Blueberry Classic Bitter - Coach House Brewing Company Ltd.

Blueberry Classic Bitter
No picture uploaded.

Coach House Brewing Company Ltd. visit their website
United Kingdom (England)

Fruit / Vegetable Beer |  5.00% ABV

(Beer added by: ADZA on 07-18-2009)
Reviews by soulgrowl:
1.8/5  rDev -33.6%

A part of me hoped this would have a blueish/purpley tinge to it. It doesn't. But it is a good looking beer, golden topped with solid white.

The smell is disgusting. Really, really bad. I'm not sure if they had the whole 'blue raspberry' fad in the UK, but that's what this smells like – sharp, soapy, artificially concocted generic berry flavoring with a hint of pomegranate molasses. Really, really bad.

The flavor, thank god, is way more subdued than the nose led me to expect. I thought this would be a drain pour. It isn't. But only just. That artificial berry thing is still there, sitting awkwardly next to what might have been a perfectly enjoyable bitter – wholegrain biscuit-like malts and lightly lemony hops. At best, this can be described as tasting like a blueberry yogurt cereal bar. At worst, it's like someone dropped a Ring Pop in my shandy.

Bad, bad, bad.

soulgrowl, Apr 30, 2013
2.83/5  rDev +4.4%

A beautiful sunny afternoon on Friday 7th September 2012 saw my father and I join in R.A.T.2012 (Rail Ale Trail part 2). Split between three bars along the Wolverhampton to Shrewsbury railway line: they had over 50 different cask beers to try: this was one of them.

Half-pint, gravity fed in the fest tent behind ‘The Odfellows’ in Shifnal. I was keen to see if it was the same beer I had in the bottle back in Nov 2010. If anything it was sweeter than I remember and maybe even paler too. No improvement in my eyes, almost interesting but too sweet and lacking in body depth for me.

BlackHaddock, Sep 17, 2012
2.69/5  rDev -0.7%

Smells like candy floss. Fruit. Love hearts. Ripe kiwi fruit (or blueberries?).

Sweet, sweet, sweet! Is this really a bitter? Sickly but somehow tasty.

Alco pop for CAMRA. A really difficult one to get my head around. Very different. I really did not know how to score this.

vinicole, Aug 30, 2013

I'm not a huge fan of blueberries

I tried a blueberry liquorice bar and it inspired me to give this a try.

The beer aspects are very hard to determine, taste and aroma are absolutely steamrollered by blue berry making this very hard to judge and label as a beer, really.

Someone somewhere is going to be totally enamoured by this, just not me,way too sickly, just about drinkable and barely enjoyable for me.

EmperorBevis, Jul 12, 2012
3.25/5  rDev +19.9%

This beer pours a beautiful golden clear see thru colour which is very lively carbonated and leaves a nice frothy,creamy two finger head with lots of little bubbles in the head and heaps of nice sticky lacing all down the glass,on the smell side of things the aromas of fresh blueberries totally domainates with maybe a feint hoppiness aswell but thats it,the taste is abit of a let down it has a very thin mouthfeel almost like like a sweet pilsner with a hint of some blueberry notes as you would expect and a little hoppy edge to it but not much at all and i definately dont find it bitter at all i think maybe the blueberries have alot to do with that so id say if you dont like blueberries leave this beer right alone but if you do your in for a treat.

ADZA, Jul 18, 2009
Blueberry Classic Bitter from Coach House Brewing Company Ltd.
- out of 100 based on 5 ratings.