Boddingtons Pub Ale - Boddingtons

awful

Boddingtons visit their website
United Kingdom (England)

English Pale Ale |  4.70% ABV

(Beer added by: Todd on 10-20-2001)
Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Boddingtons Pub Ale Alström Bros

Looks like a doors light meets a Guinness, creamy bright white head and super pale straw color with good clarity. Grainy nose with subtle english hops. Initial thinness up front which gets fuller from the nitrogen. Feels bizarre in the mouth. Straw and caramel sweetness up front. Slightly soapy. Silky. Hop presence is barely noticeable. Nitrogen gives an almost no carbonation feel to a beer that needs one. Some butteryness on the finish.

Gross, flat and bizarre. Im not a fan

I originally sampled this beer on 29 October 2002. I am writing this review from my notes.
This beer is truly awful. It tastes like water with a foamy head. Budweiser has more (and better) flavor than this loser. This is the ultimate drain pour.
If this is the only beer available, seek out water or a soft drink

1.08/5  rDev -66%

Yikes...what is invading my favorite beer glass...ohh its a watered down boring english pale...ughhh..

Not sure why this style exists to be perfectly honest, The only thing that I enjoyed about the brew was the pour. Nitro widget makes this brew have a cascading effect and a super creamy tight head with tons of lacing. I've had bad success with this style, mainly because its rather tatsteless and what does come through is a faint leafy hop profile, and a semi skunked malt backer. Very bland, mouthfeel is medium bodied and creamy.

Notes: I'll pass on this one and I'll pass on "almost" every english pale.

1.08/5  rDev -66%

Appearance is honey colored with a thick and creamy white head. Lots of lacing.

Smell: None.

Taste: Not much. Water and pale malt.

Mouthfeel: Way too light. Buttery??.

Drinkability: Terrible. I can finish almost any beer but not this one. Even tried a second to see if I had a bad can. No carbonation.

1.1/5  rDev -65.4%

1.2/5  rDev -62.3%

My friend brought a 4 pack over to a very drunken game of pool, and really talked this stuff up.The can looked so inviting with its bright yellow color, and the name made me think it was going to taste something like that beer stuff in Harry Potter. It poured with a beautiful bubbly head and from across the room looked very appetizing. As I went over to claim my pint, I thought someone might have shit themselves, when suddenly I realized THE BEER SMELLED LIKE F**KING PUKE!!!! poured it down the drain and then poured wet cement down the drain to make sure it wouldn't come back up. Not sure if maybe they were just ancient stock from Publix or what, but oh god it was terrible...

1.23/5  rDev -61.3%

Don't know what I could add to the other "F" reviews other than to say they are all true.

Poured nicely, foamy head. First red flag was the total lack of carbonation rising from the bottom of my glass.

Second red flag was the first sip. A truly awful experience ... totally flat, foul tasting swill that could only be described as a cross between low-grade malt liquor that was left open all night, and paint remover.

Set my personal record for a drain-pour: 3 sips, then down the drain it went.

I'm now totally convinced that any kind of "nitro-can" beer is a total joke.

1.23/5  rDev -61.3%

I tried this beer from a nitro-can poured into a mug It had a good head about a 1/2 inch thick. Looked great but was all smoke and mirrors. Its like someone got a can and scooped some lake water into a can. This was an awful beer and I wouldn't recommend this to anyone.

Boddingtons Pub Ale from Boddingtons