Crazy Ed's Cave Creek Chili Beer - Chili Beer Co.

Crazy Ed's Cave Creek Chili BeerCrazy Ed's Cave Creek Chili Beer

awful

Chili Beer Co. visit their website
Arizona, United States

Chile Beer |  4.20% ABV

Beer added by: taez555 on 02-04-2002

2.85/5  rDev +66.7%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 2 | overall: 2.5

#1 I love hot foods, chile’s and flame’n hot drinks. So I might be a little biased. #2 I like the appearance of this beer (bottle wise), the pepper in beer just wish it was a red serrno or something. Now the review. This beer poured into the glass a clear pale yellow color. There was only slight head for a micro-second, and it was white in color. The aroma was of very little traditional beer smells. Some hops and spices (cinnamon I believe), that is it. The taste was interesting. Clean and watery with hints of cinnamon some hop. As it slides down the back of your throat the heat from the pepper kicks in and forces you to either savor the pain or drink more to try to extinguish the heat. And this works for a second until it hits the back of the throat again. A vicious cycle that ends when the beer is gone. As far as me liking this beer for all the BA qualities, No. As a Chile Head whole likes the pain – Yes. Would I buy more of this – Probably not. Might for a picnic with all my chile-head friends to keep with the theme. And I would take a free bottle if given. (1,100 characters)

3.03/5  rDev +77.2%

wow thats hot!
I like hot stuff butt this sucks!

this is someting you have to drink straight from the bottle.
It has a golden color thin body with pepper in it .

it taste like krappy beer mixed with hott pepper, I do not recommend this one but you might want to try it just for a goof! (294 characters)

2.76/5  rDev +61.4%

EEEEEEEK!

EE-YA-CARRRR-AM-BAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OWwwwwwwwwWA-wa-WA-wa-WA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Man, that's a hot one! Chili beer delivers. As you can imagine, it's hard to pick out the finer points when your mouth is on fire. This would go great with some really-heavy, greasy-ass chili or something similarly decadent--especially when it's ice cold!

I didn't think it was all that bad.......just DANGEROUS AS HELL!
Hot as hell, too! (457 characters)

1.33/5  rDev -22.2%

Comes in a clear glass bottle with a chili pepper floating in it. Poured a clear yellow with a white head that disappeared quickly. Aroma primarily consisted of peppers with a real feint malt scent. The pepper taste of this beer is so strong that it ruins everything. Pepper flavor is so extremely harsh that it just singes your mouth and burns your throat as it goes down.

I really enjoy hot and spicy foods, the hotter the better, but this is not what a beer should be-- in any form. It would seem that this would be a great beer to pair with Mexican, spicy Thai or other hot foods, but it's not. The result in flavor is so painful that it's like throwing gasoline on a fire in an attempt to quench your thirst. I'm not sure what this is good for, but it's a gimmick beer at best. (785 characters)

This beer has been sticking in my mind for several years now. Bought a bottle of it thinking "how cool". Well I should have thought "how hot." This beer is just undrinkable. I winced with every gulp, finally just pouring it down the drain. Although I sometimes want a case of this to play an evil prank on a frat or some other non-suspecting macro drunks. Could you imagine funneling this crap? (394 characters)

1.4/5  rDev -18.1%

This beer has no redeeming social value. Cheap beer with a serrano pepper thrown in. You drink it and it's hot. So of course you want something to drink to quench the heat. It's a nasty circle. I don't think it'd be good with chili, burritos or anything else because it has absolutely no refreshment value at all. A novelty beer is about all it is, and a poor one at that. And I like hot spicy food too. (405 characters)

1.32/5  rDev -22.8%

Pours a clear pale yellow color without even a fizzy head that even the american macro lagers can get. All I can smell is the pepper in this brew. No traditional beer smealls of hops, malt, adjunct, nothing, just too much damn pepper. Yummy, water with pepper extract added, this is just great stuff. Again there isn't anything else going on in this beer and even if there was you wouldn't be able to taste it since the pepper taste is soo strong. Incredibly thin this beer just isn't drinkable and is going to become one of the first brews that I've dumped down the drain in a long time. This stuff is just plain nasty and I would definitely like to warn everyone here to stay away from it. (698 characters)

1.91/5  rDev +11.7%

I've had this beer several times but was never able to finish a whole bottle. I guess I just can't learn my lesson. (Of course, I'm only drinking this to review it, and to get the last bottle out of my fridge). It looks good. The whole thing. The bottle, the pepper, the color. Can't keep a head. The aroma is odd, but not offensive in any way. I guess it's picking up something from the chili. The very first sip gives a touch of basic malt flavor, and some flavor from the pepper. The pepper flavor is actually kind of nice. Although the body seems medium/thin, the mouthfeel is obviously way out there. The heat builds quickly, and you can feel it immediately. I actually kind of like it at first - the sensation covers the upper back of the mouth and part of the throat. Kind of like an amplified feeling of the air escaping your lungs as you get the wind knocked out of you! But by the third taste it's all gone! I can't taste anything and the burn is NOT pleasant. That about covers it. Gimmick. If it wasn't technically beer in the bottle, I wouldn't even call it a beer. I've had much better pepper beers where the flavor is allowed to come through without killing you with heat. John Harvard's in Wayne, PA once did a nice smoked Chipolte beer like that. (1,263 characters)

Ben is too kind, after more than 1000 beers this is easily the worst beer I have ever had. It is a beer by label only, if there was a lower rating like zero it would have gotten it. Comes in a clear bottle so you can see the chili pepper, can you say pasteurized cow piss - not worth the $1.25. (294 characters)

Crazy Ed's Cave Creek Chili Beer from Chili Beer Co.