2. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

Punjabi Export - Dogfish Head Brewery

Punjabi Export
No picture uploaded.

Dogfish Head Brewery visit their website
Delaware, United States

Foreign / Export Stout |  6.50% ABV

(Beer added by: duceswild on 05-05-2012)
View: Beers (138) |  Events
Sort by:  Latest | High | Low | Top Reviewers
Ratings: 11 | Reviews: 2 | Show All Ratings:
mdaschaf

Washington

2.83/5  rDev -27.6%

Had on tap at DFH. Review from notes.

A: Served in a goblet, Punjabi was black with a small tan head with no retention, leaving a thin ring on top with minimal lacing.

S: Up front there is some roasted malt and a bit of chocolate, but then I get a strange medicinal aroma, not sure if that was the curry, but it didn't really smell like curry to me.

T: The taste sort of reminded me of cough syrup, there was some chocolate, a bit of dark fruit, and the curry.

M: Medium bodied with moderate carbonation.

O: I was intrigued by this beer as I am a big fan of curry and Indian cuisine, but I didn't really like the two together.

09-10-2012 18:49:16 | More by mdaschaf
duceswild

Maryland

4.7/5  rDev +20.2%

Had on tap at the DFH Brewpub.

Pours a dark chocolate color, with a cream colored head with no transparency. Smell is of chocolate, light cinnamon, and a woodiness. Taste is a smooth creamy chocolate. I don't get much bitterness from it. Mouthfeel was wonderful on this one, really love the smoothness made it very easy to drink.

Hope that DFH decides to make more of this as I definitely when WOW when tasting it for the first time. Wish I could of had more.

@ Dogfish Head Brewings & Eats, 320 Rehoboth Ave, Rehoboth Beach