Schorschbräu Schorschbock 40% - Schorschbräu

Schorschbräu Schorschbock 40%Schorschbräu Schorschbock 40%

Schorschbräu visit their website
Germany

Eisbock |  39.44% ABV

(Beer added by: kappldav123 on 01-28-2010)
View: Beers (8) |  Events

Maryland

01-26-2013 20:44:44 | More by oline73
orangesol

2.9/5  rDev -16.7%

Thanks to foofaa for sharing his sample with me and to whoever brought this one to Capone's.

A - Pours dead flat dark brown with no head and no lace. No surprise here.

S - This is a beer? Could have fooled me. Smells kinda like a fine brandy to me. Hints of caramel, dark fruit, and some cherries but once the booze kicks in it is all over.

T - Starts off with a mix of caramel sweetness, cherries, and dark fruits quickly being enveloped by the insanely hot alcohol burn. Once the booze kicks in you really lose most of the flavors. This is probably the hottest beer I have ever had.

M - Heavy body and flavor with no carbonation. This one feels like I drank some gas and lit my mouth on fire.

O - I am sure this was a pretty good beer at some point in its life but at this level it is just a novelty. If I wanted my beer to taste like a spirit I would just order a spirit and be done with it.

11-11-2011 19:59:11 | More by orangesol
thepeter

United Kingdom (England)

3.4/5  rDev -2.3%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3

Very lucky to get a 2oz sample of this at a tasting. This beer is the result of a pissing contest with Brewdog and as I have tried their "Sink the Bismark" and SA Utopious I did find myself compariing it to them as they are all esentually "Beer Spirits".
Pours a flat brown syrup, looks decent in the light and had some nice legs, no head but that was expected.
It smelled like a brandy to me, maybe one with fruit, apricot possibly. A bit of that "Beery" smell as well if you know what I mean. It tastes much of the same. It begins with a harsh burn but that is gone by the second sip. Definitely much like an apricot brandy, to me it's all booze sweet syrup and some fruit, no balance of flavors. I just did not find anything special about this. Mouth feel was decent smooth no carbonation but, A little would have been nice! You obviously should not drink too much of this but I wouldn't bother as a nice (real) brandy would be better and much cheaper any day. Still, very glad I had the chance to taste it.

05-23-2010 20:08:14 | More by thepeter
kappldav123

Germany

4.35/5  rDev +25%

The new world strongest beer - I thing it will keep this record for a certain time. Extremely rare (only 15 bottles right now), also quite expensive - 99 Euro a bottle. The bottle looks absolutely great, hand signed and numbered by the brewmaster. Deep golden in the glass, shows streaks, of course no head. Starts extremely hot and alcoholic, very, very strong, brings you almost to tears. But shows also fruity notes of apricot, also a bit woody, not just alcohol. Burning and intense finish, warming aftertaste, I feel it going down through my body. Drinkability of course is not the highest, but after the first gulp I really like to take the next one. I love extreme beers and this one is extreme at its best!

01-28-2010 13:09:13 | More by kappldav123
Schorschbräu Schorschbock 40% from Schorschbräu
- out of 100 based on 5 ratings.