Crazy Ed's Cave Creek Chili Beer - Chili Beer Co.

Crazy Ed's Cave Creek Chili BeerCrazy Ed's Cave Creek Chili Beer

awful

Chili Beer Co. visit their website
Arizona, United States

Chile Beer |  4.20% ABV

(Beer added by: taez555 on 02-04-2002)

Knobs303, Aug 21, 2014

richobrien, Aug 15, 2014

Sellen, Aug 07, 2014

xJMFCx, May 31, 2014

Durandal_777, Apr 30, 2014
1.04/5  rDev -37.7%

This stuff had to be the worst beer I have ever tasted. No redeeming flavor, the only thing I recall was that it was hot (which in and of itself would be fine) and was pure dreck.

My first true drain pour.

I tasted this a couple of years ago at least, and had written some brief notes about it.

wiseguywood, Apr 04, 2014

DaveMiller, Mar 29, 2014

camartin27, Dec 07, 2013

srgj88, Dec 06, 2013

mjw1200, Dec 06, 2013

thedifferencemaker, Nov 27, 2013
3.63/5  rDev +117.4%

sorry, but I love this sh*t. I wont session this. nor do I inted to drink this early on in my session, but this is an awesome dessert beer. reference all the breweries who are competing for the hottest beer competition.... you don't have to like it. but I do. cave creek, however, is not producing the best chile beer around, but it DOES provide a chile in every beer, which is kind of cool. it's not intended to supplant your favorite stout or ipa, but, rather, it IS an interesting aside to most beers produced and I appreciate it.
take it or leave it. I enjoy it. just like I enjoy sushi ever once in awhile....

pkalix, Nov 03, 2013

Hopheadjeffery, Dec 22, 2012
2.5/5  rDev +49.7%

cliff1066, Dec 17, 2012
1.03/5  rDev -38.3%

I cannot remember who sent me this, who ever you were.... screw you.

This looks like beer in the most generic sense. Yellow and yellow. There is nothing but yellow. There is no head, no lacing, no appeal. I am not sure why I did not stop right here.

The aroma is atrocious. All adjunct lager and hot sauce in the nose.

This beer seriously tastes like how Taco Bell feels coming out. I apologize for churching it up a bit, it is really much worse than that. Unobstructed chili flavor and heat. There is absolutely nothing desirable about this beer.

All my mouth feels is hot. I can say that it is light bodied, that is about as detailed I can get.

I will readily admit that this review was written based off a very small sample. I feel comfortable writing this review because I am positive it was not going to get any better, in fact I am sure it would have only gotten worse. This is not a beer, this is torture. Screw water boarding, make me drink this and I will tell you everything. Since it is the night before Thanksgiving I feel like I should end on a positive note. I am thankful I never have to drink this again.

kzoobrew, Nov 22, 2012

t0rin0, Sep 10, 2012

I first had this beer probably 13 years ago...I still wake in a cold sweat from the occasional nightmares that accompany the PTSD from that fateful night.

I remember it all so clearly. A weak, flat, pale beer...an eye-watering fermented pepper smell...

And then the taste. Oh, that terrible, terrible taste. I've never had a beer that appeared to have been intentionally made this bad. And that includes that terrible concoction of Bud Light & Clamato juice.

And it doesn't go away, the taste. It burns, and not in a good way. Try as many other beers as you want, nothing will wash your palate of this awful sin.

Over a decade later, and I regularly suffer from Class 3 heart-burn. I'm relatively certain I can trace it back to this beer.

TrackZero, Aug 28, 2012

Magery, Jul 31, 2012

Hanzo, Jun 19, 2012

avisong, Apr 06, 2012
Crazy Ed's Cave Creek Chili Beer from Chili Beer Co.