Apricot Wheat - Ithaca Beer Company

Apricot WheatApricot Wheat

Ithaca Beer Company visit their website
New York, United States

Fruit / Vegetable Beer |  4.90% ABV

(Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 10-18-2001)

4.9/5  rDev +50.8%

My favorite beer! Nice and smooth. Great apricot taste. It actually tastes like real apricots and not an extract. I get this whenever it comes out, wish they did more cases of just this. Its always in the sampler but rarely alone. The smell is absent of hops, all apricot which I like. Would reccomend to anyone!

4.8/5  rDev +47.7%

4.63/5  rDev +42.5%

This was such an easy drinking beer. I've had it both in the bottle on tap at bars, and on tap at the brewery - on tap is better, but both are good. The Apricot is so distinct on both the nose and while drinking. On the nose, it's unmistakable, it smells sweet, florally, mixed with a bit of honey. In the mouth however, you just get Apricot - none of the sweetness that you would imagine from such a big nose. Don't think this is one of those sickly sweet fruit beers. This is just wheat, with a kick in the head of pure apricot.

4.43/5  rDev +36.3%

If you like apricots then this is the beer for you.
Even if you don't like apricots this might be the beer for you.
Extremely fruity and refreshing over all.
Very much like bubbly fruit juice; this is one of those beers that you hand to someone that claims "I don't like beer".
Light and bubbly; the wheat plays its role well in keeping this brew from being too much like candy (though it is on the candy side of the spectrum).
I found this to be insanely drinkable... the only thing that takes away from the drinkability a bit is the effect the sweetness has on the mouthfeel after a bit.
This is, of course, as I review as it stands by itself.
Next time around I'll drink this while having a slice of pizza or a burger (times when I often drink soda). My scores will probably be bumped up from there.
A 5 in enjoyability.

4.4/5  rDev +35.4%
look: 3.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.5

This is another beer that is a graded a bit too harsh. It says Apricot Wheat...that's what it tastes like...

This is also one fo the most drinkable beers ever. It is very light and you could get through 6 before you even know what you are doing. Great aroma, smells exactly how it tastes.

4.38/5  rDev +34.8%

Boy did this six pack disappear quickly. This beer is fabulous- and I don't even like apricots. I picked it up on a whim though, figuring why not? It's hot out, I need something light. And it was.

Tastes delicious- apricots, some other fruits- raspberry and orange, mostly. Tastes like fruit juice- but it's spiked. I think I could turn any self-proclaimed beer hater into a beer lover with this beer. It just tastes deliciously fruity. It also feels great- lots of bubbles, nice crisp finish. Crazy drinkability- I've never emptied my glass that quickly. A delicious, very drinkable beer. Fellows, this one will turn your girls into beer drinkers. Trust me.

4.33/5  rDev +33.2%

Purchased as a variety pack from Westy's in Mechanicsburg, PA.

S- could definitely tell it was an apricot wheat. It heightened my sense of smell. I love ap-wheat brews.

T-very tasty and wheaty.

D- Love the beer and def worth a six pack or case.

Overall i enjoyed the beer and apricot wheats are one of the few fruity type beers that i will drink.

4.28/5  rDev +31.7%

4.25/5  rDev +30.8%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

I'm a major sucker for fruit beer, so I had to try this one. It was my first time at a local bar, and I was waiting for my aunt and uncle to meet me after work, so I ordered this beer with my fries. It was sweet but not too much so- in other words, you could definitely still taste the beer in it. There was a perfect blend of sweetness and yet a tiny bite to it. It was very smooth and amazing when ice cold! If I came across it again I'd definitely go for a second taste.

Apricot Wheat from Ithaca Beer Company