Flower Power India Pale Ale - Ithaca Beer Company

Flower Power India Pale AleFlower Power India Pale Ale

Ithaca Beer Company visit their website
New York, United States

(Beer added by: Todd on 09-17-2002)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Flower Power India Pale Ale Alström Bros
Manfrombelmonty

4.81/5  rDev +13.2%

Serving - 12oz bottle aggressively poured into a 16oz Mystic tulip

Appearance - 1inch head stays for a bit before fading to a frothy crown. Ale is bronzed and slightly glowing. Beautiful looking brew.

Smell - after tasting a few six packs of this it's finally hit home. Pine,citrus, flowery And grapefruit yes, but also wonderful smells of pineapple and mango. Touch of guava says the missus.

Taste - sharp and bitter to start, smooth tropical flavours follow. Crisp bite to finish. Tropical beer cocktail in a glass.

Mouth - smooth and nicely carbonated. Creamy where needed

Overall - the first few I had I didn't get it. Tonight everything has clicked. Typical pine, grapefruit IPA with superb tropical flavours, a beautiful appearance and a nose I could spend all day with. Wonderful stuff

11-25-2013 03:47:52 | More by Manfrombelmonty
Denzo

11-25-2013 02:02:07 | More by Denzo
PSU_Mike

4.15/5  rDev -2.4%

Serving - bottle poured into a Speiglau IPA Glass

Appearance - Pours a dark yellow with a one finger head and loaded with sediment.

Smell - Very nice smell. Piney with a strong citrus punch.

Taste - Taste follows the nose with a malty finish. Slightly bitter on the finish as well.

Mouthfeel - Full but not heavy. Very low carbonation.

Overall - despite it not being the most attractive looking beer I've seen, the smell is great and it is a very tasty beer. I would go out of my way to find it again and I am pleased to have tried it.

11-25-2013 01:14:30 | More by PSU_Mike

11-24-2013 20:24:39 | More by VictorFranco
Rheaume17

Vermont

4.08/5  rDev -4%

Poured into a Dogfish Head Spiegelau glass.

A - Pours a beautiful golden/orange color with a generous inch of sudsy head.

S - Picking up on citrus fruits. Decent hop presence. Some herbal/floral notes.

T - The taste was not quite what I was expecting. Definitely citrus fruits on the forefront. Some floral hints as well as an slight oily taste. A yeast malt on the background.

M - Very smooth beer, almost creamy. Moderate carbonation. As expected, some good bitterness that sticks to mouth.

O - I finally got my hands on some of this and honestly was slightly disappointed. Not the hop presence that I was expecting. Good flavors nonetheless, but nothing that I am needing more of. Overall a decent IPA.

11-24-2013 20:22:48 | More by Rheaume17

MJSawyer

11-23-2013 00:50:59 | More by MJSawyer
MattyBones

4.3/5  rDev +1.2%

I had this twice with mixed experiences. The first time I had it after hearing so much about it I was highly disappointed as it seemed the malts were dominate and nothing truly stood out. The second time I had it was the complete opposite with the hops stepping forward and a more balanced beer. I'm going to attribute my first experience to not having had tasted a fresh bottle and something that was sitting around for a while. So my review is based on the second tasting.

Appearance: Pores a nice golden, orangey color with some light carbonation present ending with a 1 finger head.

Smell: Now here is what truly stands out about this beer. It might just be t he most pleasant smelling IPA I've ever had. The nose is extremely floral. Smells like fresh cut flowers, a dandelion type smell to it, with some hops and citrus fruits .

Taste: A nice hop forward taste that matches the smell, a very floral tasting beer but you definitely get more of the citrus in the taste than in the smell. Some grapefruit and hints of tropical fruits.

Mouthfeel: A creamy, smooth feel that coats the palate leaving a nice blend of the flavors hanging around a bit but doesn't destroy the palate. Very balanced.

Overall: I was extremely pleased the second time I tasted this, fresh was a beautifully blended brew with an AMAZING smell. The nose is the best part, and that's not a bad thing either. I rated it a little lower only because of my first experience. I will re-rate this when I get my hands on another taste.

11-22-2013 13:48:50 | More by MattyBones

Indiana

11-21-2013 02:45:52 | More by JDizzle
screamking

4.6/5  rDev +8.2%

12oz bottle poured into pint glass.

Pours light apricot, with a thick two finger white head. Big tropical nose on this one, pineapple, mango, and grapefruit are slammed into here. Huge hops all around this beer. The taste is very bitter up front and I'm lovin it. Middle of the mouth gets a break with more of a tropical sweetness then bitterness. Followed by the finish with a very dry bitterness. My first Ithaca brew has me thinking I need to try more of their stuff immediately. Maybe a top five IPA? Maybe...

11-21-2013 02:35:01 | More by screamking