Crazy Ed's Cave Creek Chili Beer - Chili Beer Co.

Crazy Ed's Cave Creek Chili BeerCrazy Ed's Cave Creek Chili Beer

awful

Chili Beer Co. visit their website
Arizona, United States

Chile Beer |  4.20% ABV

Beer added by: taez555 on 02-04-2002

to view all ratings, reviews and sorting options.
Ratings: 269 | Reviews: 230

3.64/5  rDev +115.4%

sorry, but I love this sh*t. I wont session this. nor do I inted to drink this early on in my session, but this is an awesome dessert beer. reference all the breweries who are competing for the hottest beer competition.... you don't have to like it. but I do. cave creek, however, is not producing the best chile beer around, but it DOES provide a chile in every beer, which is kind of cool. it's not intended to supplant your favorite stout or ipa, but, rather, it IS an interesting aside to most beers produced and I appreciate it.
take it or leave it. I enjoy it. just like I enjoy sushi ever once in awhile....

2.75/5  rDev +62.7%

2.25/5  rDev +33.1%

2.5/5  rDev +47.9%

1.03/5  rDev -39.1%

I cannot remember who sent me this, who ever you were.... screw you.

This looks like beer in the most generic sense. Yellow and yellow. There is nothing but yellow. There is no head, no lacing, no appeal. I am not sure why I did not stop right here.

The aroma is atrocious. All adjunct lager and hot sauce in the nose.

This beer seriously tastes like how Taco Bell feels coming out. I apologize for churching it up a bit, it is really much worse than that. Unobstructed chili flavor and heat. There is absolutely nothing desirable about this beer.

All my mouth feels is hot. I can say that it is light bodied, that is about as detailed I can get.

I will readily admit that this review was written based off a very small sample. I feel comfortable writing this review because I am positive it was not going to get any better, in fact I am sure it would have only gotten worse. This is not a beer, this is torture. Screw water boarding, make me drink this and I will tell you everything. Since it is the night before Thanksgiving I feel like I should end on a positive note. I am thankful I never have to drink this again.

I first had this beer probably 13 years ago...I still wake in a cold sweat from the occasional nightmares that accompany the PTSD from that fateful night.

I remember it all so clearly. A weak, flat, pale beer...an eye-watering fermented pepper smell...

And then the taste. Oh, that terrible, terrible taste. I've never had a beer that appeared to have been intentionally made this bad. And that includes that terrible concoction of Bud Light & Clamato juice.

And it doesn't go away, the taste. It burns, and not in a good way. Try as many other beers as you want, nothing will wash your palate of this awful sin.

Over a decade later, and I regularly suffer from Class 3 heart-burn. I'm relatively certain I can trace it back to this beer.

1.25/5  rDev -26%

1.75/5  rDev +3.6%

3.07/5  rDev +81.7%

a: clear golden yellow with a quarter inch of white head that rather quickly disappears.

s: chile pepper mostly with a slight hint of grains in the background.

t: straight chile pepper.

m: thin and watery. very little carbonation.

o: surprised by this beer, i thought from the reviews that this would be horrible, but it tastes and smells like chile's so they nailed it for the style. not something i could drink more than one of in a sitting, but will definitely warm you up on a cold day. think i will buy more to age.

to view all ratings, reviews and sorting options.
Crazy Ed's Cave Creek Chili Beer from Chili Beer Co.