Hello, is it beer you're looking for?

Original C Cave Creek Chili Beer - Cerveza Con Chili - Chili Beer Co.

Original C Cave Creek Chili Beer - Cerveza Con ChiliOriginal C Cave Creek Chili Beer - Cerveza Con Chili

Chili Beer Co. visit their website
Arizona, United States

Chile Beer |  4.20% ABV

Beer added by: oelergud on 09-23-2007

by far the worst beer I have ever had.

A: piss yellow with a foamy head that doesn't stick around.

S: smells horrible. like tabasco sauce and vinegar and skunk.

T: horrible. starts fairly sweet, finishes a bit spicy. reminds me of frosted flakes, in goat piss, with tabasco sauce on them.

M: bubbly and light. leaves a pepper burn in the back of your throat.

D: the smell makes me think I'll throw up. The tastes confirms that thought. I always finish my beer because there are sober kids in India, that is until this one. on the bright side it might work as well as draino.

I didn't realize that they could bottle Tabasco sauce and pass it off as beer. Because that's all this is. You can miss the bottle, because it has a giant green pepper in it.

It's as spicy as hell and leaves a horrible burning from my mouth to about halfway down my trachea. It actually fizzes as you poor it into a glass.

I was worried about getting a disease while drinking this, and while I don't mind dying slowly from alcohol intake, I'd rather not have it be from a single crap beer.

Personally, I'll try any beer once. And I've wanted to try this one for some time now to see how bad it really is. Poured from the 12 ounce twist-off clear bottle with a chile pepper inside, into a taster glass.

A: Completely clear pale golden body with a small fizzy white head that was gone in seconds. Absolutely no head retention or lacing whatsoever. Talk about pathetic looking.

S: Gross. Spicy chili pepper, chili powder, black pepper, jalapeño and dill. That is seriously foul and disgusting. There's nothing from the "beer" base, if you would even argue it has one, that comes out at all.

T: Huge chili pepper flavors, peperoncini, chili powder and an overwhelming spiciness/burning sensation through the mouth and throat. Honestly, this is disgusting, vile and foul and is simply not drinkable. Two sips and I was finished, complete drain pour.

M: Bubbly, extremely carbonated, thin and watery. What else would you expect from a "beer" this like though? On par, yes, though it still is a terrible feel. Add the lingering burn for a good 15-20 minutes after I stopped drinking and this is just a complete fail.

Easily the worst beer I've ever had and this one is completely deserving of its score. The simple fact they bottle this and actually are getting sales (like me!) for consumption is mind-blowing. Although, this might be good to cook Mexican food with.

A - Light clear gold with a very thin, almost non-existing white head. No lacing, and of course there is a pepper floating around (I didn't pour it in the glass, but honestly it probably wouldn't matter).

S - Searing jalapeño juice and tabasco sauce. A number of other peppery smells. Hint of corn adjunct lager. Actually if you are looking for a very peppery chile beer, this might be a decent smelling beer.

T - Light dull tasting corn lager is the underlying base. This is always in the background. Upfront is the strong jalapeño juice and tabasco sauce. Pretty hot and spicy, but not bad or unbearable; however definitely not good or enjoyable.

M - Light and fizzy with lots of carbonation. Hot and tingly presence throughout the mouth that linger more than I wish it would.

D - I struggled to finish this one. After the first couple of sips, the novelty wore off and I was stuck with something I didn't really want to drink. Unfortunately, this is not one to chug, so I was stuck with it for a while.

Notes: I would say it is worth trying once just to see how bad it is and as a novelty drink. Even without all the pepper taste this would be a bad beer. This is not just a bad beer, it is an offensive one. The kind of beer that takes your mother out to dinner, shows her a good time, and never calls again. I have a policy of no drain pours, this beer tested that policy and stretched to the limit. Oh and if you are drinking this beer, you might as well eat the pepper, as it is probably the least offensive part, and lost essentially all of its heat so it is a slightly waxy, pulpy shell of a jalapeño.

This beer pours more like a soda than a beer. The head is really fizz, and goes away the second I am done pouring it. The color of the beer is golden, but it really doesn't look like beer. The aroma is tobasco sauce, very unbeery. The taste is awful in the strongest sense of the word. It is like drinking a bottle of tobasco sauce. The mouthfeel is like that of a soda, fizzy and light. Overall, I tried this beeer, because I wanted to know if it was as bad as my fellow BAs have said. They were right. This is one of the worst beers I've ever had. In fact, this is the worst thing I have ever drank....ever.

"We want chili willies".- Barney (The Simpsons)

Original C Cave Creek Chili Beer, I've been looking for this one for a while, bottle from Wine World in Jersey. Hiss with a pry, OCCCCB pours out a uninspired pale yellow with fizz but not enough for a sparse cap, looks dead after 30 seconds. Smell is all peppers, chili, mexico, watered down Corona, it is what it is. On first sips im greeted by some spice, with pepper and some watered down mexican beer. Two seconds later, my mouth is spiced out of proportion with clashing chili/pepper, what have you. GROSS!! I could taste this for about a half hour afterwards. It almost wrecked my palate, mind you. Feel is fizzy thin with carb but for what. The beer is carbed I'll give it that, but the aftertaste of shame is huge. Im glad to give this a whirl. The US should use this beer as a interogation tactic for terrorists. That is all.

1.03/5  rDev -50.5%

This really smells like pickled peppers. Vinegar. At first it smelled spicy but it just settles down into a vinegar type of aroma backed with a very thin macro lager aroma. That isn't what I wanted to smell in a beer.

Certain things have to be tasted to be believed. This is one. Not saying you really WANT to try this, but you just can't believe the taste until you try it. You know, at first it isn't that bad as far as heat is concerned. Yes, it's gross...it tastes like pickled peppers...but it isn't abusive. And then, it happens...it turns hot. Really quite hot. I'm getting heartburn nearly immediately. This is just awful. Terrible. Probably the worst beer I've ever had. Nothing redeemable. I get nothing else out of the taste here....just heat. I may as well drink the juice out of a jalapeno jar.

Do I need to really say much more?

1.03/5  rDev -50.5%

I’d be a liar if I said I didn’t get excited when I found a few bottles of this beer hiding in a corner on the bottom shelf of the singles rack at Bevmo. This beers’ reputation precedes itself, and I feel honored that I have the privilege of tasting its spicy nectar.

From the clear bottle that proudly sports a 3-inch green chili pepper inside its golden liquid I reluctantly poured a few ounces into my Jackie O’s snifter. This same snifter has delivered me such fine beers as Wooden Hell and Veritas 004, but Cave Creek Chili Beer has to be the greatest beer this snifter will ever see by far.

The pour went smoothly enough. It had to be slow and deliberate so as to prevent the chili from escaping its bottled prison. The carbonation reminds me of seltzer water, and before I put the bottle back down on the table the fizzy quarter inch of white head had already disappeared from the pour.

I would describe the smell as something akin to the vomit one would produce after getting drunk off Corona and then eating a ton of spicy Mexican food. This beer definitely smells of green chilies and spicy pepper oil, but it also has this awful undertone of cornflakes and stomach acid. I’m not piling on this beer just to be mean; the smell of it really does make me gag.

The first sip went about as well as I thought it would. I held the liquid in my mouth for a few moments trying to discern some sort of flavor all the while thinking, “you know, this beer really isn’t that hot”…. then someone turned it up to eleven. How is anyone supposed to drink this? I mean I’ve had a few chili beers before. One was good, another was decent, but ALL were drinkable. When I drink this I can’t tell if I’m drinking a beer or biting into a jalapeno. I’m not even going to comment on the mouthfeel as all I can ‘feel’ when I drink this beer is fire. Watery fire.

The only reason this beer must still be in existence is due to its novelty. I can already think of two or three friends who are getting this for their birthdays, not to mention my coworkers. I mean, no one can really enjoy this let alone buy a 6-pack of it. I was going to say that unless super spicy foods are you thing you should stay away from this beer, but I’ve decided that everyone needs to stay away from this beer. Only buy a bottle if you plan to leave it under your bed to use as mace in case of burglary.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Warning. Do not try this at home <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

This beer tastes like ass. I would rather eat pepper marinated horse manure. If you must drink this beer, make sure you have a bucket at your side because you will immediately puke.

This was the only beer I have ever been afraid to drink after smelling it. It smelled like pepper spray. It tasted like pepper spray and Natrual Light. So, if you get off by horrifying beverages, this is for you. If you don't, don't drink this beer.

That being said, I am still glad I got to tick this. I wouldn't have it any other way.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< End Warning >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

1.03/5  rDev -50.5%

Had this badboy while jamming my fingers into a pencil sharpener. After drinking most of it I used it to cauterize my sutures.

A-Looks like your standard swill beer, a light yellow bubbly pour, looked like it was trying desperately to make some kind of head, but nothing more than a thin layer of foam.

S-Like the bowels of a muskrat. If said muskrat was dead.

T- Hits you with a chili-swill beer taste that can only be described as hellish.

M-I drank it about an hour ago and I still have the hiccups, my mouth still burns. I fear that I've scarred my mouth for life.

O-Straight from the 7th plain of hell. Satan would be proud. Absolutely disgusting. Please don't drink this yourself.

1.03/5  rDev -50.5%

12oz bottle from the BevMo!, in Scottsdale, Arizona.

A- Pours a clear golden straw piss-yellow. Flat. There appears to be no carbonation or head whatsoever. The giant chili pepper floating in my glass isn't a comforting site either...
S- Faint chili pepper aroma. Who would have guessed? That might be a good thing if I was having some salsa or a taco, but certainly not in my beer.
T- Oh gawd. I can't even begin to describe how awful this drink is. From this point on, I will no longer refer to this as a "beer." It is a drink. A horrific, spicy, drink. It's like someone poured jalepeno juice into a MGD 64.
M- Um, spicy? I really can't concentrate on the mouthfeel when my drink tastes like liquified jalepeno ass.
D- I got through like three sips. I almost puked. I actually almost feel sorry for my drain at this point.

Seriously, I can't think of one good thing to write about this drink. Not a single one. I can only hope that those reading this will not make the same mistake I made...

1.08/5  rDev -48.1%

I'm a glutton for punishment I guess. My A-B rep came in today and we decided to give this a try...fuck I'm an idiot for saying ok.

A- Poured into a glass. Pours a light golden color. Nothing special just like a BMC. Very little head at first that then comes to life midway through the pour leaving me with a good 1/4 inch off white head. When it dies down left no lacing. I was lucky enough to have the pepper land in my glass....it must not of liked being in the bottle much for as I cracked the bottle open in the first place it shot to the top. Not a good looking beer in my opinion. This can only get worse.

(on a side note my assistant manager who likes anything hot took the chili out of my cup and took a bite out of it. His eyes lit up and about 2 minutes later raced to the bathroom because the pepper didn't sit right with him...I should have known then this was going to be unpleasant).

S- This is rancid smelling at best. The smell of peppers is almost too much. This beer smells like a warm Bud on a hot day with someones idea of a joke by putting pepper juice in it. I tried to find some good in it but it's gone bad a long time ago and wasn't coming back. I would rather stick my nose in a run over skunk's asshole during the middle of summer than smell this horrible horrible beer again.

T- After smelling the beer I once again didn't really want to drink it. Upon first sip I didn't even taste anything. This is good right?? No because I just got a burning feeling going down my throat. I think this is what it would be like if Satan decided to walk upon us and pick you out as a human urinal. No real distinct taste but it burns when it hits the back of your mouth. It tasted like a BMC gone wrong. This hellfire should be given back to Hell pronto!

M- I didn't really want to even put this back into my mouth after the first taste but for the sake of a review I did. Oh the horror. Yes it does have a light and crisp feel to it as long as you could forget about the overwhelming pepper taste that came along with it. It coated everything in a watery pepper juice taste. Hot. Like someone started a wildfire in your mouth. And I then remembered "Only you can prevent forest fires!" How I wish I would have heeded to those warnings.

D- Why anyone would rate this high is beyond me. I understand everyone has a different palate but for crying out loud who would want some hot Satan piss in their mouth? Oh yea the same people who like the golden showers. Word of advice for those people who are trying to be pushed into giving their partner a golden shower...tell them to close their eyes and pour this on them. It will get them to never ask you to do it again.

P.S. You should give this beer a try someday. Just so you know what I am talking about.

1.08/5  rDev -48.1%

A=Pours a very clear yellow color, with a 2 finger head that very quickly disappears, with an unfortunate looking chili pepper floating in it.
S=Smells like the inside of a jar of canned peppers. No other aroma to speak of.
T=I'm nervous after the smell! Tastes like hot chili, spice, and...pepper? Not trying to be a jerk but this really does taste awful.
M=only thing even remotely decent, the spice is somewhat pleasant. Very thin in the body.
D=If I could give it a zero, I would. Instant drain pour, I only got a few sips into it.

I tried this for the novelty, hoping that maybe, just maybe I would kind of like it because I love spicy food. Very unfortunate beer overall

1.08/5  rDev -48.1%

Jeez, who came up with this? This is barely drinkable at all. The pepper contaminates the beer all together and makes it like drinking fresh squeezed pepper juice. This almost has to be a joke. It's one thing to put fruit in beer but to put something like a pepper in it is just crazy. People drink beer to kill the burn of spicy foods not add to it. The aroma and taste of this is just chili pepper. Nothing else.

1.09/5  rDev -47.6%

A: I thought the pepper floating in the bottle was the best thing about this beer. It was at the bottom when unopened, it floated the second I removed the cap (I assume it acted as a center for nucleation points and became really gassy). Poured with next to no head (although I do this deliberately) and leaves no lacing.

I picked the chili out my glass and put it back in the bottle, but gave it a lick. Tasted horrible.

S: All the worst things about jalepenos - oily, salty, even gritty if such a sensation is possible in a smell. I don't find the heat too unpleasant, isn't a big problem to me.

T: Horrid. I can't discern any hops at all, not much malt flavour but I think there is a back taste of cheap adjuncts although none are explicitly mentioned on the bottle. Tastes the same as it smells, but the heat that was underwhelming to the nose builds up at the back of the throat and soon becomes boring.

M: Tingly as associated with chili peppers. Nothing else. Not smooth, refreshing, thick or any other traits anyone could possibly consider good in beer.

D: Not drinkable. Am considering snakebiting it with my half-fermented turbo cider for the lulz.

I gave the glass to my housemate who also thought it was abhorrent.

1.09/5  rDev -47.6%

This beer pours an average beer color with no head or lace. It's aroma is simply chili pepper, no more, no less. The flavor is chili pepper, over the top hot, and unpalatable. The mouthfeel is thin and hot. Original C Cave Creek Chili Beer is a nasty beer, just heat, no flavor or complexity. Drain pour this one. NOT recommended!!

1.12/5  rDev -46.2%

A - The look is unique in that there's a chili pepper hangin' out at the bottom of the bottle. Once poured the head is bright with and fast paced. It stood at about an inch and a half while at its peak but fades quickly to a topless surface revealing a golden yellow body.

S - It's a cross between a Mexican restaurant and a wayside bathroom in northern Illinois.

T - It's spicy.

M - It makes the back of my throat hurt.

~ I'm sorry but I can't do this.

1.15/5  rDev -44.7%

Given to me by my local beer store owner. what a mess this is, No idea why you would drink except for novelty. . 12 ounce bottle Pours a pale yellow color with no head. Aroma is straight peppers. Nothing else. Taste is really hot. I guess that's what they're going for, but it's ridiculous and I couldn't take it seriously. Good Gag Gift thats about it.

1.15/5  rDev -44.7%

12oz. bottle poured into a nonic. A chile pepper rests at the bottom of the bottle.

(A)- Pours a clear yellow color. No head formed or lacing.

(S)- A potent aroma of chili pepper and that is about everything. Extremely spicy chili pepper and maybe some vegetable/pickled-like smell at the end.

(T)- Hot Hot & Hot! Ridiculously spicy with a burning finish as you swallow; in fact, this almost burns any tastebuds you might have since it is so spicy.

(M)- A normal carbonation level as far as I can tell. Just a ridiculously spicy burning sensation that isnt going away after only a sip or two.

(D)- Well, two sips and I am sure done. I really really tried to like this, but it provides absolutely no enjoyment flavor-wise, but rather pain and a temporary loss in my ability to taste anything else.

1.16/5  rDev -44.2%

Has to be the worst beer I've ever had. Probably gunna drain pour the rest. Poured into a shaker pint. Pours a golden clear. No head. No lacing.

Aroma smells like a chili relliano. Like nacho cheese a bit. So much jalapeño aroma it's crazy. Can't smell anything else.

Tasteyou can't taste anything else except the burn in the back of your throat. Maybe a bit of malt and jalapeño. Terrible.

Mouthfeel is dry and supreme high carb.

Overall a terrible beer. All it does is burn your throat. Only bought it because I wanted to try the worst beer on BA. It lived up to it's expectations.

1.16/5  rDev -44.2%

A-golden yellow, pours a white head that quickly fades to nothing at all. lots of bubbles.

S-smells like loaded nachos with nacho cheese and jalapeños. medium scent. fairly gross.

T-wow, this packs a lot of heat. it tastes like a super spicy jalapeño with an after-taste of nacho cheese. this beer has lots of flavor and punch. the spiciness lasts. it simply just isn't how you want a drink to be. the flavors are way too intense.

M-medium carbonation that stings the mouth

O-definitely a chili beer, but its way too over bearing for me to be enjoyable in any respect. i took 2 tastes and down the drain it went. this beer only caters to a very select group of individuals.

1.19/5  rDev -42.8%

Appearance: Pours out a clear, yellow body. As for the head, well, you just shouldn't worry about it. Avoiding accidentally pouring the goblin penis into your glass should be your top priority.

Smell: Smells like an opened jar of hot pepper sauce.

Taste: Tongue-abusing flavor of hot and shameful peppers with a brief, and I do mean brief sweetness beforehand. I cannot determine if it's the heat from the capsaicin or the sheer indignation that's seering my mouth.

Mouthfeel: Medium-bodied. Mild carbonation.

Drinkability: Avoid. The most frightening words ever spoken: "That wasn't a chili pepper."

1.21/5  rDev -41.8%

A: Looks a lot like an infected urine sample. Pale yellow with very fizzy head that you'd expect out of a second rate soda(think Moutain Lightning from Wal-Mart) The chili made its way into the beer so I guess that's something.

S: Oh my..smells like a farmer's b-hole during a heatwave. Very vegatably and sharp. I'm already regretting my decision to open this abortion of a beer.

T: Well, what do you know? This doesn't taste very good either. It reminds me of one time as a kid when I put my tongue to a 9-volt battery. I had taken it out of a toy that had been sitting out in the weather for about 5 months. It was all oxidized and had began to leak and shit.

Anyway, when I stuck my tongue to it, it was clear that there'd be tissue damage to my tongue and lips. The chemical burn was intense and very painful..just like drinking Cave Creek. Woof.

M: It burns, stings and inflicts almost immediate heartburn.

O: Gosh, I'm not sure how to sum up this beer other than to say if you spend $8-9 for a six pack of this, it's likely money wasted. I'm normally a very polite and accepting person, but if someone brought this to me and said they liked it..I would shame them.

In fact, if you like this beer, there ought to be a sign in your front yard warning neighbors and visitors that you're a crazy son of a bitch capable of anything.

1.23/5  rDev -40.9%

From notes, 3-7-2011

Best before July 21, 2010.

A - the most pointless color. stupid bubbles disappear immediately. looks like someone was partially dehydrated and took a leak into my glass.

S - spicy dirt. sweet malts. Jalapeño jellie bellies. Not looking forward to drinking.

T - Ow! dirt and a crap ton of heat. I'm so mad.

M - Mouthfeel? I can't feel my mouth.

D - I had one small sip and it was too much. I hate drinking it and I don't want. After several small sips, already getting heartburn. I hate drinking this beer.

It's become my life's mission to find the person who made this and kill them and their entire family.

1.23/5  rDev -40.9%

Drank straight from the bottle because I have a feeling it's not worth dirtying a glass. Looks like a cheap adjunct lager but this one happens to have a pepper in it. Smells like really cheap bad beer with a hint of pepper. Tastes like watered down hot sauce with carbonation. Mouthfeel is light and very hot. Not very drinkable at all. This is definitely a drain pour. I didn't have high hopes for this beer and it's about what I expected. This beer would be great for a prank.

Original C Cave Creek Chili Beer - Cerveza Con Chili from Chili Beer Co.