Kosmyk Charlie's Y2K Catastrophe Ale - Central Waters Brewing Co.

Kosmyk Charlie's Y2K Catastrophe AleKosmyk Charlie's Y2K Catastrophe Ale

Central Waters Brewing Co. visit their website
Wisconsin, United States

American Barleywine |  10.00% ABV

Availability: Fall

Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 02-22-2002

4.71/5  rDev +14%
look: 5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 5 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4.75

I love these guys! Now up from one of my top 5 to top 3 favorite breweries of all time!! The appearance on this beer is awesome, half inch creamy khaki head, and a deep brownish crimson color that is very appealing when held up to the light. Smells very sweet and malty, hints of honey and nuttiness. The flavor profile on this beer is INTENSE! perhaps I should have given this one a few months to age and tame a bit, yowser! I get an onslaught of everything I picked up in the aroma the sweet maltiness, the subtle honey-nut flavor and some pretty strong carameliness which I love, this is one RICH beast!! I think I would have given this a perfect 5 in taste had I aged it a bit. I'm definitely going to pick up a few more of these and cellar them. Mouthfeel is a little high in carbonation for my liking in this style, like medium high, not a silky on the tongue as I would like either. One of the better examples I've had of this style. awesome (948 characters)

3.88/5  rDev -6.1%

22 oz. bottle, with 2013 vintage date. Another new beer to me from Central Waters, and I'm excited to have it. My expectations are pretty good; I generally enjoy what Central Waters does, and I'm sure this will be no exception.

Poured into a clear balloon snifter.

A - Pours a thick dark caramel color; dark ruby red with some orange highlights in the glass. Under a finger of frothy tan head. Some nice scattered lacing. Looks very nice.

S - Smell is more laid back than I would expect from a 10.00% abv barleywine. Light yeast must, caramel / red malts, sweetened tea leaves, some herbal / earthiness, and some light huskiness / graininess. Mild rum alcohol presence and dark raisin / fig / date fruitiness. Lightly soapy.

T - Taste resembles the nose - very earthy, malty, and dank. Tea leaves. Red malt. Caramel malt. Sticky toffee. Burnt white sugar. Lightly grainy. Moderate earthy bitterness.

M - Feel is mostly clean, with some mild caramel stickiness, and some earthy resinous hop bitterness on the palate. Medium full body with good carbonation. Very good drinkability for such a big beer.

Overall, a solid barleywine. Conventional and delicious, and it doesn't try to push the envelope. Certainly a solid warming beer for a cold winter's night. Not sure that cellaring this would achieve great results, but it is surely delicious. Recommended.

Central Waters Kosmyk Charlie's Y2K Catastrophe Ale ---4/5. (1,421 characters)

3.54/5  rDev -14.3%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.5

Bomber from CW16 release.

Pours out a dark brown in color with a nice finger head that is light brown in color. Smell is dark grains in the forefront, pretty earthy, seems to be a little hops in the background but nothing fruity -- more something to balance the beer out. Taste is definitely some dark grains, burnt sugar, burnt malts, and a little bit of hops in the back to balance things out a little. It tastes really earthy like the nose. I really don't get any booze from this but I seem to need a little more booze it seems to taste it than others. Mouthfeel is medium thick/maybe a little thicker from the amount of carbonation. Overall it's a great barleywhine that is not sweet at all. There is absolutely no sweetness which is different for your typical beer of this style. I like it and would buy it again. (819 characters)

4.34/5  rDev +5.1%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

Poured from bomber bottle to regular pint glass.

Nice looking burnt amber color

Smell is malty and boozy.

Great taste, bready, with hints of fruit, and nice alcohol warmth. Slight bitterness, but really smooth drinking.

Silky mouth feel and a little stickiness in my mouth and definitely on my lips.

Overall another excellent beer from Central Waters. This just came out and I will be excited to pick up some more for aging. Have heard good things about this one with some age on it. (489 characters)

4.09/5  rDev -1%

2011 bottle from Adam. thanks! Pours a deep murky amber with small khaki head.aroma of figs, plums, caramel, vanilla, and even a bit of bourbon and booze, though this isn’t the BA version. Flavor is big fruits, mostly figs, some apple, raisins, bready, toffee biscuits. A hint of some booze. Yum. Creamy and heavy body, but with plenty of carbonation keeping this drinkable. Very nice beer, and only my 2nd from CW. I can definitely see this turning out beautifully in a bourbon barrel. (488 characters)

3.76/5  rDev -9%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.75

Served in a chalice at Local Option.

Well, if I ever miss the bottle release of certain harder-to-find CW offerings, I need to remember my boys at Local Option... Anyway, this stuff pours a slightly murky garnet topped by a half-finger of wan khaki foam. The nose comprises sye bread, sweet caramel, light toffee, mild rum, light fig, light raisin, light candied orange peel, and a strong boozy backdrop. The taste brings in more of the same, with the bread coming through a bit stronger, the candied fruit as well, and the booze hanging around long enough to have its presence felt with every sip. Luckily, it's somehow not overpowering. The body is a hefty medium, with a light moderate carbonation and a slightly drying finish. Overall, a solid, strong b-wine, something I could easily see being used as a body warmer in the dead of winter. (844 characters)

4.53/5  rDev +9.7%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

2012 vintage - drinking quite nice right now.

Pours a cloudy orange-brown, decent initial head, leaves a long-lasting ring of lace, some sediment in the bottom of the glass.

Quite malty and bready in the noise, hints of raisin and vanilla.

Nice complexity. Bread, alcohol, raisin, oak, vanilla. Lingering dark chocolate hoppy note.

Silky mouthfeel.

This was stellar, and hits all the things I like in an American barleywine. Central Waters continues to impress me, particularly with their bigger and darker beers. Seek this out. (533 characters)

4.5/5  rDev +9%

12oz Bottle
$3.49
Steve's Liquor, Madison

Kosmyk Charlie's Y2K pours with a ton of tiny sediment that in this case (and this case only in my expierence) add to the looks of this brew. The sediment is perfectly suspended throughout the ruby elixer and the light seems to bounce off every tiny little particle creating a snow-globe like effect. Very cool. A one finger ecru head forms on the pour that fades to a half finger but surprisingly stays put for the entirety. Leaves drink lines with each sip. This is a great looking barleywine.

The aroma has a solid amount of fruit present. Among layer after layer of malt goodness. Mild rum soaked raisins linger in the background along with prunes and a hint of dates occasionally. The malts steal the show. Caramel and toffee dominate. There's a slight peat like smokiness that only shows itself every now and then. Vanilla. cream, and a ghostly oakiness waft through the air as well. Spicy alcohol toward the backend.

This is a malt bomb of a beer with the needed alcohol backing. Caramel kicks things off and there's a surprising spicy hop kick quickly following. The hops actually linger throughout the drink and into the swallow leaving a nice moderate bitterness. I'm surprised the hops are as prominant as they are with none being detected in the nose. Heavy caramel leads througout with waves of toffee, vanilla, mild oak, and spicy alcohol on the swallow. Excellent!

First few sips gave me the impression of a syrupy sticky mouthfeel. As I drink on the mouthfeel becomes much more lush and velvety. The stickiness is there on the swallow but the body is extremely luxurious on the tongue.

This is a sipping brew with the big alcohol and complexities but it seems to open more the longer you sip. I'd be content sipping the night away with this one.

Another impressive beer from Central Waters. Excellent barleywine with layer upon layer of flavor. Continues to open more and more as it warms.

Reviewed: 9/29/07 (1,972 characters)

4.19/5  rDev +1.5%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

2012 Vintage.

A - Deep amber with a thin layer of taupe coloured head.

S - Rich toffee, raisins, dark caramel and figs.

T - Rich toffee, caramel, raisins, figs and a hint of chocolate. A big hop profile cuts through the sweetness but doesn't add much aside from a touch of pine. Warming alcohol presence throughout.

M - Full body. Viscous. Light carbonation. (364 characters)

4.07/5  rDev -1.5%
look: 4 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4

Central Waters Brewing Company, Inc. Brewers Reserve Kosmyk Charlie's Y2K Catastrophe Ale Barley-wine Style Ale. Amherst, WI.

Y2K? Wasn't that 13 years ago? What's going on here? I thought I'd had this before, but there's no evidence of it. I must've had it when I wasn't taking notes. Or maybe I'm out of my damned mind. A resurrection of an old ale beyond it's enjoy by date? Okay.
Let's get to this bottle already…

Look of it: Deep crimson coloring, large, lush creamy-toned head, lovely stuff.

Smell of it: ridiculously rich, deep, dark and crazily delicious. Dark fruit, cherry, berry, brandy, leather, luscious and massively malty,

Tasting it: Luxurious. Expansive. Full to bursting. Malt to the max, hops a plenty. It's all going on. It's giving me all the things I want in a barley-wine. Should I age this? Isn't it already 13 years old? The bottled on says: nothing? There seems to be some marks somewhere around November, but it's not clear. (There are similar random markings around June, July, and August.) It's like there are some random scratchings in the direction of that particular square. And I don't remember when I bought it, it's been sitting around waiting for me to take these notes for months.

Let's see what the label tell us: "Originally designed for the Y2K survival kit, this beer has proven to be a staple for anyone's emergency plan. Kosmyk Charlie's is a delightful treat, aged for a year in our cellars to create brew smooth enough to overcome any disaster. So when homeland security raises the alert level, open a Kosmyk Charlie's and raise your glass."

Interesting. The Y2K threat is long gone, but one thing has appeared since then that we didn't have in 2000, or 1999, and that''s Homeland Security and alert levels. That's it, let's celebrate the latest tragedy.

All in all, a toasty, malty, high alcohol (none given on the label, I'm only guessing). treat, to be sure. Fits all the marks of a true barleywine. (1,959 characters)

4.16/5  rDev +0.7%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

Big thanks to michigan for extraing me this long tinge want. Enjoyed from my central waters snifter. Beer pours a fairly muddy brown with a generous off white head. Beer stinks of toffee and caramel and bready malts. Still a nice hop presence too. Not bad for a 2012. Taste is great. Aggressively faded hops give a real nice buttery caramel toffee with a hint of grape. Easy drinker. Really exceeded my expectations. Great barley wine worth checking out. (454 characters)

Special thanks to Ri0 for this bottle.

A - Pours a hazy toffee raisin brown color with light lacing.

S - Toffee, roasted caramel malt, pine, raisins, light maple, candi sugar, and light alcohol notes.

T - Follows the nose starting with roasted caramel, toffee, and alcohol, in the middle is light candi sugar, some maple, toasted brown sugar, and ends with a lingering bittersweet resiny pine finish.

M - Medium bod with light carbonation, sticky.

O - A solid barleywine. (476 characters)

4.16/5  rDev +0.7%

Poured out as a nice amber color with a decent white head on top. The smell of the beer is malty with a hoppy aroma. The taste is also loaded with toasted caramel malt and hops. It's piney with a sweetness in the background. The mouthfeel is smooth, nicely carbonated and slick. Overall this beer is pretty damn good. Very enjoyable. (333 characters)

3.82/5  rDev -7.5%
look: 4 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 3.75

12 fl oz brown glass bottle with standard unbranded gold pressure cap and straightforward no-nonsense black label acquired in a trade from the very gracious Duff27 (who you should definitely trade with!) and served into my brand new Mitchells of Lancaster flared tulip in me gaff in low altitude Los Feliz, Los Angeles, California. 2012 Vintage; bottled in November. That makes this five months old; should be tasty. Expectations are high given the brewery, whose stouts I have enjoyed.

I chilled her a biteen in me fridge, but I don't like my barleywines too cold so I yanked her out after no more than fifteen minutes. Side-poured with standard vigor as no carbonation issues are anticipated.

Not paired with food.

A: Pours a two finger light khaki colour head of nice cream and thickness, and very good (~5-6+ minute) retention for the high ABV. I loved the look of the liquid as I poured, and I dig its understated, refined appearance in my glass. Body colour is a lovely translucent amber with light orange hues. Semitransparent. That's the kind of colour and tone a barleywine should have. Not vibrant or flashy, just classy and understated. No yeast particles are visible. No bubble show. Ideal even lacing on the sides of the glass as the head recedes. A fine looking beer for the style, and one that conceals its high ABV rather well. I'm impressed, and looking forward to trying it.

Sm: Light toasted malt. Deep floral hopping clings well to the malty base. Biscuit malt. Caramel. Toffee. Pine and maple wood. Unrefined sugars. Sure, graham cracker a bit. Sugar and resiny. A dash of candi sugar. Light raisin. A biteen hop forward for a barleywine, but pleasant and appealing across the board. It's not overwhelming or pungent; it matches the vibe of the appearance with an understated classiness. Above average to mild in strength. I'm looking forward to trying it. I do want more toasted character and caramel from it.

T: Resiny. More sweet than expected, especially as it approaches the climax. Buried caramel. Buried toffee. It's not as refined as the great beers I've had in the style; it comes off a bit young, actually. Good floral hopping with hints of pine and maybe crackers - though I'm always hesitant to claim a beer is cracker-flavoured. Not as malt-emphatic as I'm used to. The candi character is a bit too prominent here; I imagine this would fade and develop nicely with age. Marshmallow. A bit burnt. I do like it, and it drinks damn easily for 10%. I'd guess it was 7% tops. A bit of bitterness comes through on the finish. It has some subtlety, but it's not quite as complex as the best beers in the style. Well layered.

Mf: Smooth and wet. Nicely thick without being overbearing. Ideally carbonated. Good presence on the palate. Good body. Great for a barleywine, and it suits the flavour quite well. Well-executed.

Dr: Quite drinkable for the high ABV, which is very well hidden. I'm a big fan of what this is trying to do, but I think a good two years of age would benefit it; even at five months it's too candied and sweet. I enjoyed it as a sipper because it's worthy of respect. I'd like to revisit this with 2-5 years on it. A solid barleywine that isn't without its flaws. Looking forward to trying the bourbon barrel barleywine from Central Waters soon. Thanks again, Duff27!

Lowish B+ (3,341 characters)

12 oz. bottle poured into a Founders snifter. Bottle date December 2012.

Appearance: Dark amber with a thin white head. Decent head retention. Fades into lacing after a couple of minutes.

Smell: Deep caramel and toffee notes. Toasted biscuit, graham crackers. Some alcohol is present.

Taste: Similar to the nose with very strong caramel and toffee up front. Pine hops with a bit of floral comes in near the finish. Strong dose of bittering hops with some alcohol heat on the finish. Bittersweet finish.

Mouthfeel: Medium body, medium carbonation.

Overall: Very solid American barleywine, but doesn't stand out all that much from other options. I'll take Central Waters BBBW any day. (689 characters)

3.85/5  rDev -6.8%

Thanks to Jeff for this one. 2012 vintage poured into a Brooklyn Brewery snifter. Shared with schen9303. This is the base beer for Bourbon Barrel Barleywine.

Pours a 1 finger creamy milk-tea colored head with good retention. Beer is a semi-cloudy clay. Lacing is stringy with good cling. Thin legs. Solid.

Nose pine resin, caramel, brown sugar, maple and booze. Moderately sweet and rich with a big hop kick. I like it.

Opens tree sap resin hoppiness, caramel, some toffee and brown sugar. More hop bitterness in the middle with some molasses and sugary sweetness to balance things out. Resiny and a touch boozy at the end. Finishes sweet with a bitter, sappy aftertaste. Hop presence is a touch overwhelming but there is quite a bit going on here.

Medium to full bodied with low carbonation. Smooth and oily in the mouth and goes down boozy. Finish is messy with a long, lingering aftertaste. Pretty good.

I can see how the bourbon barrel aging really helps this beer. Y2K is a bit on the hoppy side with the malt backbone fighting futily through the big, hop presence. A decent beer overall but not nearly as good as the barrel-aged version. Worth a try still to see what the base is all about. (1,205 characters)

3.25/5  rDev -21.3%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

Pours a very clear, ripe chestnut red in color. There's very fine yeast in suspension, and a tan tight/uniform khaki-tan head on display. Good lacing on the glass is the head falls.

Nose is *BIG*; yeast and light tannins burst forth amidst lusty scents of plum, fig and raisin, and there's a nice, rum-like booze character to this one as well. Sweet, luscious smell, with nary a trace of bitterness.

Soft and sweet on the first sip, this one has a nice bit of bitterness and bittersweet character leading off. Carbonation is very light at this point, and there's some light oxidation as well. Notes of anise/licorice and rather nice notes at that, blending with the ample dark fruit character. This one really coats the tongue and palate, gunks-up the works, and is exactly the sort of thing I need on a bitter, damp wintery evening. Candy-like sweetness and almost a mint character, too, but very faint. Some nice tannins in the aromatic portion, reminds me of the smell of fallen oak leaves.

Very drinkable... wish I had a couple of these!

This is ultimately a solid effort and definitely worth a try, especially if you live within (or near) the brewery's area of distribution. 2011 Batch ("Barleywine 2011") sampled on 3/12/2013, with much thanks to BA "grancty " (1,271 characters)

3.57/5  rDev -13.6%

A: The beer pours out not unlike sludge, brown and murky in color and decently thick. About a finger or so of white head builds up, but dissipates quickly, and leaves behind only spotty lacing. 3.5

S: The aroma is decently roasty with a large representation of toffee and caramel. Dark fruits and booze also play parts here and there, but the toasted toffee is definitely the focus. 4

T: The taste is actually a bit more muted than I expected. The caramel and dark fruit sweetness is the focus, but the roast rests on the back of the throat, providing balance. I notice the alcohol here and there, but it isn't as offensive as a 10% ABV beer could be. Nothing is really wowing me with this for the style, but it is decently enjoyable. 3.5

MF: Lighter than I expected, with a nice amount of carbonation. The drinkability is only average, as the sweetness and booze got to me after a while. 3

Value: I got this in a trade mainly comprising Hardywood and Troegs beers for various Central Waters specialties. Definitely consider it a good trade after tasting these. 4.5

O: Nice barleywine that should age well, but I don't think I'll go out of my way to try it again. Let's see what putting this baby in bourbon barrels for a while did! 3.5 (1,241 characters)

4.51/5  rDev +9.2%
look: 4 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

12oz bottle poured into a snifter glass. Served around cellar temp. Bottled in November 2012.

A - Smaller off-white head from a gentle pour. Brilliant clarity to the brown beer showing red highlights. Left a nice amount of lacing.

S - Caramel smell fights many delicious aromas here. I've got some toffee and biscuity tones beside a bit of vanilla. Alcohol is in the mix with some faint citrus hops.

T - Caramel malt is in there with a nuttiness early on lending a mild amount of sweetness. Chocolate malt roastiness leeds into a perfect meld of hop bitterness and smooth alcohol warmth. Left with a nice drying effect and vanilla-alcohol presence.

M - Full bodied, medium carbonation, semi-dry.

O - I enjoyed this take on the American Barleywine style. I liked that it wasn't overridden with hops but focused more on balance. The vanilla tones lended great complexity and hops met the alcohol head on. (908 characters)

4.24/5  rDev +2.7%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

2012

Murky red liquid with full frothy beige head. Nice lacing!

Smells light, airy and refreshing. Tons of coconut, pineapple, and maple.

Dry, earthy, complex, well rounded, nice dry bitterness, sweetness is mild, carbonation is a bit too high for the flavors. Creamy, pineapple, fruity, near raspberry flavors, roasty, nutty.

Highly recommended B-wine... Nicely drinkable, especially for the price. (404 characters)

4.36/5  rDev +5.6%
look: 5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

12 oz. bottle (2012 edition) served into a Snifter.

Very dark ruby with a fantastic head that leaves lots of sticky lacing.

Huge roasted malts, caramel, citrus fruit, brown sugar, booze. Nice & sweet. Sticky hops galore.

Heavier bodied. Rich, smooth, and drinkable.

Fantastic. Central Waters is extremely underrated, so much flavor in this one. (350 characters)

4.4/5  rDev +6.5%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

12oz bottle Bottle Date Dec 2012 poured into snifter

A-Beautiful fluffy sticky two finger creamy tan head with great retention and lacing. Rich copper amber in color.

S- Big time malt nose. Sweet caramel, toffee, brown sugar, vanilla with some booziness.

T- Welcomes you in with caramel toffee sweetness and rounds into a nice estery burn. Finishes with nice earthy hoppiness.

M- Full bodied. Creamy and heavy with great consistency and mouth feel. Alcohol lingers and ends with a sticky bitter finish.

O- I am very new to the Barleywine seen, but this is a delicious offering. With a year on this particular bottle things seem to be very well balance. Huge malt sweetness, strong booze and still has a nice hop backbone. Unfortunately, I only have one more bottle in the cellar but hopefully I can get back to the local shop to get some more. Can't wait to see what a few more years of aging would do! Albeit I'm a novice in the barleywine genera, but i highly recommend! (978 characters)

4.06/5  rDev -1.7%
look: 4.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4

A: pours a deep maple brown, with solid full cream white head formation that has a nice lacing. big alcohol legs are seen as you tip the glass from one side to the other,

S: big bourbon, some oak, sweet toffee, mild hints of brown sugar. there is also a big grassy (slightly peat) aspect to this that throws off the sweetness of this brew. i do pick up on a creaminess towards the finish of this brew.

T: big caramel, slight roasted malts, s.slight oak, big creamy vanilla finish and a slight hoppy/peat aspect after taste. the alcohol is dectable, and fits extremeley well with this brew.

M: full bodied brew, that has moderate carbonation. it leaves a nice caramel and vanilla touch on tha palate with a slight dryness from some grassy dhops and a decent alcohol burn. all of this is nicely blended with one another and it integrates nicely with this brew.

O: this is my first offering by CW. and i must say that this is quite nice. i honestly wish the grassy notes were dialed back a bit, because it really starts to come out as the beer approaches room temp (further creating and imbalance). As far as $4$ goes, I think this shoud sit around $15-18 a 4 pk. (i got it for $20). So in my honest opinion, its above its calling card. (1,239 characters)

4.47/5  rDev +8.2%

Central Waters Kosmyk Charlie's Y2K Catastrophe Ale 2012 vintage. Poured from a 12 ounce bottle into a CBS snifter. This was served lightly chilled.

A) This is a nice looking bronze barley wine. There wasn't much head generated on the pour, maybe a half a finger of slightly off-white head, which quickly dissipated to just a thin dusting. Some alcohol legs noted.

S) Sweet sweet malty goodness. A nice aroma of caramel and some light brown sugar. This is intertwined very nicely with some grapefruit, making this a very savory barley wine. Very little alcohol detected on the nose, but it was there... Definitely let this warm-up for maximum enjoyment.

T) The taste on this barley wine really follows the nose very well, so I guess see my comments above. Finishes with just the slightest tingle from the alcohol and really has a wonderful aftertaste.

M) This has a full body and is mildly carbonated. Really the mouthfeel is remarkably smooth. I would say nearly silky. A very light tingle is left on the palate.

O) Really a fantastic barley wine. I found it to be well-balanced and highly enjoyable. I can't recommend this one enough.

Paired with Super Mario Bros Wii-U (1,177 characters)

4.26/5  rDev +3.1%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.25

2011 bottle. Big thank you to the great trader, Steasy66!!

Appearance. Pours a deep caramel-amber with just a little haze and half a finger of off-white head.

Smell. Sweet caramel with a little cherry and light fruits and a slight earthy hop smell.

Taste. Slightly burnt caramel, nice bitter earthy hops, very woody and tannic with just a light sweetness and a hint of that cherry and light fruit that I noticed in the smell.

Mouthfeel. On the slightly lower side of full bodied with medium, velvety smooth carbonation.

Overall. An awesome barleywine. Quite dry with great bitterness, but not overwhealming in the hop flavours. Thanks again Steasy66!! (660 characters)

Kosmyk Charlie's Y2K Catastrophe Ale from Central Waters Brewing Co.