Namaste - Dogfish Head Brewery

NamasteNamaste

Dogfish Head Brewery visit their website
Delaware, United States

Witbier |  4.80% ABV

A witbier bursting with good karma. Made with dried organic orange slices, fresh-cut lemongrass and a bit of coriander, this Belgian-style white beer is a great thirst quencher.

(Beer added by: jgasparine on 10-17-2009)
Sort by:  Latest | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Namaste Alström Bros
MyTBeerDrinker

05-24-2014 20:39:46 | More by TBRich
Raynae

12-31-2012 22:08:28 | More by Raynae
exposd

I'm a big fan of Dogfish Head beers and I guess I was just expecting more out of this brew... It was a bit on the boring and plain side. The white wheat beer has a bit of a floral nose and very light citrusy flavor. I'm not a huge fan and it just doesn't seem to fit the mold of normal dogfish head brews.

04-08-2014 06:48:35 | More by exposd
rusty3335

02-08-2012 00:10:44 | More by rusty3335
Larry_C

08-15-2012 20:22:19 | More by Larry_C
KeithPatton

2.15/5  rDev -43.1%

Brought a 750 ML bottle to a monthly brew club tasting.

A - Pours a cloudy yellow with a hint of orange, pretty typical appearance for a wit. Head seemed to fade pretty fast.

S - The aroma left a lot to be desired, and prestaged the beer itself.

T - I may have had high expectations for a DFH brew, but I was really disappointed. I was expecting a bit more for the money.

M - moderatly carbonated with a crisp finish that left me wanting more of something...anything.

O - I'm kicking myself for buying this beer. I was not alone, everyone who sampled it were not impressed. If it had been one of my homebrews, I would have been embarassed to serve it, much less charge $10 a bottle for it, charity contribution or no. The beer was thin, with the characteristics of a wit, but nothing to make it memorable or recommendable.

If you are a big, big trendy brewery fan, and wear logo jeans and drink with your pinkie finger extended, you might like this anemic brew.

08-30-2011 12:08:24 | More by KeithPatton

beernads

05-18-2013 07:04:01 | More by beernads
foogerd

2.3/5  rDev -39.2%

Props to the really cool artwork on the bottle.

A- Pale hazy yellow colored body, nice sized cushy head with some nice lacing.

S- Kinda like a watery Witbier, I keep getting this empty airy watery smell besides for the orange yeast and wheat smell.

T- Again tastes like diluted Witbier, I just cant seem to shake this from the brew no matter how many sips I take.

M- Lots of carbonation, watery.

O- A real disappointment from what I'm used to with this brewery. I would say this is the first time that Dogfish really totally flopped for me, I drain poured the last 10 ounces. Unless I've had a bad bottle which I dont think thats the case I would say to avoid this brew and try the many other fine Witbiers on the market.

03-18-2011 03:00:44 | More by foogerd
ferrouswolf

Delaware

2.35/5  rDev -37.8%

Appearance: Very very pale; no yeasty cloudiness, just a light haze. Almost green in color. Not much head retention, and little to no lacing.

Aroma: Not much to see here; a little lemon, a little funk, but not much else.

Taste: A shadow of a witbier. It has a light witbier nose and finish, but not much in between. A little tartness, a fair amount of bitterness in the finish.

Mouthfeel: light, not much here. A little bit more carbonation than I would have expected, but that didn't translate into head retention.

Overall: I guess this a "thirst quencher". I don't get much of a flavor from it; maybe the keg this growler was poured from was old. I definitely wouldn't want to pay the normal DFH price for this in a bomber. This is, to put it diplomatically, a lot more "delicately flavored" than most of the DFH offerings. I feel like I was let down; I expect DFH to push the envelope, to go into bold new directions. Instead, they've gone bland.

Again, it's possible I got a bad sample; but I live in Delaware and bought this at a decent store. I'm glad I didn't buy it in (more expensive) bomber format, or I would have been really disappointed.

Serving type: growler

08-18-2013 03:44:16 | More by ferrouswolf
Rifugium

2.48/5  rDev -34.4%

First had: bottle from Pinocchio's Beer Garden, Media, PA

Sorry Dogfish Head, but I found another brew of yours I don't care for. Pours a hazy yellow with a nice white head, with a light aroma of crisp, floral hops. It gets points for being very refreshing and easily drinkable. However...where was the taste? I can't believe I'd say such a thing about a DFH brew, but there was almost no flavor in this at all, which was disappointing after reading the ingredients. Bear in mind: refreshing? yes; quaffable? yes; flavorful? no.

05-03-2011 15:54:05 | More by Rifugium
Birdmarg741

Maryland

2.48/5  rDev -34.4%

Poured from a bottle into a dogfish head IPA glass

A: Light yellow; reminiscent of bud light...

S: Smells like honey, urea, and cold chili / dare I say dog food in a can?? - tomatoes, legumes, and cumin- with the slightest bit of red chillies. Even the slightest hint of aluminum

T: Incredibly bland compared to the smell. Initial hops tongue-side burn quickly melts away to a quite sweet overall intake, with a mild spice that fades in as it sits on the tongue.

M: The beginning of the mouthfeel is adequately stimulating. Bitterness hits the center of the tongue and the roof of the mouth for a brief moment. Feels pretty light overall, with generous carbonation that adds to the rapidly passing simulation. Though if the liquid sits for more than 8 seconds in the mouth, it becomes a dull overly sweet Budweiser simulator.

O: All smell and no taste. Not high on the priority list to try again. A beer that seems mildly interesting with first gulp, but as you pay attention to the smell and continue to feel it in your mouth, it becomes less appealing.

07-26-2013 00:15:02 | More by Birdmarg741