Boddingtons Pub Ale - Boddingtons

awful

Boddingtons visit their website
United Kingdom (England)

English Pale Ale |  4.70% ABV

(Beer added by: Todd on 10-20-2001)
View: Beers (2) |  Events
Sort by:  Latest | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Boddingtons Pub Ale Alström Bros
JLapadura

Georgia

12-19-2012 02:03:35 | More by ZinFanDave
DogFood11

1.08/5  rDev -66.1%

Yikes...what is invading my favorite beer glass...ohh its a watered down boring english pale...ughhh..

Not sure why this style exists to be perfectly honest, The only thing that I enjoyed about the brew was the pour. Nitro widget makes this brew have a cascading effect and a super creamy tight head with tons of lacing. I've had bad success with this style, mainly because its rather tatsteless and what does come through is a faint leafy hop profile, and a semi skunked malt backer. Very bland, mouthfeel is medium bodied and creamy.

Notes: I'll pass on this one and I'll pass on "almost" every english pale.

04-25-2006 00:16:18 | More by DogFood11
slickmick22

1.08/5  rDev -66.1%

Appearance is honey colored with a thick and creamy white head. Lots of lacing.

Smell: None.

Taste: Not much. Water and pale malt.

Mouthfeel: Way too light. Buttery??.

Drinkability: Terrible. I can finish almost any beer but not this one. Even tried a second to see if I had a bad can. No carbonation.

11-27-2009 04:06:56 | More by slickmick22
PENISBEER

1.2/5  rDev -62.4%

My friend brought a 4 pack over to a very drunken game of pool, and really talked this stuff up.The can looked so inviting with its bright yellow color, and the name made me think it was going to taste something like that beer stuff in Harry Potter. It poured with a beautiful bubbly head and from across the room looked very appetizing. As I went over to claim my pint, I thought someone might have shit themselves, when suddenly I realized THE BEER SMELLED LIKE F**KING PUKE!!!! poured it down the drain and then poured wet cement down the drain to make sure it wouldn't come back up. Not sure if maybe they were just ancient stock from Publix or what, but oh god it was terrible...

07-13-2012 23:12:47 | More by PENISBEER
GeoJ

1.23/5  rDev -61.4%

Don't know what I could add to the other "F" reviews other than to say they are all true.

Poured nicely, foamy head. First red flag was the total lack of carbonation rising from the bottom of my glass.

Second red flag was the first sip. A truly awful experience ... totally flat, foul tasting swill that could only be described as a cross between low-grade malt liquor that was left open all night, and paint remover.

Set my personal record for a drain-pour: 3 sips, then down the drain it went.

I'm now totally convinced that any kind of "nitro-can" beer is a total joke.

06-12-2011 02:42:00 | More by GeoJ
davidvaz

Arizona

1.23/5  rDev -61.4%

I tried this beer from a nitro-can poured into a mug It had a good head about a 1/2 inch thick. Looked great but was all smoke and mirrors. Its like someone got a can and scooped some lake water into a can. This was an awful beer and I wouldn't recommend this to anyone.

01-25-2014 07:03:26 | More by davidvaz

Taera

Thailand

1.3/5  rDev -59.2%

A - Good average looking beer

Smell - Nothing special. Very light smell.

T - Just like water

M - Yh, they talk about how smooth it is and i won't disagagree. It is really smooth. Like a glass of plain water

D - Who the hell will drink this again. It is a glass of water with alcohol and yellow colour.

Note: I really hate this beer and I wouldn't advise anyone to drink it.

02-22-2011 19:16:44 | More by Taera
ibashmuck

Wisconsin

1.35/5  rDev -57.7%

Purchased as part of "build-your-own-six-pack" at local grocer. Medium thick foamy head on a medium amber body. Smelled of cheap, flat wine, with the taste being about the same. Just not pleasant in any fashion. This was my first "nitro" can, and if this is what I can expect from them all, I'll pass.

07-13-2008 05:07:57 | More by ibashmuck
appenzeller

Washington

1.38/5  rDev -56.7%

Never heard of this so I picked one up off the shelf at a local shop. A quick look at my reviews will show the reader that I'm typically a pretty generous scorer on this site. This beer gets my first "F." Simply disgusting, I took at small sip of this and the rest went down the drain. The can in which this beer was shipped looks a bit like motor oil, the taste lived up to the billing, or at least a highly watered-down version of the same. It's astonishing to me that this beer was shipped 6 thousand miles when I would have had a much more satisfying experience drinking the local tap water.

08-03-2010 07:18:50 | More by appenzeller
MistahBeah

1.38/5  rDev -56.7%

All this gets in my book is points for appearance. You should probably open this over a sink. Good clear honey brown with a permanent dense foamy head.
From there it becomes an extremely one dimensional beer. Not much aroma. Pale malts and a little honey sweetness. The taste is virtually nonexistent and leaves a metallic aftertaste. Other than the thick creamy head this feels flat and watery. Wouldn't get again

05-17-2013 03:21:28 | More by MistahBeah
Landfill21

1.45/5  rDev -54.5%

Had this beverage on tap at the local irish pub. Poured into a pint glass and left a two finger white head that leaves lace and lasts for the duration.

Has a less than aromatic smell and the has a bitter metallic taste. I did chug it down but near painful at the end. I would not recomend this beer.

01-17-2011 03:13:16 | More by Landfill21
Vidav

Montana

1.45/5  rDev -54.5%

Can tried to explode all over when I first opened it. The appearance was nice with a really creamy head. However the taste was almost nonexistent. I don't know if it was just my can or what but it was like drinking carbonated water. The flavor was just not there. The one thing I really did enjoy about this was the creamy head. I don't know that I have experienced anything quite the same. The fact that the head stuck around the whole time was nice too.

Overall I honestly think I would rather drink a PBR or High Life and for me that's saying something. Just not something enjoyable in this can. I would be willing to give it a try on tap though.

08-02-2009 22:34:58 | More by Vidav