Wells Banana Bread Beer - Wells & Young's Ltd

Fruit / Vegetable Beer |  5.20% ABV

Beer added by: rastaman on 08-15-2002

Ratings: 2,755 | Reviews: 888
4.81/5  rDev +37%
look: 4.75 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

Wow, very good beer. Must have.

4.77/5  rDev +35.9%
look: 4.5 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

Great taste, not hoppy. Smells great

4.12/5  rDev +17.4%

Exactly what you want from a flavoured beer

4.68/5  rDev +33.3%

Tastes strongly of bananas which is exactly what I wanted.

4.42/5  rDev +25.9%

Exactly what should be expected when getting a flavored beer. Very good.

3.42/5  rDev -2.6%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.5

I don't know why I like this but I do.

4.05/5  rDev +15.4%

Surprisingly enjoyable. Could use a tiny bit more sweetness, but it stays true to its name in its flavor. Was worried it would just taste like banana flavoring, but there is actually a wholesome bready-ness to it as well.

3.61/5  rDev +2.8%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.5

Interesting but Good banana bread taste

4.31/5  rDev +22.8%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

Great craft beer. Amazing with chocolate stout blend

4.58/5  rDev +30.5%
look: 3.5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 5 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.75

I enjoyed this beer. It pours with good head retention. The smell is sweet with strong nots of banana. The taste is smooth and the banana are obvious on the palate. Feel is slightly carbonated to my opinion but leaves only sweet tones for after taste. Will be getting this again!

2.52/5  rDev -28.2%
look: 3.5 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Not a fan of fruit beers to begin with. This had too much banana, but I can't imagine any banana flavor being a positive in a beer.

4.66/5  rDev +32.8%
look: 2.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 5 | feel: 5 | overall: 4.25

Has a strong Banana taste, but not overwhelming

3.66/5  rDev +4.3%
look: 4.25 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.5

Decent but I was expecting something a bit heavier, with a better head. The beer almost has to be taken by itself, not even a pretzel, because the banana flavor is so delicate. I enjoyed trying it, but I'll not likely buy again.

4.45/5  rDev +26.8%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.25

Newly introduced in the local market

4.69/5  rDev +33.6%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

Loved this beer the banana flavour made it special

4.97/5  rDev +41.6%

I simply love this beer, its like drinking dessert

3.18/5  rDev -9.4%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.25

Pours a nice amber brown with a head that fades quickly with minimal lacing. Smells exactly how it sounds: banana bread and British ale. Tastes like banana bread (duh). The banana hits you up front and the finish is somewhat lacking. I find the banana to taste a lot like those yellow banana popsicles you grow up eating as a kid. I wish it was thicker or creamier but then you might lose some accessability. Decent unique brew. Would have again.

3.56/5  rDev +1.4%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

A strong smell of banana bread on the nose that was slighty more subdued on the palate. It definitely has a lingering mouthfeel that emphasizes the banana bread experience.

4.38/5  rDev +24.8%
look: 4.25 | smell: 5 | taste: 4 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

Goes down smooth, and has a nice hint of banana flavor throughout. The taste is robust and refreshing. This beer kicks into gear right away and I would recommend it to anyone and would purchase it again for myself. It has a slight bitter taste so most chicks wouldn't dig it, however I don't mind this flavor one bit at all! It comes in a 500 ml bottle so it won't leave me too much more room to rate any other beers tonight but thats ok with me. This is a nice beer. I have a British heritage however, so I have a slightly biased opinion ;)

2.32/5  rDev -33.9%

Very week taste, taste like a flavored miller sorry but being honest.

4.54/5  rDev +29.3%

Great beer for trying something new!

3.53/5  rDev +0.6%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.5

This beer is good, but hard to get through an entire bottle. The uniqueness of the Banana taste wares off and it is a good beer, but nothing great.

4.5/5  rDev +28.2%

I picked this one up at my grocery store. It was expensive but am glad I didn't let the price keep me from picking it up. This beer was much more pleasant than most people (dis)credited it for. This beer was not bitter at all despite other comments I've read about this one. I did experience the banana flavor both in the taste and aroma of this brew. It has a very smooth, well balanced, satisfyingly sweet taste and best of all it didn't leave me feeling woozy or tipsy, at least not yet. Although I've had even better fruit beers in Montana, this is certainly of the better ones you could savor. The current BA Score of this beer at the time of my review is 79, a pity as this is much better than others on here which are highly overrated. As far as the aftertaste goes, no issues as of yet. Would I buy this English brew again? Yes indeed. It's a winner.

3.5/5  rDev -0.3%

Not really a banana bomb, but it is easy drinking and finishes like eating a banana peel.

Just the right amount of banana flavour, lovely banoffee flavour at the end too. Very nice

Wells Banana Bread Beer from Wells & Young's Ltd