Crazy Ed's Cave Creek Chili Beer - Chili Beer Co.

Crazy Ed's Cave Creek Chili BeerCrazy Ed's Cave Creek Chili Beer

awful

Chili Beer Co. visit their website
Arizona, United States

Chile Beer |  4.20% ABV

(Beer added by: taez555 on 02-04-2002)
1.75/5  rDev +4.8%

TheBigBoy, Apr 03, 2012

ehsteve, Feb 12, 2012

12packpoet, Jan 29, 2012

DrNo, Jan 22, 2012
1.5/5  rDev -10.2%

cdwil, Dec 28, 2011
3.1/5  rDev +85.6%

a: clear golden yellow with a quarter inch of white head that rather quickly disappears.

s: chile pepper mostly with a slight hint of grains in the background.

t: straight chile pepper.

m: thin and watery. very little carbonation.

o: surprised by this beer, i thought from the reviews that this would be horrible, but it tastes and smells like chile's so they nailed it for the style. not something i could drink more than one of in a sitting, but will definitely warm you up on a cold day. think i will buy more to age.

match1112, Dec 18, 2011

kenzak, Nov 16, 2011

jl28r1, Nov 14, 2011

GeezLynn, Nov 14, 2011
2.55/5  rDev +52.7%

yes i know,why did i drink this beer.

the beer itself is recycled Carta Blanca that's harvested from various urinals across Tijuana.

it will burn your face off and thats what leads me to why i sometimes buy it....

the pepper tastes excellent! It's extremely spicy and moderately pickled by the beer. all the flavor of the beer is in it.

If you like heat,try the pepper after you pour the beer out.

netrioter, Oct 24, 2011
1.25/5  rDev -25.1%

From 09/23/11 notes. Decided to go with the #2 beer on the Bottom of the Barrel list for my 1500th review. I've had this bottle for a while and never wanted to drink it, but figured what the hell. Poured from a 12 oz. bottle into a snifter.

a - Pours a clear yellow color with one inch of white head and moderate carbonation evident. Kind of looks like a macro adjunct lager; not that great.

s - Smells of chili's, pepper, spices, grain, and bready malts. Lots of spice and pepper, mixed with some adjunct lager smell.

t - Tastes of hot chili peppers, grain, a tiny bit skunked, spices, black pepper. As expected peppers dominate and there is a horrible spicey pepper aftertaste. Really bad, one of the worst and undrinkable beers I've had.

m - Light body and moderate carbonation. Heat from the peppers make this pretty bad.

o - Overall a really bad beer, and in my opinion, should be in the running for #1. This beer makes Bud Light seem like a great beer, but what can you expect from a beer with a huge chili pepper sitting in the bottom of the bottle. Would never seek out again.

mdfb79, Sep 24, 2011
2.65/5  rDev +58.7%

Notes from 6/7/11

Pours a golden yellow. I was thinking 2 for an appearance grade, but I bumped it up to 3 because of the chili that is present in the beer!

Not much happening in the scent, I don't know what is happening here.

The taste is decent if you are looking for a biting cinnamon candy like spice. The sting lingers for a while so don't expect to taste another beer right after drinking this.

Extra points for the feel in terms of the tongue sting.

I really don't think this is a bottom of the barrel beer especially if you are looking for a pairing with jalapeno topped nachos or spicy Mexican food. If you are after a bad beer and are looking at the list of worst reviews, please see Bud Light Chelada!! That is 50 times worse than this brew!

TCgoalie, Jun 14, 2011

Reviewed from notes; originally 5/27/11.

A-Pours a golden yellow color with no head after an aggressive pour

S-Smells of sweet malt and chili peppers with no hints of any hop notes.

T-Amber ale-like in the front with cloying malt with a very healthy dose of chili pepper.

M-Syrupy consistency with very low carbonation and dry finish.

D-Wow, I can't get by the sweetness on this one. The chili pepper is actually really nice in this and I feel like this aspect of the beer would be better married with a darker beer like a porter.

samie85, May 29, 2011
3.53/5  rDev +111.4%

So it looks like everyone hates this beer but I am a fan of chilis in my brew. It pours like any other mexican lager with a light, urine yellow with no joie de vie. The smell was equally muted with aromas of chili and cooked vegetables. The taste was wonderful to me. Fresh chili heat sizzling on my tongue with light hops in the background. This would be a good basis for a fine hot sauce.

Portertime, May 18, 2011
1.25/5  rDev -25.1%

So I've seen the reviews on this beer before, and I've seen this beer at the liquor store. I was at a friends house and he had this beer in the fridge. His friend gave it to him for a joke 2 years ago and it was still there, I told him we had to try it. so we did

Appearance-BMC style, small head, goes away almost immediately.

Nose-The absolutely worst salsa you can smell. Funky and gross

Taste-Initially it tastes like a light beer, once the beer gets further down your palate you get a very unpleasant hotness that lingers, and stays for a while. This really does suck.

Mouthfeel-Gross

Overall-I wouldn't make anyone drink this beer, don't even try it, it sucks. We each took a sip and drainpoured. Took 30 minutes to get the taste out of our mouths.

SWMeyer4141, May 01, 2011
1.93/5  rDev +15.6%

A novelty beer. Golden color with no head or lacing. Feels kinda silly talking about color and lacing with this beer. Smell is all chili. Taste is probably exactly what they intended: A beer with a chili pepper in it. Had this beer at a polar bear jump and it worked to warm me up, I think. Do not drink this if you are prone to heartburn like I am. But I have had worse.

clr231, Apr 01, 2011
1.15/5  rDev -31.1%

Best before april 2010.
Cellared especially for This tasting as i figured the longer it sits the more wonderful chili flavours will be imparted on the brew.

Pours yellow as the my urine after a long night of heavy drinking. I images that if an old man who was drowning in the dead sea re to be pulled out at the last minutes before death he would probably piss this colour. No head to speak of which is just fine because i want to view the world clearly through this golden lens of urine.

Smells like dirt. But not just any dirt... Have you ever been to Arizona? Standing on the edge of the grand canyon next to one of those donkeys . It smells like the dirt under the ground where that donkey dragged it's fly infested anus. Oh, but wait... There are chili pepper thrown in there as well. Sooo much chili pepper. I think this one needs more age for that wonderfu chili flavour to grow.

Tastes like... Well, one time i ate taco bell for a week and and the worst diarehha. It was so bad my butt hole felt like it was on fire.... Well, this beer tastes like that. Burning and awefulness burning my throat and stomach. After one sip i am positive i have heartburn and will likely have acid reflux for the rest of my life. If i could i would lick that donkey's ass to get this taste out of my mouth.

The burning in my mouth is just awful. It's like someone buried me to my neck in sand in some desert somewhere, kicked in my teeth and shoved a pepper down my throat. Despite begging for mercy my throat still screams out for the sweet calming peace of death.

This is clearly the least drinkable beer i have ever had... No, could ever imagine. The beginning of each sip is bearable but the finish is like a thousand fire ants swarming down my throat. Burning and dirty awfulness hits my tongue with a force that can only be equaled by the fires of a human sized kiln. Burning not only at my throat but my tongue and lips as well. I would rather have 3rd degree burns across the surface of my body than drink another sip...

And yet, i dare to eat the chili pepper

If you are reading this... DO NOT EAT THE CHILI PEPPER

Urbancaver, Mar 07, 2011
Crazy Ed's Cave Creek Chili Beer from Chili Beer Co.