Follow our progress ...

Added by Bierman9 on 03-31-2002

firstprev| 126-150 | 151-175 | 176-200  | next → last
Reviews: 177 | Ratings: 250
2.53/5  rDev -32.4%

This beer pours a deep, clear brown (so much for the 'schwarz', I suppose) with a thin bone white head on top. Aroma is a bunch of adjuncts and a slight sweetness.

The taste is more of the same. Adjuncts, sweetness, and a touch of caramel. To be honest it tasted like your generic Euro Lager (think Beck's) in dark form. No thanks. I'm a big fan of schwarzbiers, but this one was a let down. Mouthfeel was light and carbonated. This could be a session beer if you wanted it to be, but to be honest, I was good with one. Wouldn't go back to this one.

2.2/5  rDev -41.2%

Appearance - Heavy brown color that poured a very small amount of head.

Smell - Slightly bitter malts on the nose with a touch of caramel.

Taste - I'm left wondering where everything went. I taste a bit of cocoa, and a little bit of maltiness... But it tastes very thin.

Mouthfeel - On that note, this has a very thin body with too little carbonation.

Drinkability - I'm thinking I got a bad bottle, because this is reminding me nothing of the rest of the reviews. I will need to try another bottle of this to make sure, but its not a keeper based on this one bottle.

firstprev| 126-150 | 151-175 | 176-200  | next → last