Boddingtons Pub Ale - Boddingtons

awful

Boddingtons visit their website
United Kingdom (England)

English Pale Ale |  4.70% ABV

(Beer added by: Todd on 10-20-2001)
Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Boddingtons Pub Ale Alström Bros
1.25/5  rDev -60.7%

1.25/5  rDev -60.7%

1.3/5  rDev -59.1%

A - Good average looking beer

Smell - Nothing special. Very light smell.

T - Just like water

M - Yh, they talk about how smooth it is and i won't disagagree. It is really smooth. Like a glass of plain water

D - Who the hell will drink this again. It is a glass of water with alcohol and yellow colour.

Note: I really hate this beer and I wouldn't advise anyone to drink it.

1.35/5  rDev -57.5%

Purchased as part of "build-your-own-six-pack" at local grocer. Medium thick foamy head on a medium amber body. Smelled of cheap, flat wine, with the taste being about the same. Just not pleasant in any fashion. This was my first "nitro" can, and if this is what I can expect from them all, I'll pass.

1.38/5  rDev -56.6%

Never heard of this so I picked one up off the shelf at a local shop. A quick look at my reviews will show the reader that I'm typically a pretty generous scorer on this site. This beer gets my first "F." Simply disgusting, I took at small sip of this and the rest went down the drain. The can in which this beer was shipped looks a bit like motor oil, the taste lived up to the billing, or at least a highly watered-down version of the same. It's astonishing to me that this beer was shipped 6 thousand miles when I would have had a much more satisfying experience drinking the local tap water.

1.38/5  rDev -56.6%

All this gets in my book is points for appearance. You should probably open this over a sink. Good clear honey brown with a permanent dense foamy head.
From there it becomes an extremely one dimensional beer. Not much aroma. Pale malts and a little honey sweetness. The taste is virtually nonexistent and leaves a metallic aftertaste. Other than the thick creamy head this feels flat and watery. Wouldn't get again

1.45/5  rDev -54.4%

Had this beverage on tap at the local irish pub. Poured into a pint glass and left a two finger white head that leaves lace and lasts for the duration.

Has a less than aromatic smell and the has a bitter metallic taste. I did chug it down but near painful at the end. I would not recomend this beer.

1.45/5  rDev -54.4%

Can tried to explode all over when I first opened it. The appearance was nice with a really creamy head. However the taste was almost nonexistent. I don't know if it was just my can or what but it was like drinking carbonated water. The flavor was just not there. The one thing I really did enjoy about this was the creamy head. I don't know that I have experienced anything quite the same. The fact that the head stuck around the whole time was nice too.

Overall I honestly think I would rather drink a PBR or High Life and for me that's saying something. Just not something enjoyable in this can. I would be willing to give it a try on tap though.

1.5/5  rDev -52.8%

1pt can. Pours golden-amber in color with a huge, fast disappearing white head. Aroma of stale bread, yeast with some earthy hops and spoiled fruit in the background. Thin body. Flavor was bitter, earthy hops that produced stale, skunky aftertaste. Terrible beer that went into a sink.

Boddingtons Pub Ale from Boddingtons