Crazy Ed's Cave Creek Chili Beer - Chili Beer Co.

Crazy Ed's Cave Creek Chili BeerCrazy Ed's Cave Creek Chili Beer

awful

Chili Beer Co. visit their website
Arizona, United States

Chile Beer |  4.20% ABV

(Beer added by: taez555 on 02-04-2002)

Laughing uncrontrolably,

5 minutes of this now. THis is a joKE.

lol!

good one.

This is like black jack gum. ha. Evil trick.

SHould be sold at spencer's gifts.

THis is the first time I've ever had trouble writing 250 words.

I'm still laughing.

My friend G likes it a lot and is bitching at me because I don' tthink it's beer.

Ha. This is a joke!

DaPeculierDane, Sep 25, 2005

Having no idea where it came from, and having appeared as if by the dark magics of some hellish evil intent not on killing me, but utterly destroying any hope and peace in my soul, I am convinced that this was sent to me by none other than the Lord of Darkness himself. His evil task may have been accomplished.
There's a chili in here. Cool, right? No. Cue Admiral Ackbar: "It's a trap!" Looks like liquid gold, though. Maybe it is; that would explain what it did to my bowels. But that's a story for another time. And the head...wait. I couldn't quite catch it before it decided it couldn't abide this brew. Bad news.
There's chili in here, right? Well, I can almost tell by smelling it. What is that really, though? Vegetables...tomatoes? Oh...there's the chili pepper. That it could hide and then hit so strong seems an omen of dark things to come. This smells and looks like a Mexican dish pit worker needed a place to defecate and somehow, by the powerful magics Mexicans possess as a people, managed to squeeze one in here with his remarkable anal agility. He then poured some dish water in here along with a little floor cleaner. Oh yeah, and he still had to pee and was severely dehydrated...if you get the drift.
The taste...the stuff of nightmares. Parents tell their children that if they don't go to sleep, Crazy Ed's Cave Creek Chili Beer will find them...and there will be no mercy. Flavorless hot sauce with only heat (I cannot emphasize enough that there's no chili flavor, just heat...) is poured into a mixture of the worst, flattest, most despicable attempt at beer ever made, along with urine, the souls of children, and a mixture of dead kittens and my shattered hopes and dreams. My insides hurt. One sip was enough for the destruction to begin. I'm usually a trooper, but this was poured after three sips, each one by which I lived a lifetime in Hell only to swig another. Between drinking this and watching this:

while being slowly digested inside the fat folds of a sexually ambitious 1,500 pound man, I'm going with the latter.
The mouthfeel: suffering. It burned, and it was like drinking a sacrificial mixture of baby's blood, castor oil, liver oils, and wicked intentions to Molech. My bowels burn with unquenchable fire. The flame reaches through my innards to reach my soul, and it has claimed me.

So...three reconstructive surgeries later, and being a mere shadow of the man I was once was, devoid of the very semblance of humanity, let me speak to the apologists: No, this is not a good beere if you're just looking for something with heat. It is not "a good chili flavor in a crappy beer." It is a soul-destroying abomination. Take it away!
Drinkability of 2 for satanists, occultists, and those without souls.

Edit: "Drinkability" has been changed to "Overall?" DOWN TO 1!

Brenden, Sep 04, 2009

InfernoBoss, Dec 04, 2011

A - Cool clear bottle with a giant pepper inside. No head at all, no lacing either. This is golden hued and clear...I left the pepper in the bottle. I'm rating this based on the appearance of the beer in a glass, not based on the novelty of a pepper in the bottle...that obviously boosts the visual appeal a little bit.

S - Smells like a big hot platter of assorted Mexican foods. Does not smell like beer at all. Kind of like a freshly opened jar of spicy salsa.

T - WHOOO SHIT! This sucks! This is bottled...(gulp of milk).... liquid ... (gulp of milk) ....PAIN.

M - Painful.

D - Never again. Unless you are one of those bizarre people who calls themselves a "pepperhead," avoid this at all costs.

pmcadamis, Apr 10, 2007

avisong, Apr 06, 2012

This beer has been sticking in my mind for several years now. Bought a bottle of it thinking "how cool". Well I should have thought "how hot." This beer is just undrinkable. I winced with every gulp, finally just pouring it down the drain. Although I sometimes want a case of this to play an evil prank on a frat or some other non-suspecting macro drunks. Could you imagine funneling this crap?

bewareOFpenguin, Nov 19, 2002

12oz bottle into nonic. Chili floating in the bottle.

Crystal clear with a head that fizzes away in a second.

Nothing but chili in the aroma.

I can't taste anything because my taste buds have been acid-burned off. To quote Ralph, "It tastes like... burning!" Watery, carbonated. The finish is lingering burning.

This has to be the worst thing I have ever put in my mouth. There must be varying versions of this beer, because I can't finish this. There is no way anybody could finish this bottle. I read reviews where people drank the whole thing, but not this one. No, sir. However, after my experience, I would say try one, just to say you did.

BeerSox, Jul 28, 2008

HungarianCount, Nov 28, 2011

A - Light clear gold with a very thin, almost non-existing white head. No lacing, and of course there is a pepper floating around (I didn't pour it in the glass, but honestly it probably wouldn't matter).

S - Searing jalapeño juice and tabasco sauce. A number of other peppery smells. Hint of corn adjunct lager. Actually if you are looking for a very peppery chile beer, this might be a decent smelling beer.

T - Light dull tasting corn lager is the underlying base. This is always in the background. Upfront is the strong jalapeño juice and tabasco sauce. Pretty hot and spicy, but not bad or unbearable; however definitely not good or enjoyable.

M - Light and fizzy with lots of carbonation. Hot and tingly presence throughout the mouth that linger more than I wish it would.

D - I struggled to finish this one. After the first couple of sips, the novelty wore off and I was stuck with something I didn't really want to drink. Unfortunately, this is not one to chug, so I was stuck with it for a while.

Notes: I would say it is worth trying once just to see how bad it is and as a novelty drink. Even without all the pepper taste this would be a bad beer. This is not just a bad beer, it is an offensive one. The kind of beer that takes your mother out to dinner, shows her a good time, and never calls again. I have a policy of no drain pours, this beer tested that policy and stretched to the limit. Oh and if you are drinking this beer, you might as well eat the pepper, as it is probably the least offensive part, and lost essentially all of its heat so it is a slightly waxy, pulpy shell of a jalapeño.

FreshHawk, Aug 13, 2010

I can usually find redeeming qualities in most bad beers, but this is far and away the worst beer I have ever rated. I would not choose this punishment for my worst enemies.

Appearance - No hint of bubbles, going flat immediately out of the bottle, with bits of pepper and seeds floating, discoloring the beer.

Smell - Creates an immediate aversion reaction, similar to when you put your nose over an open bottle of habenero sauce.

Taste - The very first sips are mildly interesting, though in much the same way as if you were to take a sip of tobasco sauce. The novelty quickly fades.

Mouthfeel - Like water with chunks in it.

Drinkability - The only beer ever that I have not been able to finish.

nafnikufesin, Jul 28, 2007

I took a whiff of this one right after I popped the cap and I was not looking forward to it (the bloated chili pepper in the bottle wasn't that appealing either). The smell stayed pretty much the same even after I poured it into a glass: a heavy chili pepper aroma (aroma is too nice of a word, really) with that grainy macro-lager smell as well. The color poured a dull amber and there was barely any head and no remaining lace. One sip of this and I was out of commission; the rest of this beer went right down the drain. The chili pepper taste overpowers every other flavor, so much so that I can’t tell ya anything else about the beer. One little taste and I had to drink some water just to avoid passing out; it wasn’t just unpleasantly spicy, the pepper taste was unbearable.

This is THE worst beer I have ever had and I’ve sampled some pretty rotten brews. It was like drinking straight chili juice. Now, in all fairness, I have had this one sitting in my beer fridge since sometime in the summer, so maybe that’s why the chili pepper taste was so strong, but really, I can’t imagine a fresher example being too much better. I had read the reviews here on the site a while ago, so I knew what I was getting into, but I picked up a single of this for the same reason you might rent a movie that EVERYONE has told you is just horrible; you know it’s going to be bad, but ya just have to see HOW bad for yourself. Anyway, I would avoid this one at all costs, unless you’re looking to try a novelty beer, in which case, this is as “novel” as it gets!

arguemaniac, Nov 28, 2005

Knobs303, Aug 21, 2014

Well, it actually happened... a beer that I found worse than my previous low, Adelscott. I didn't think it was possible, but this one broke all the barriers.

It was a sickly yellow color with no head to speak of, very little carbonation in general. The chili pepper had swollen so it was stuck in the bottle.

The aroma was horrible. It was skunky and acidic, with a definite chili pepper presence in a combination that was not appealing. Still, I had been given it at a friend's house, so I thought I should at least taste it.

That was a mistake. The flavor was ghastly. It was bitter and hot, and not much else. Some of the skunkiness did make it through, though. This was one I had to take two sips of... the second because I could not believe how bad the first one tasted.

This would have been it, right down the drain, but my brother-in-law wanted to try it too. He found it just as bad... but not wanting to waste it, he found that if he cut it 50/50 with Miller Lite, it improved it enough to choke it down.

I can only describe this beer as a cruel joke. Don't play it on a friend... be careful even playing it on someone you don't like.

connecticutpoet, Jul 01, 2004

Hopheadjeffery, Dec 22, 2012

Ben is too kind, after more than 1000 beers this is easily the worst beer I have ever had. It is a beer by label only, if there was a lower rating like zero it would have gotten it. Comes in a clear bottle so you can see the chili pepper, can you say pasteurized cow piss - not worth the $1.25.

jdhilt, Mar 26, 2002

Looks like urine. Smells like stagnant urine. Tastes like burning. Wow, I can't believe I tried this. I had serious doubts when I smelled it, but luckily (I guess) the taste is quite different than the smell. Not better, but different. This is basically spicy piss.

PatYoda, Jun 24, 2005

I first had this beer probably 13 years ago...I still wake in a cold sweat from the occasional nightmares that accompany the PTSD from that fateful night.

I remember it all so clearly. A weak, flat, pale beer...an eye-watering fermented pepper smell...

And then the taste. Oh, that terrible, terrible taste. I've never had a beer that appeared to have been intentionally made this bad. And that includes that terrible concoction of Bud Light & Clamato juice.

And it doesn't go away, the taste. It burns, and not in a good way. Try as many other beers as you want, nothing will wash your palate of this awful sin.

Over a decade later, and I regularly suffer from Class 3 heart-burn. I'm relatively certain I can trace it back to this beer.

TrackZero, Aug 28, 2012

A friend of a friend brought this to a party.

A - Poured out a golden yellow color with a small, short-lived head. No lace at all.

S - Smelled of corn and chilies

T - It was incredibly hot. All I could taste is hot chilis.

M - It burned my mouth. AND I like hot foods.

D - Awful!! I needed something to wash it down/put out the fire. Unbelieveable! Too hot. It is like the hottest wings at Buffalo Wild Wings except that those at least taste somewhat good.

zeff80, May 03, 2007

11/02/04- Purchased at Jackson's Wine and Spirit in Lafayette, CA

*note-beer consumed earlier this year. Notes from memory.

Appearance- Urine-yellow colored water pours with zero head and zero lace. The only thing keeping this beer from getting 1's all the way down is the novelty of a pepper stuck in the neck of the bottle.
Even if it was a murky brown colored pepper that looks like a dog turd..

Smell- A horrid pungent spicy scent. I think I scorched my nostril hair. Wish so much that I hadn't taken a sip of this beer.

Taste- First of all, I love spicy Mexican food. Possibly my favorite type of food next to Chinese. Anyway, spicy is a good thing. Apparently only in food though as I found out. After one gulp I almost hurled my dinner into the sink. The most revolting, foul, vile, repugnant, feces encrusted monstrosity created. Basically carbonated water with extra hot sauce mixed together. I don't know why but I took another sip just to make sure and gagged again. The rest got dumped so quickly.

Mouthfeel- Tongue is on FIRE! Mouth is on FIRE! Esophugus is on FIRE! Stomach is on FIRE! Lower GI tract is on fire! Five minutes later, toilet needs to be cleaned by a haz-mat team with full toxic gear on. You get the picture.

Drinkability- Not drinkable. An excelent beer to get back at an enemy. That is the only way I can see Crazy Ed making any kind of money on this beer. How is he making a profit?!? The worst beer in the entire galaxy including any planets yet to be discovered. I tasted my own urine when I was like 5 and remember the taste. It was pretty damn bad. Crazy Ed's makes my urine taste like the best Westy 12 you ever had. Damn you pepper in the bottle!!!! Now I can't ever rate a beer worse than 1.1 !!!!

11/10/04---revision!

After thinking about it. Just because there is a pepper in the bottle doesn't mean the appearance is any better. After reading a fellow BA's review, he thought the pepper should be rated under "creativity". I would have to agree. Since there is no creativity, this beer gets a big fat zero! I feel so better about myself now.

GClarkage, Nov 03, 2004

It's not often that I can't even gag down a beer. This one was horrible. Yes they scored huge on creativity, but that is not an option here. A urine looking beverage, that I wouldn't even beginn to call a beer. There was no head at all. There was really no taste, the burning killed whatever taste this could ever have, but I'm guessing that is the point. This was a failure.

CBFanWish, Nov 04, 2003

Exiled, Nov 26, 2011

I'll start off by saying that yes, i was influenced by other BAs opinions of this before i tried it. Many have regarded it as the worst beer in the world, i can now safely say i agree.

My friend brought 5 of these over after her dad made it through one and got a bout of the heartburn. We now have 4 left and will be distributing them to various poor-souls as jokes.

The taste of this beer is like rancid hot sauce. The appearance is so ghastly just the thought of it makes me almost pass out. The drinkability is so fucking poor i tried to give it negative 5 but 1 was as low as it goes. I had 3 sips and almost passed on to the afterlife.

To summerize, given the choice between just smelling this beer again or consuming 2 pints of industrial strenghth elephant poison i would in a heartbeat take the latter. Only buy this as a cruel joke, but dont expect the poor sap to get through more than a couple swigs.

Tballz420, May 13, 2004

camartin27, Dec 07, 2013

12packpoet, Jan 29, 2012

kenzak, Nov 16, 2011
Crazy Ed's Cave Creek Chili Beer from Chili Beer Co.