El Toro Peach Flavored Ale - El Toro Brewing Co.

El Toro Peach Flavored Ale
No picture.

pDev: n/a
El Toro Brewing Co. visit their website

American Amber / Red Ale |  ABV ?

Beer added by: cokes on 10-28-2004

3.57/5  rDev n/a

A- Pours a golden hue with a thin head that dissipates quickly.

S- Lots of peach, mild yeasty esters.

T- Big Peach upfront with a wheaty malt backbone. slightly metallic aftertaste.

M- Thin with quite a bit of carbonation

D- I definitely couldn't drink this one all the time but if I was in the mood for peach, this is the beer I would reach for. (352 characters)

3.53/5  rDev n/a
look: 4 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Polished peach with bright amber trim. I wish it was fuzzy too, but no such luck. The white cap is dark enough (it's almost beige) that I can't call the appearance peaches and cream. The foam looks good and is generating an impressive amount of finely punctated lace.

Peach Flavored Ale is obviously peach scented as well. The fruitiness doesn't go overboard, but nicely compliments what smells like an acceptable amber ale, or possibly a pale wheat ale. If you're crazy about peaches, you'll probably think a little more highly of the nose than I do.

This isn't bad beer, not by a long shot. And that's coming from someone whose list of favorite fruit doesn't include peaches. The base beer leans more toward amber than wheat, although I'm sure there's some wheat malt in there. I'm just glad the peach juiciness doesn't roll over everything in its path. I can even appreciate the lemony citric bite and the finishing bitterness of some good old American hops.

The mouthfeel is up to snuff. It's pale ale medium with a lighty silky slickness that suggests more malt sugar than my taste buds tell me is present. That's another positive attribute: the beer isn't too sweet, too tangy or too bitter.

A peach flavored ale is never going to knock my socks off. However, if anyone can brew one that I'm likely to find semi-enjoyable, El Toro can. These guys produce a delicious oatmeal stout and an even better IPA. This beer isn't necessarily proof, but I like to call them the best little craft brewery that no one has ever heard of. (1,542 characters)

3.35/5  rDev n/a

12 ounce bottle. Hazy orange color with a foamy head. Juicy peach aroma. There is not much smell other than the peaches. The flavor is sweet and fruity at first. It stays sweet but also becomes bitter in the middle, and is sweet and bitter at the same time. The peach flavor is good, and the beer is not cloyingly sweet. Therefore, this beer is much better than most fruit beers. Still, the flavors don't meld together well. Also, there is not enough beer characteristic. I enjoyed this, but I doubt I will get it again. (520 characters)

2.73/5  rDev n/a

I like the concept of this beer, take a great fruit and blend into an ale. While I was drinking this I could taste 1) an average wheat beer and 2) same beer with a shot of peach flavoring. The fruit taste was not there until it was down your throat and then it overpowered your senses. Beer was highly carbonated which would limit its drinkability, not a session beer. Was good with spicy chinese food, but nothing above average about it. So so. (445 characters)

2.87/5  rDev n/a

Clouded yellow-orange with a tight ivory lace.
Nose is ripe with peaches alone, which is certainly the intent, and I guess they pulled it off.
Begins with a saltine cracker, dryish notion, complete with a blurb of salty astringency. From there on, it's all peach, sweet and candied, but it avoids becoming obnoxiously oversweet despite the lack of any perceivable hop presence.
But it's doomed to fall apart, like so many of this genre. Using it's name as a reference, this is more "flavored" than "ale".
Light bodied, feeling a bit gritty with its CO2 and illusions of salinity.
A nearly-forgivable, non-descript, fruit-foward brew. More or less in the mold of the utterly disastrous Buffalo Bill's Orange Blossom Cream Ale, but to a better end. That said, it's miles from anything I'd buy again. (804 characters)

El Toro Peach Flavored Ale from El Toro Brewing Co.
- out of 100 based on 5 ratings.