Namaste - Dogfish Head Brewery

NamasteNamaste

Dogfish Head Brewery visit their website
Delaware, United States

Witbier |  4.80% ABV

A witbier bursting with good karma. Made with dried organic orange slices, fresh-cut lemongrass and a bit of coriander, this Belgian-style white beer is a great thirst quencher.

(Beer added by: jgasparine on 10-17-2009)
Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Namaste Alström Bros

4.97/5  rDev +31.8%

This beer pours a cloudy light yellow color with a thin white head. The head fades fast, leaving a decent lacing.

This beer has a citrusy lemony aroma. I get some grainy hops. Coriander mixes in as well. Very pleasent.

This beer tastes pretty much like it smells. Nice fruity lemon flavor with a slight grassy hop flavor. Some grain and spice as well.

This beer is crisp and refreshing. It is carbonated well. It goes down smooth, leaving a lemony aftertaste.

This beer would make a good session beer. It is low in alcohol, and refreshing.

Overall: Thanls to inlimbo77 for this great beer. I like it a lot, and that is saying something, since I udually dont care for this style. Good job Sam and company for another winner.

4.95/5  rDev +31.3%

Really a nice smelling beer here. Lots of orange and coriander to go around with a hint of lemon.

Pours a bright golden color...decent, rocky head.

The taste is nothing short of amazing. Loads of orange is definitely there, with heaps of coriander as well. Just a very flavorful wit all around. This is how you do it. The slightly grainy wheat shows up just after, along with a small zing at the back which I'll assume is the lemongrass. Perhaps the best wit I have ever had, and that's saying something when it's considered that this is one of my very favorite styles.

4.92/5  rDev +30.5%

4.9/5  rDev +30%

Dogfish Namaste is a fantastic white beer and is delicious! Way better then a blue moon, shock top, etc garbage beers! Its in the same class as Allagash white! It more then lives up to the expectations of what a white beer should be and the history behind the name adds to the greatness that we expect from Dogfish Head Brews! Let the Haze consume you and delight in the Namaste!!

4.88/5  rDev +29.4%

I must preface my review by saying that Witbier is not my favorite style as I normally don't really care for spiced beers. That said, I have picked up a few over the last couple weeks and it has been a nice change. I was surprised that this version had such high reviews, but I haven't been disappointed with DFH beers. Let's give this one a try:

Appearance: Pours a slightly cloudy yellow straw color with a solid 2" head of creamy white bubbles that is kept up by tons of bubbles rising. The head was still well over an inch a couple minutes after the pour. There is some solid lacing left on the glass after drinking, so overall this is a very well presented Wit.

Aroma: The aroma is really clean, fresh, and spicy. I get lots of citrus with lemon juice and rind in particular and the coriander is obvious. As the beer is settling, the orange is coming out more. Overall the aroma is really full and inviting, so far so good.

Taste: Wow! The flavor in this beer is really nice overall. It has the mouthfeel of a Belgian Blonde, but a lot lighter on the palate. The citrusy lemon and orange are pretty big players in the flavor along with the sweet biscuity malt. The spice additions are very well done in this beer and they are adding complexity while not becoming a dominant force in the flavor. The body is light to medium with high carbonation which this style requires. The finish is owned by the malt and yeast with some of the spice and citrus left on the palate to linger for quite some time after the sip. The wheat leaves a defined creamy edge on the back of the palate really early in the sip, and it sticks there the whole time and has a bit of a grainy edge to it.

Opinion: I think that I can now say that I have a favorite spiced beer. I had liked some of the Christmas Ales, and I don't know if the Brasserie De Rocs beers count as spiced, but this is a world class Witbier, no doubt. Sam did this beer just the way it should have been done, and I must say that I am impressed. I paid around $9 for this bottle, so unfortunately isn't cheap...but I would definitely recommend that you give this one a shot.

4.86/5  rDev +28.9%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

Went to Dogfish Head brewery to taste test. Brought my growlers along and this one got selected based on its smooth flavor for a Belgian Wit. I loved the color, taste and smoothness and it kept me coming back for more. I highly recommend this beer even though I tend to side on the IPA hopheads side. Enjoy !

4.8/5  rDev +27.3%

Served into a tall, Witbier glass from a 750 mL bottle.

A: dark yellow/light orange, but more on the yellow, cloudy as heck with a nice 3 finger head atop.

S: really getting that lemongrass here, corriander is certainly there, kind of a soapy smell but not in a bad way, getting a bit of that fresh off the tree orange as well, very nice here

T: talk about refreshing, i could put glasses of this back on a hot summers day and not think twice about it. that is exactly this beers purpose and it succeeds. The lemongrass is the dominate flavor as well as that typical witbier spiciness. slight hoppiness on the end that is welcomed. overall a tremendous witbier

M: Medium bodied, uber drinkable

O: probably my favorite in the style, although dogfish does some outrageous things with their beers, this one is pretty much by the book, they really do the style justice while still putting their off centered spin on it to remind you that its DFH. this gets my highest recommendation and comes at a reasonable price, grab one!

4.8/5  rDev +27.3%