Sixty-One (61) - Dogfish Head Brewery

Sixty-One (61)Sixty-One (61)

good

Dogfish Head Brewery visit their website
Delaware, United States

(Beer added by: mothman on 03-26-2013)
Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Sixty-One (61) Alström Bros

1.05/5  rDev -71.1%

Picked up a four pack of this dated 2/28/2013. I like wine, I like beer so why not?
Pours a red/ purple color with a thin white head. Smells bad, musty, no hops. Taste is just awful. I get no hop tastes, just cheap wine then bitterness. Tastes like some sort of sparkling wine than went terribly bad. If you poured this into my glass and didn't tell me what it was, I would think it's the worst glass of wine I have ever had. In reality, it's the worst glass of beer I have ever had.

1.25/5  rDev -65.6%

1.6/5  rDev -55.9%

Went down right away to taste this new offering, but was highly disappointed. I was expecting a sweeter 60 minute IPA but was greeted with a pinkish reddish beer that smelled way too sweet. The taste was that of a sparkling rose wine. I could barley finish my mug. It is not Noble Rot or Red and White. It is a bitter sparkling red wine at best. Not something I would want year round or as a limited release.

1.65/5  rDev -54.5%
look: 2 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 1.5

Poured into a pint glass the purple hues mixed with golden IPA give this a hybrid of pink and purple. Add in at thin head and a good amount of bubbles and well, I'm not excited already.

A very strong wine like aroma comes through almost instantly. Hops? I mean maybe? I think there's a bit of bitterness but the wine like effect is over powering.

Red wine...hint of bitter...and more red wine.

The only reason this isn't wine is the carbonation and ligher mouth feel. This definitely feels like a nice summer beer. The carbonation a bit sharper than in some of the better IPAs which tend to be a bit more creamy in feel.

This is a complete failure. I really was expecting something interesting and well good. This is drinkable but if this was my 4th beer of the night, i'd be drain pouring it to avoid any extra calories or alcohol.

1.68/5  rDev -53.7%

1.73/5  rDev -52.3%

Glad to see Dogfish putting out something new on the regular lineup.

This beer is way odd looking with a red hue to it and a pink head that is not normal. Speaking of not normal: the flavor. A wad of fruity tones that carry no definition at all. It's just malty, sweet goofiness. It reminds me of Zima, or something like that.

Really. This is silly. This is going down the drain, and I'm afraid my respect for Dogfish Head is going with it. Get it together people.

Sixty-One (61) from Dogfish Head Brewery