Follow our progress ...

Style: American Pale Lager

Added by twenty5 on 09-23-2013

Reviews: 2 | Ratings: 3
3.81/5  rDev -2.6%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

As a huge Citra fan, I was really happy to hear about this beer. I have had several all Citra beers but never one done with a lager yeast. It was crystal clear and was served in the dfh ipa glasses that make every ipa smell amazing, this was no exception. To me, the smell reminded me somewhat of heady topper, not a bad start. Tastewise, I didn't get the typical mango taste that I get from most Citra beers. Instead it was more of a honey grapefruit taste. I'm not sure if that was due to the lager yeast or just different hop addition times. Overall the beer was pretty great, although I would like to have seen this done with a different yeast strand that would have brought out the mango and would have really show cased what Citra can do.

16oz, DFH IPA glass

A: Typical IPA appearance. Hazy orange color. Thin layer of bright white head. Leaves some sticky lacing.

S: Strong hopped brew. Love Citra.

T: Nice lingering hop bitterness throughout. Up front blast of pine and citrus. Sweet light bready malts. Dry finish. Lingering bitterness.

M: Medium bodied.

Citratic Equation from Dogfish Head Craft Brewery
- out of 100 based on 2 ratings.