Already subscribe? to manage your subscription.

Einbecker Schwarzbier - Einbecker Brauhaus AG

Einbecker SchwarzbierEinbecker Schwarzbier

good

Einbecker Brauhaus AG visit their website
Germany

Schwarzbier |  4.90% ABV

Beer added by: Bierman9 on 03-31-2002

Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Einbecker Schwarzbier Alström Bros
firstprev| 126-150 | 151-175 | 176-200  | next → last
4.85/5  rDev +30.7%

I'm throwing up a review here, as this is a long time (#1) favorite that gets little of the attention it deserves.

I got turned onto this when I was first trying German brews, starting with Einbecker's Bock, Ur-Bock, and Mai-Ur Bock. It became apparent that I liked these dark smooth drinks, and the Shwarzbier was the obvious next step.

Describing this in comparison to a Bock, I feel it is more black than brown in color and smoother drinking than most. As a Shwarzbier, it has the crispest taste I have yet to find in the style, and it is very refreshing to have with a meal, in the movie theatre, or on the porch on a summer day.

I am often too eager to drink this to pour it into a glass, but it pours smooth with little head when cold, and looks attractive in any glass I've chosen. Out of the bottle it is tasty and smooth, and I noticed that it doesn't take on an entirely new flavor when it warms up, it simply loses a little crispness.

This is a great beer in a classy package and is usually the first I recommend to someone looking to get into German brew styles. That said, I recently suggested it to a friend who was very familiar with Shwarzbiers and Bocks, and even works in "Beers of the World" (ROC, NY). He had never tried it before, but now he has righted his ways and is a big fan.

cheers! (1,319 characters)