120 Minute IPA - Dogfish Head Brewery

Wants: 1,063
Dogfish Head Brewery visit their website
Delaware, United States

ABV varies from 15-20%.

(Beer added by: frank4sail on 03-24-2003)
Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of 120 Minute IPA Alström Bros

1.08/5  rDev -73.7%

1.13/5  rDev -72.4%

12 oz bottle pours a hazy orange copper with a small off white head that leaves some lacing in my glass, funny pine aroma like a mix of Pine-Sol cleaner and Off insect repellent. Super sweet orange, maple syrup and alcohol flavors. Full bodied with a thick sticky syrupy mouthfeel, finishes with a lingering sweetness. A 12 oz bottle is too much for me, after only a few sips I am done...way too sweet, hard to dump such an expensive beer but I have no choice.

1.15/5  rDev -72%

A: Pours copper color with very little head and just a bit of bubbles up top and some lacing.

S: Interestingly enough, it doesn't smell like hops at all. I'm picking up roast, coffee, toffee, caramel, candied fruit, curious spice notes like liquorice and anise, and a heavy sort of rum raisin cake smell.

T: Candied fruit, dark rum, raisins, caramel apple, maple syrup, molasses, brown sugar, cloying sweetness. This is complex in smell and taste, but in a way that's offensive to my palate. I just can't grow to like this. Maybe with age?

O: I was hoping for the holy grail for hopheads, but instead I get a barleywine that's been fortified with syrup and booze for 120 minutes. I'm sorry, but this is probably one of the worst beers I've had to drink, and I love other DFH stuff like 90 minute, WWS, Chateau Jiahu and others...but this just blows. Now I'm stuck with 5 bottles of this stuff. Anyone wanna trade?

1.2/5  rDev -70.7%

I'm under the impression at this point that my review is unfair as I believe I got an outdated bottle. There is an overwhelming taste of vinegar in this beer inducing gag reflex in every sip. I simply can't finish this beer. Again, I may have gotten a bad bottle.

1.2/5  rDev -70.7%

horrible, horrible beer. smells like really good nail polish remover. imo it's not hoppy. it's extremely floral. lots of cascade used i guess. anyway i'm pissed off by the fact i just paid 6 bucks for this disaster of a beer, and ended up pouring most of it down the sink. i am going to stick with the 60 and 90 which are complete opposites of this beer.

120 Minute IPA from Dogfish Head Brewery