH schwag but this was out there.

Dark golden color, some head retention.

Juniper, allspice, vanilla. definately like a chai. no hint of typical beer notes.

Tastes like a cold chai tea. Maybe a bit of hoppiness on the inital taste but the chai totally takes over afterwards.

I want to warm this up and drink it in front of the fire on a cold night. Does anyone drink hot spiced beer?

nriech, Aug 29, 2009
3.95/5  rDev +1.5%

A - Two fingers of white head on a hazy, golden body. The head sticks around for a while but leaves little lace.

S - Earthy, herbal aroma with a good bit of acidic tartness. Some fruity berry notes and a hint of toasted/ toffee malt.

T - Fairly malty and much milder and less acidic than the aroma would suggest. Some earthy notes blend with turbinado sugar sweetness and an unmistakeable, sweet banana flavor on par with laffy taffy. Mild, wheat tartness underlies the flavor throughout and helps to lift the otherwise heavy and sweet flavor. Finishes with some more indistinct, herbal notes and a bit of welcome acidity.

M - Medium-thick body, moderately low carbonation, and a sweet finish.

D - If I judge this as a sahti, then I am a bit disappointed, but if I judge it as a chai tea beer then it has some potential. I can detect the chai tea character, and it is nice (it saves the beer really), but there is excessive, sticky sweetness and the juniper is missing in action. I actually kind of like this beer, but it doesn't quite live up to the late-night pun/brainstorming session that likely spawned it.

nickfl, Aug 29, 2009
4.18/5  rDev +7.5%

Ah, the Sah'Tea. And it begins.

Poured from a bomber into a pint glass, lets have at it! Golden in color with a white head that fades away to wisps.

The smell is outrageous potpourri. Also included are spices, cinnamon, nutmeg. Then a smell that I can only describe as juniper. Enticing and enchanting.

Not used to Sahti, I will do my best to describe. Sweet honey like flavor up front giving way to an earthy and sweet tone of the juniper. Chai Tea obviously comes to mind to desribe the flavor profile. Leafy honey dipped cigar flavor. Malt body does its best and also has a caramel tone pairs with a residual piney taste.

On the light side of medium bodied and finishes with a lingering sweet juniper/pine dry finish.

This should be a more well known style of brew. I think the masses would like it. I know I did what an interesting, easy drinking, tasty beer.

Stinkypuss, Aug 28, 2009

750 mL bottle

A: Golden yellow under a very small white head. Some spotty lace and OK retention.

S: Very spicey. A bit like a pumpkin beer (with out the pumpkin) or holiday beer (with out the usual caramel like maltiness). Juniper berries, cinnamon, all spice, a certain sweetness and woodiness to the aroma. Very good.

T: A bit more malty and hoppy in the taste. Spice is still there, but doesn't break apart into its individual parts as well as the aroma. Juniper sticks out the most and that is in the finish. Sweet malt up front, mild to medium hop bitterness.

M/D: Medium bodied, a bit fuller than expected, slick, maybe a little oily, carbonation helps with a bit of crispness. Drinkability is decent, alcohol and bigger body than than expected makes this more than a sipper but less than a session beer.

NCSUdo, Aug 28, 2009
3.55/5  rDev -8.7%

750ml bottle. Pours a hazy yellow orange with a small fizzy white head that quickly disappears.

The aroma is lots of spices - ginger, tea, a little fruitiness and some floral notes. Some yeast comes out as it warms.

The flavor is sweet melons and citric fruits with some tea spices (ginger), leading to a bit of bitterness in the finish. The mouthfeel is medium bodied and syrupy with light but sharp carbonation.

Overall, an interesting beer. It is a bit much on the sweet side.

Beaver13, Aug 25, 2009
3.9/5  rDev +0.3%

Appearance: Wasn't sure what to expect with the whole chai tea thing. Light in color, small head that dissipated quickly. Decent

Smell: Can definately smell the chai but little else.

Taste: Very decent. Was not expecting the beer to taste this light and refreshing, almost fuity.

Mouthfeel: Again, not expecting this, more full than anticipated but the chai does not linger as expected.

Drinkability: Can probably only do 1 bottle as it is a 750 bomber but can see myself buying it again.

This is my first rating so maybe not as descriptive as some.
Overall I was fairly impressed with the beer. My wife is a huge tea drinker (as obsessed with tea as I am with beer) so I got it for her. I would buy it again for sure...would be interested to see what it tastes like in a year.

boomer31, Aug 23, 2009
3.83/5  rDev -1.5%

pour is a mild head with a golden color with a soft murky. not as gritty as a would have expected. i could see a bit more earth. there is protein/yeasty residue. spice is nice. chai quality with a fruit both from juniper and hop. decent interaction. a tad syrupy sweet once it got a bit warm... interesting interepreation but a style that is not exactly american scope. hard to say what to detect.

rtepiak, Aug 23, 2009
3.33/5  rDev -14.4%

A solid pour into my 25cl tulip glass released a pronounced juniper spiciness as well as a two-finger thick, pale tan colored head. The head is a bit fizzy and quickly disappears to a thin ring of a head around the edges of my glass. The beer is a light amber color that shows a touch of haze and a gold color when held up to the light. The aroma has lots of juniper character, but underneath this the Chai is quite noticeable with notes of nutmeg, clove and perhaps some woody cardamom. A sweet, honey-like malt sweetness is found in the finish and in fact helps to carry all the spice notes found in the aroma. The spice mix, whether juniper of chai derived, definitely dominates the nose of this beer. If you like the spice mix used you won't find this objectionable and I even find it a bit enjoyable.

Lightly sweet tasting up front, with a viscous heft to it that makes this beer cling a bit to the palate. The beer picks up more sweetness as it rolls across the tongue and the juniper and spices are surprisingly muted when compared to the aroma. Up front the Chai spices are a bit more noticeable, will the Juniper is a touch more noticeable in the finish (though the Chai spices are also in the finish). Up front I get flavors of clove, cinnamon and some spicy cardamom, while the finish has some juniper bite as well as a light turpene driven cardamom spiciness. Sweet honey-like malt flavors and perhaps a hint of cracker-like malt are all that is noticeable of the base grain character. Mixed in with the honey notes is a touch of berry character, which could be contributed by the juniper. The spices in this beer are such that this beer comes off as being somewhat simplistic in its characterization of Chai and juniper.

If you like Chai and juniper, you might enjoy this beer. While I don't mind either of these flavors, it can be just a bit too much at times. This is mostly enjoyable, though there is no way I could finish a pint of this, much less a 750ml bottle of it. Not bad though, and it was certainly worth trying. Ultimately though it serves as another perfect example of why brewers should learn to show restraint when using spices in a beer (I can't believe I said that after the Theobroma I just had where I decry the opposite approach).

Gueuzedude, Aug 23, 2009
3.98/5  rDev +2.3%

On tap at Beer Run, Charlottesville, VA. Served in a 10 oz. nonic.

Appearance: Arrives a deep yellow golden body, with slow, average-sized carbonation. No head sits atop this one when it arrives, with only a thin thin collar of nearly pure white lace and minimal side-lacing (only a few erratic blobs).

Aroma: Smells decently pleasant. Heavy on the citrus - orange and lemon, mainly - along with coriander, other slight spicy notes, and a pleasant, tannic, tea-like note. Not too complex, and a little "heavy," but still very nice.

Taste: Coriander, spicy juniper, cinnamon, and cloves are strong here, interacting with the light, sweet, golden malts to produce notes of honey and a decidedly-graham cracker overtone. No real bitterness, and a handful of light fruits about wrap this one up. Less of a tannic tea-note than was present in the

Mouthfeel: Even, and faintly, mildly fluffy, with about all the right notes that you'd expect from this one.

Drinkability: A perfectly enjoyable and well-crafted beer that manages to hit most of the right notes without hitting any of them out of the park. I'm glad I didn't have to pay $13 for the 750 mL (and, instead, only half that price for about a fifth as much, heh), and could actually see myself having this again - it's decently quaffable and reasonably complex. Another fine "odd ball" brew from DFH.

CrellMoset, Aug 22, 2009
4.33/5  rDev +11.3%

Was curious mostly about the juniper and the chai here. I'm a bit allergic to juniper bushes, cutting the ones in my yard get me red and itchy if I touch them, so a little concerned, but OK so far. I'll update if something happens.

First sip, with no idea what to expect I was greeted with sweetness and cinnamon. Not exactly what I expected. Color is a turbid gold/yellow, much like a Belgian wit. Smells like a winter warmer, nutmeg and cinnamon dominating.

Big flavor, at first cinnamon and nutmeg (like a winter warmer), but a rich thick taste next that dominates the experience. A bit floral, but mostly big and sweet. Unlike anything I've ever had. I could see myself craving this again. Might have to stock up, though it may not be good for cellaring considering how sweet and smooth it already is.

For 8%, very drinkable. That richness of flavor does hinder it a bit. Since it is so interesting, it's going down quickly.

Flavor left in my mouth after resting a bit is very much apple.

dborginis, Aug 22, 2009
3.7/5  rDev -4.9%

A - Murky golden color. Very pure white head that dissipates quickly.

S - Wow. Where to start. Powerful chai smell, that reminds me of pumpkin pie. Lots of spiciness, that seems dominated by cinnamon. Gingerbread smell also. Doesn't smell like any other beer I've smelled. The closest I can think of is perhaps a Pumking.

T - Very interesting. Seems dominated by the chai tea and spiciness.Towards there end there's a banana flavor, almost like banana bread because of the spicy flavor. I can't pull out any juniper berry flavor, but I don't actually know what juniper berries taste like so I'm sure it's actually there, but I don't taste it.

M - Just average. Not very carbonated but slightly bubbly. Feels a little on the thicker side.

D - Very good for a glass or two, but I couldn't drink much beyond that.

This is my first sahti-style beer, so I can't compare it at all to a traditional sahti. I would imagine that this tastes quite different since the chai tea flavor is quite strong.

shanecb, Aug 22, 2009
4.5/5  rDev +15.7%

My first-ever Sahti, a style totally unknown to me before acquainting myself with this site several years ago. Leave it to DFH to attempt the style, and having read its style description, what weird-beer enthusiast and Dogfish fan wouldn't be psyched to at least try this?

Pours a hazy peach-gold color with a half-inch head of foam and obedient lines of bubbles marching ruler-straight to the top. Head thins pretty quickly, dissipating in a nice crackly "au revoir" although never completely disappearing.

Big whiff of juniper and masala chai. A dash of honey and sweet, succulent fruits (peach, pear, white grape) come into the nose as well. Anyone who tasted the collaboration winter warmer by Stone, Jolly Pumpkin and Dogfish Head will recognize this smell. It's the only beer I've had that comes close to smelling like Sahtea.

Flavor is a tremendous experience, aided by a firm and fantastic texture--it's hugely round without seeming cloyingly thick, becoming more gentle as it warms, with buttery creaminess offset perfectly by an appropriate level of carbonation. The flavors are somewhere between the aforementioned collaborative winter warmer, a Belgian saison, a German hefe and a double pilsner. Exotic spices, chai tea, juniper, herb-infused fresh white breads (this was brewed with rye, maybe that's what I'm getting there), honey, orange/tangerine...and really at some point there seems to be no sense in getting too analytical. To say that it's uncommonly, unbelievably freaking delicious seems sufficient.

Can't saw how traditional this is, but like much DFH stuff of this caliber, it's a firm nod to tradition with something off-kilter thrown in (in this case, chai tea). It's a total success, and one I will be picking up again. Again: freaking De-Lish-Us.

Metalmonk, Aug 22, 2009
3.45/5  rDev -11.3%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 2.5

A: Very pretty honey gold. Mine was very cold so I couldnt tell you how clear it was as it seemed to be a bit hazy. Interestingly enough, plenty of carbonation bubbles seeping out and with a second brisk pour a nice head arose.

S: Seriously? What in the world, there is a whole lot going on here. Flowers, chai, some malt, plum fruit and a pinch of rock? I gave it a 4 not because I enjoyed the aroma as much as I enjoyed the intricacy behind it.

T: I definitely was unimpressed with the first sip as this seemed to be quite the mess, with close to a bad aftertaste. It initially started off near freezing, as it warmed the flavors arose and with those flavors I was still lacking admiration. Just a mess of sorts, plum fruit is very evident, I dont feel the Chai really sticks out, some honey and what seems to be gravel, no seriously, the ground we walk on. Apparently, the bittering agents used were Juniper Berries and I could honestly do without, as I feel they dont compliment this brew at all. Overall its weird, which I like, but closer to the "weird but not good..." side of things.

M: Fully carbonated. "Yes and no" here, as Im not really sure any measure of carbonation could accolade this style.

D: Fairly low, wasnt angry pounding through it as I shared, but would have rather had a nice 90 Minute.

Overall: An A for effort, a Bish for not being great.

AMoceri7, Aug 20, 2009
4.6/5  rDev +18.3%

750ml bottle

A- Pours a slightly hazy golden orange color with an off-white head that quickly disappears.

S- Wow, the aroma is unlike any other beer Ive tried before. It is filled with spices and smells just like Chai Tea with a hint of juniper berries.

T- The taste like the aroma is fantastic! Dogfish Head really hit the nail on the head with this one. There is a lot of spiced Chai Tea flavors in the taste with a good amount of sweetness . The spices balances out the sweetness perfectly.

M- The mouthfeel is between light and medium bodied with a good amount of carbonation.

D- For the ABV, this beer is dangerously drinkable. The alcohol is hidden very well behind all the flavors. This is one of the most unique beers that I have tried. I really enjoyed this one, it is a very well crafted beer! Highly recommended!

cjgator3, Aug 19, 2009
4.4/5  rDev +13.1%

Smells JUST like chai tea, and tastes like a beer, but with a total hit of cardamom.

It's a gorgeous opaque tawny gold, orange where it's thick, yellow where the glass is thin.
The smell IS chai--its smell is both creamy and full of cardamom. The fist sip is refreshing, a hit of orange and clove. I can also taste the cream and the tea--the beer flavor is in the background, with the tea dominant. The mouthfeel is smooth and bubbly--there isn't much of a head, but the carbonation is definitely noticeable. The spice to it has a touch of a ginger flavour, but the most dominant flavour is cardamom, with a touch of clove.

I absolutely love this beer; it's probably my favorite from Dogfish Head. A touch pricey, but completely worth, and will keep buying as long as it's in stock.

Perkyanda, Aug 18, 2009
4.43/5  rDev +13.9%

A highly anticipated brew for me as I'm a big fan of both chai and juniper flavors in my beer. Purchased at Bottleworks for 12.99.

Pours a glowing golden color with a fluffy white head. The longish retention really surprised me based on reading reviews here. Not a ton of lacing, but this is a good looking beer.

After my first whiff, I actually said "whoa, damn!" out loud. Fantastic smelling. A huge helping of chai spice develops nicely into the smell of fresh juniper. Cardamom, ginger, clove and cinnamon can all be identified. Right up my alley.

The flavor does not disappoint. The chai spices are really the most prominent flavors here, but their intensity is offset by a good deal of carmelly malt sweetness. Slightly wheaty, everything comes together very nicely without a hint of alcohol to betray the beer's high ABV.

Full bodied, oily and slick, the mouthfeel toes the syrupy line. Low carbonation that works perfectly.

This is just a bit too sweet to be super drinkable, but it is so delicious and unique, you won't want to put it down. The alcohol is extremely well hidden.

I loved this beer and wish I had easy access to it. Not only is it complex and interesting enough for the seasoned beer geek, but it is also accessible enough to be a hit with most people you share it with. It is easy to see how this would be divisive, however; if you don't like chai spices or juniper, there is no chance that you'll like this beer.

Great stuff from DFH.

photomike, Aug 17, 2009
3.4/5  rDev -12.6%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3

750 ml bottle, bottled in 2009:

Pours deep golden with a thin head that becomes a vanishing patch. Minimal dotted lacing sticks. Nice color. Style not known for head retention anyway...

The smell is of potpourri, chai tea. It's herbal with some honey-like sweetness.

It is tea-like - black chai tea quite strong, but with a honey-sweet malt backbone. I thought I percieved a touch of anise early on, but doesn't last. Alcohol not noticeable until well into the large bottle. It is herbal, tea-like. Like chai tea with honey. The aftertaste lingers.

It has a syrupy medium body with mild carbonation that picks up a bit when swirled over the tongue.

Well, it is unique. Has basic characteristics of a sahti (a "different" beer on its own). This has a different twist of chai tea and booze. One of those that I can appreciate for its uniqueness, and was able to finish, but with mixed feelings.

jwc215, Aug 17, 2009